You Learn Something New Every Day.

August 17, 2011 · 26 comments

Yesterday was no exception to this rule.

Things I learned:

Lesson 1: Justin likes to stretch for about 10 minutes before he lifts. I know this because I lifted with him for over an hour yesterday. Sigh. This was even better than running on the treadmill next to him.

If you follow me on Twitter, you’ll see I decided
“I can oficially start doodling ‘Alyssa Timberlake’ on my binder again.”

I could totally be the next Hugh Grant in Notting Hill, right?

Lesson 2: My dog is a maniac. No plush toy is safe. This little girl will be playing with Powerade bottles for the rest of her life if she keeps this up.

Lesson 3: Frittatas are awesome. I made this on Sunday night, and I’ve been attacking it ever since.

GIMME THAT EGGY GOODNESS.

Does this count as a WIAW if I give you my frittata recipe, Jenn?

• 1 carton egg beaters
  • 5 stalks asparagus, chopped
  • 1/3 onion, chopped
  • 4 broccoli florets, chopped
  • 1 large mushroom
  • 1/4 squash, chopped
  • 2 large handfuls fresh spinach
  • 4 slices deli turkey, chopped
  • 2 slices cheddar cheese
  • 1 tbsp reduced fat feta cheese
  • dash roasted red pepper
  • dash garlic salt

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Throw ‘em all together in a frying pan without a rubber handle with some non-stick spray. Sautee for a few minutes, and once theyre ready, cover them completely with the eggs/egg beaters.

Take the pan off the heat, put the entire thing in the oven, and leave it in there until you have no more gooey eggs.

This took a little more than 20 minutes for me.

Take out the eggy deliciousness, sprinkle with pepper, and you’re all set. ;) I ate my piece with a side of ranch to dip (which was an awesome contrast to the spicy roasted red pepper flakes).

Lesson 4: I have no portion control around a frittata.

Time to go plan my gym outfit for today

1 Holly August 17, 2011 at 3:06 pm

You are too funny :D I’m still in shock over JT!! Too freaking crazy.
I’m loving that frittata recipe- yum!
Holly recently posted..Fighting a FeverMy Profile

2 katie @KatieDid August 17, 2011 at 3:29 pm

Do you mind if I ask where your from that J.Timb is a regular at your gym?!? SO cooooool!

3 Girl in the pink August 17, 2011 at 3:36 pm

Still really jealous about your JT experience..!
Girl in the pink recently posted..Coconut Vegan Ice Cream, Yes Please!My Profile

4 Cara @ ChicMeetsHealthy August 17, 2011 at 3:45 pm

I have had to perform so many surgeries on my dogs toys. He loves stuffing his nose in the holes and tearing the fluff out!

Love frittatas too!! I love dippin’ mine in some good ole’ ketchup.
Cara @ ChicMeetsHealthy recently posted..Meatless Monday: Eggplant and Mushroom White LasagnaMy Profile

5 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat August 17, 2011 at 3:57 pm

You and J-Tim are bffs now, obviously. I haven’t made a frittata in so long!
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..WIAW – Snack StyleMy Profile

6 Kace August 17, 2011 at 4:09 pm

Hey….stranger things have happened : ) But did you talk to him? You could always ask him to spot you!
Kace recently posted..Blame it on the RainMy Profile

7 theAlmostRunner August 17, 2011 at 4:09 pm

YOU STOP THAT. HE WAS NOT THERE AGAIN. YOU STOPPPPPTHATTTTTTTTTT.
theAlmostRunner recently posted..More EncouragementMy Profile

8 Diana August 17, 2011 at 4:19 pm

so seriously…when are you and JT going to start dating?!?!
Diana recently posted..I’m baaaack!My Profile

9 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health August 17, 2011 at 4:39 pm

Haha..gotta look super sexy at the gym today, right? I say you just throw yourself on him ;). That frittata looks amazing…and whenever I see the word frittatas, I like to pronounce it “free tatas” and roll the “r” sound and say tatas like you’re talking about boobies…hehe. I’m a nerd, I know. And my dog likes to tear up her stuffed toys too!
Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Beach, Pool, and a Yummy DinnerMy Profile

10 Allie @ PickyEatingRD August 17, 2011 at 5:07 pm

I can’t wait to keep reading about your gym-mance with Justin T I am so jealous! I am also counting on you being in this weeks US Weekly giving a “tell all” on your lift sesh with him.
Allie @ PickyEatingRD recently posted..Lack of PlanningMy Profile

11 Tiffany August 17, 2011 at 5:16 pm

Ok, you need to divuldge more info about JT just than i lifted with him for an hour–hello details! If you dont seal the deal, send in Chloe!!
Tiffany recently posted..Not my native tongueMy Profile

12 Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons August 17, 2011 at 7:45 pm

Alyssaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! Check yo twitter! Bad girl =)

still love you mucho. now add your dinner to this! <– your punishment! haha! MWAH!!!!!

can we go run with JT today? say the word and i'll hop in my car… ;)
Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons recently posted..WIAW + Bloggiversary + Giveaway = Best Day Evahhhh!My Profile

13 Meg August 17, 2011 at 7:55 pm

The fact that you work out with jt is absolutely ridiculous and insanity. I’m sooo jeal I was always an nsync girl at heart (bye bye bye…classic).

That fritatta looks so yummy! I made one awhile ago and it lasted 2 days…there really is no such thing as a serving size when something includes feta, chedda, and turkey.
Meg recently posted..Switcheroo!My Profile

14 Brandi @ The Vitamin Bee August 17, 2011 at 8:18 pm

I’m like one second away from setting up camp outside of your gym! For realz.
Brandi @ The Vitamin Bee recently posted..Tent DressMy Profile

15 Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) August 17, 2011 at 8:32 pm

Yummy Frittata!
Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) recently posted..[WIWIAW]My Profile

16 Alexa @ Simple Eats August 17, 2011 at 9:21 pm

JTT and a fritatta in one week? I’m jealous of you life…seriously.
Alexa @ Simple Eats recently posted..My Other Favorite BlogsMy Profile

17 Nicole @ Of Cookies and Carrots August 17, 2011 at 9:30 pm

Oh my GOD I would pay to lift with JT… gahhhhh. does he have bodyguards and such with him?
Nicole @ Of Cookies and Carrots recently posted..the boy who lived [universal studios]My Profile

18 lindsay August 18, 2011 at 12:04 am

i say you sell that picture of justin to TMZ and make some $$! haha.
p.s.
my lab was the same way.

19 Brittany @ A Spoonful of Peanut Butter August 18, 2011 at 6:45 pm

Where is this gym? I’m dying to know because I would love to just pretend to be lifting or running, but really just staring at justin timberlake stretch and lift…while I try to hide my drool at the same time. That man is FINE. You are one lucky girl!! :P
Brittany @ A Spoonful of Peanut Butter recently posted..Caught in the RainMy Profile