My legs kinda really hurt today.
So much so that I declared today “bring your foam roller to work day” today.
Last night, four of us set out at 6:00 p.m. to complete 18.5 miles. It was cool, windy, and dark, and we held an average of 8:30 pace for the duration of the run.
I finally arrived home sometime after 9 p.m., and my leg’s were aaaaching. Kinda weird my legs would hurt more for 18.5 than they did for 20, right? I’m assuming since I took my 20 miler a little slower, this hurt more.
After my ice-bath-that-kinda-sucked and-almost-wasn’t (I’ve always felt ice baths felt GOOD… this time, since it was longer after I finished running, the cold didn’t feel as great), I couldn’t decide if I was more hungry or more exhausted.
Noted: ice baths feel much better when you haven’t yet cooled off from the run.
Is it just me, or is anyone else not really hungry after long runs? I almost feel nauseous and can’t quite decide what I’m in the mood for. I settled on a easy homemade pizza using whatever I had lying around.
Tortilla Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo Pizza
Prep time: 7 minutes
Bake time: 12 minutes
- 1 La Tortilla Factory Whole Wheat Tortilla
- approx. 7 tbsp Prego Heart Smart Roasted Red Pepper & Garlic Tomato Sauce
- 1 turkey sausage, sliced thin
- approx. 1/6 of an onion, chopped
- 1 handful spinach
- 3 slices Borden cheddar cheese (it was either this or blue cheese or feta… I’m not smart enough to remember to buy mozzarella. Cheddar tasted fine, I promise)
- approx. 5 tbsp. Classico Light Alfredo Sauce (LOVE this stuff)
- red pepper flakes, pepper, garlic salt, & Perfect Pinch Garlic & Herb for seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- After placing the tortilla on a baking sheet, spread the tomato sauce on the tortilla, leaving room for “crust” on the edges
- Add the spinach on top of the sauce, followed by the onion and turkey sausage slices
- Evenly distribute cheese on top of the mixture
- Drizzle alfredo sauce on top
- Bake for approximately 12-15 minutes (until cheese is melted). Foam roll during this time if you need to (I did).
- Sprinkle red pepper flakes on top, followed by other desired seasonings
And that’s how you eat dinner in bed and pass out until you need to wake up for work.
And guess what? I got a pedicure last weekend. There was a casualty.
Or.. “one of these things isn’t really there.”
Too much? Sorry. Fun color, though, right?