Where I’ve Been

August 8, 2011 · 44 comments

I’m baaaaack.

That’s baby Sloane, my youngest niece. I had lots and lots of family playtime this past week on our annual family stay in our condo in North Myrtle Beach.

Where we had some sunny beach days..

And we had some not-so-nice beach days.

(You’re welcome for giving you my prettiest face in that one.)

Hmm.. what else did I do on vacation?

provided the children with ample sneak attack raspberries

sang some Glee karaoke with my father

braved the terrorism of my brother..

“Hey, Lyss. Guess what’s on your stomach.”

You’re not so innocent, Doug-uh.

We took the annual family white-and-khaki pictures…

And one with a TWIST.

(non-phillies phans of the phamily were not invited to partake in this one)

Aaaand we had a siblings/cousins night out!

Need I even note the fact that we had annual family crab night?

I like the claw meat best.. obv.

And all the while, we never stopped oohing and aahing over the newest baby of the fam. πŸ™‚

And what did I do today post-vacation? I got up at 5:30 a.m. to run 16 miles. I’m pooped. My legs are sore. And I’ve eaten two dinners in one night.

Thanks to Robby and Jim, my running buddies. It was a rough finish, but I got through. New PDR = done! πŸ˜€ Only 10.2 to go.

At least I had a nice view to plop down on post-run.

P.S. Yes I do buy children’s XL tempo shorts. They’re right between an adult small and medium, so they fit perfectly. They’re also cheaper. Stop judging me.

1 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn August 8, 2011 at 3:47 am

YEAHH HOTTAYYY!! I wish I had the balls to run 16 miles right now…baby steps, baby steps. I can’t wait to train for my second half!! ahhhh I miss you and I’m glad you had a lovely time with your fam <3 Rochester could use some sunshine, bottle some up and send it my way please and thanks
Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn recently posted..Bigger-Than-Your-Momma’s-Booty Anniversary Giveaway!My Profile

2 Lisa @ I'm an Okie August 8, 2011 at 4:12 am

you are sexy tan! πŸ™‚
Lisa @ I’m an Okie recently posted..NuNaturals BakingMy Profile

3 what katie's baking August 8, 2011 at 5:41 am

danngg girl look at you!
hottie!!
it looks like you had a blast! πŸ™‚ loved the pics!

4 Sophie August 8, 2011 at 7:06 am

Looks like you had an amazing time, your niece is so cute!
Your blog always manages to make me smile πŸ™‚
And by the way, you have a fantastic stomach!
Sophie recently posted..Finally home for a while!My Profile

5 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey August 8, 2011 at 10:44 am

Why have I never thought to buy children’s shorts? I’ right between a small and medium!
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..insert retail therapy hereMy Profile

6 Sam August 8, 2011 at 11:51 am

I’m definitely not judging you about the shorts…in fact i am thinking you are a genius right now!!
It looks like a great time. I love the beachy views and your white and floral bathing suit is so cute!!!
Sam recently posted..#2 TBTLMy Profile

7 Liz @ Something To Chew On August 8, 2011 at 12:12 pm

This shorts buying strategy is smart! I’ve never thought about that before!! Cuuuute white/khaki photo πŸ™‚
Liz @ Something To Chew On recently posted..Breakfast PizzaMy Profile

8 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat August 8, 2011 at 12:26 pm

Making me jealous that our family didn’t do our annual North Myrtle trip this year… I totally buy XL kids stuff.
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Trying New Things (free yogurt coupon!)My Profile

9 Kace August 8, 2011 at 12:48 pm

Love the phils pic, obv. Also love the over use of “ph” as an “f” sound… true philly girl at heart <3. Our people are the cutest, even if everyone mistakes it for being obnoxious.
Kace recently posted..Waking Up Is Hard To DoMy Profile

10 Hollie @lolzthatswim(andrun) August 8, 2011 at 12:50 pm

BAHAHA. Yes. My brothers used to put crabs on me too. Um are you back in VA Beach. Can we please go get lunch or go to the beach? Okay yes.
Hollie @lolzthatswim(andrun) recently posted..Sunday FundayMy Profile

11 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health August 8, 2011 at 1:21 pm

Yay you’re back! I’ve missed you in blog-land :). But it looks like you had an amazing time! Congrats on 16 miles…that’s so amazing! And good idea on buying children’s shorts- I’ve never thought of that.
Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Thick and Hearty PancakesMy Profile

12 cait August 8, 2011 at 1:45 pm

look at you gorgeous girl πŸ™‚ sooo missed ya but looks like you had an incredible time! those pics are adorable πŸ™‚ ps love that bathing suit too! where is it from?!
cait recently posted..Ruining PicturesMy Profile

13 Nicole August 8, 2011 at 4:58 pm

Definitely buy children’s XL large shorts too!

14 Tara @ texasrunnergirl.com August 8, 2011 at 5:01 pm

OMG! You know what I’m taking away from this post (besides I hate that you have a nice smooth stomach) is that I can go look at those super cute shorts in the kids section! Quick question? Girls or boys shorts? Cause I think there is a sizing difference.
Tara @ texasrunnergirl.com recently posted..my bestie…My Profile

15 Erika August 8, 2011 at 5:08 pm

Looks like you had such a good time! And this made me look forward to my vacation next week even more.
Erika recently posted..Mixed Fruit Mint SmoothieMy Profile

16 Kristine @ Running On Hungry August 8, 2011 at 6:04 pm

Looks SO fun! Love the white dress!

And ummmm Phillies. As a diehard Giants fan I will look past this because I love your blog so much (and because you guys KILLED us this weekend) but come post season I think we will have quite a series on our hands! πŸ˜‰
Kristine @ Running On Hungry recently posted..Beach Weekend + Week 1 to 26.2My Profile

17 Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) August 8, 2011 at 7:45 pm

yo so can I like.. live your life?
Carrie (Moves ‘N Munchies) recently posted..YEEEHAHH!My Profile

18 katie @KatieDid August 8, 2011 at 7:51 pm

congrats on a PDR that’s seriously awesome, and especially coming right off of vacation. That can either be super tough to motivate yourself or your raring to get back to running after some time off. Your trip looked so relaxing, and your family is so adorable with those pictures! andddd I love your tan suit with the patterned bottoms– where is it from?!

19 Brittany @ LessBritt MoreLife August 8, 2011 at 11:59 pm

You are so tan– i’m TOTALLY jealous! Glad you had a great time at the beach, but i’m glad you’re back πŸ™‚ xo
Brittany @ LessBritt MoreLife recently posted..Meet a blogger and happy hour!My Profile

20 Nikki August 9, 2011 at 12:00 am

Excellent idea about the shorts!!
Nikki recently posted..Messing AroundMy Profile

21 Jena August 9, 2011 at 12:10 am

Hi! I found your blog via Sarah @ OUL .. No shame in buying kids clothes! I have some girls sweat pants in XL & some Nike running shorts in girls.. You are right, they are def cheaper. No shame in my game!
Jena recently posted..Planning it outMy Profile

22 Jamie @ snacktress August 9, 2011 at 12:45 am

Eeeeee, it looks like you had so much fun! Your niece is an actual doll. My sis-in-law is gonna burst at any moment and I just can’t wait.

23 Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry August 9, 2011 at 1:09 am

Aww, looks like a gooooood time.
I LOVE the claw meat!

Hey, do I spot your uncle?!
Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry recently posted..Back to Life, Back to Reality (and I LIKE IT!)My Profile

24 lindsay August 9, 2011 at 1:25 am

those are some AWESOME smiles. What fun! and girl, please send me some of your tan.
πŸ˜‰
lindsay recently posted..Check the FreezerMy Profile

25 Melissa @ Live, Love, & Run August 9, 2011 at 2:47 am

Hi, um, I wish I could fit a child’s XL. πŸ˜› No judgement here!

First, love your polka dot VS! bathing suit. Love the color.

Second, you have a fab tan.

Third, I’m loving that you had such a fantastic family vacation. You guys look like you truly enjoy the time you spend together. πŸ™‚ Welcome back!
Melissa @ Live, Love, & Run recently posted..august goals.My Profile

26 katie August 9, 2011 at 2:53 am

oh HAY girl, can i get yo digits? but seriously. you are gorgeous and so fun to be around (yes, i can tell by reading ur blog that you are) that looks like SO much fun, so jealous u were at da beach!

27 sara @ the foodie diaries August 9, 2011 at 2:57 am

YAYAYAYAY Welcome back πŸ™‚ Looks like you had a great time, and you’re super tan! Jealousss. I need to get back to the beach!
sara @ the foodie diaries recently posted..Mondays and MunichMy Profile

28 Sami August 9, 2011 at 4:59 pm

LOVE vacay posts. it reminds me of my family trips!

xo.
Sami recently posted..Thrive In 30 Update!My Profile

29 Sam@SamBockIllustration&Design August 9, 2011 at 7:23 pm

Stumbled upon your blog not too long ago….LOVE that you are a Phil’s Phan! πŸ™‚

I grew up in South Jersey and am back there temporarily until a move to Philly (or preferably CA, haha)….your blog is one of my new faves! Very refreshing and fun. I’m a phan πŸ˜‰
Sam@SamBockIllustration&Design recently posted..Happy birthday to youuu!My Profile

30 Cara @ ChicMeetsHealthy August 10, 2011 at 1:28 pm

love the photos!! i had crabs last night with friends, it definitely isn’t a summer without them! and woohoo to the annual white/khaki pics! we do that too!!
Cara @ ChicMeetsHealthy recently posted..FakersMy Profile