The Day I Ran Next To Justin Timberlake

August 16, 2011 · 79 comments

Remember the day I was happily bouncing along on my treadmill for my scheduled 5 mile run yesterday…

and had JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE saddle on up to the treadmill next to me?

Oh, right, that was yesterday around 5 p.m.

I’m not kidding.

Jamie and I were having a typical gym day. I was kickin’ it on the tread and she was lifting with one of our trainers. And, ya know, in walks Britney’s ex.

And for all of you who need proof of the fact I was breathing the same air as JRT, here’s a picture my coworker Julie snapped of him:

What? You wanna do some reps with me?

I was just cooling down from 5 miles when I noticed some dude walk behind me and get on the treadmill to my right.

And since people watching is one of my favorite things to keep myself occupied at the gym, I glanced over at him.

Followed by what may have been one of the biggest double-takes of my life.

A number of things ran through my head to blurt out:

• “You were my favorite N*SYNCer from day 1. And I’m not just saying that.”
  • “Britney’s an idiot.”
  • “Remember when I saw you at the No Strings Attached concert in Philly in 1999? No?”
  • “Your face was on my bedroom wall for 6 years.” (this one)
  • “We’re breathing the same air right now.”
  • “Remember when you did that movie, Model Behavior? I could probably still quote it.”
  • “Have you seen my rockin’ air guitar?”
  • If I told you I was in the military and wanted you to go to a ball with me, would you do it?
  • (To the tune of SexyBack): “I am a single giiirrrllll.. (YEEUP)”
  • “I’m cuter when I’m not this sweaty.”
  • “Can we just sing together as we run?” (btw, that is totally the song I’d start singing)
  • “I’m running faster than you.”

Why yes, I did run an extra mile just so I could be close to him longer.

You better believe I’ll be Bringin’ Da Noise at the gym today. Come back, Justin. I’m gonna wear my cutest gym outfit.

That’s right. Look all you want, J Timb.

[Do you think he’ll like it when I call him that?]

I’m off to go listen to the N*SYNC Pandora station now. I’ve got a feva… and the only prescription is more Justin Timberlake.

Hi, J. Bye, J. it was really nice working out with you.
(source)

1 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat August 16, 2011 at 2:28 pm

Your tweet about this made it totally worth giving in and signing up for Twitter yesterday!

2 Brittany (A Healthy Slice of Life) August 16, 2011 at 2:32 pm

I’m crying laughing right now between playing the ‘digital get down’ song and reading the things that you should have said… seriously… crying. ‘We’re breathing the same air right now’
Thank you for making my morning!

3 linz August 16, 2011 at 2:33 pm

I’ve never been more jealous in my entire life.

4 cait August 16, 2011 at 2:34 pm

omg i literally laughed so hard reading this A ;) and of course DIED when you tweeted about it yest! eeeeks. thanks for snapping the pic! xo

5 Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers August 16, 2011 at 2:34 pm

NO WAY!!! that is awesome! i love all the thoughts that went through your head. :) talk about workout motivation!

6 Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry August 16, 2011 at 2:35 pm

hahaa, this kills me! I would have died. Actually, I have also breathed the same air as him, he was filming a movie near me a while ago and I totally stalked the set and took a bunch of sneaky pics (of him in a goalie uniform, you can barely tell who it is).

And bahhhh, that face in hole pic is awesome!
So disappointed you didn’t get his number!!!! You silly, silly, sally :)

7 Jamie August 16, 2011 at 2:36 pm

I still can’t believe we saw him. Our looks to each other were PRICELESS. Gym for five hrs today? K cool see ya there!

8 katie August 16, 2011 at 2:37 pm

omg how awesome, I think i would of fell off the treadmill if he was next to me!!!!

love u!!!

9 rebecca lustig August 16, 2011 at 2:37 pm

And you belong to…. what gym?!

Good to see he’s still bringing sexy back.

10 Laura @ Cookies vs. Carrots August 16, 2011 at 2:39 pm

OMG! That is seriously crazy. I would have fallen off the treadmill and died. Died. Seriously.

11 Lauren August 16, 2011 at 2:40 pm

He wasn’t even my favorite NSYNCer but this is still awesome!!! get it, girl!!!

12 theAlmostRunner August 16, 2011 at 2:42 pm

i’m still shocked. freaking unbelievable.

13 Jessie August 16, 2011 at 2:46 pm

Oh, wow! So jealous! I’ve loved JT my whooooolllle life. Definitely had the life size picture right next to my bed until college. He was really good in Friends with Benefits too (I thought!) but then again, he can’t do anything wrong in my opinion :)

14 Carolyn @ Lovin' Losing August 16, 2011 at 2:54 pm

Haha! WTH is he doing in Hampton Roads? Marine Ball? Hanging with Pharell? Who cares! Lucky you!

15 Jess @ Stylish Stealthy and Healthy August 16, 2011 at 2:56 pm

WHAT.

…..
WHAT????
…..
I’m so jealous I don’t know what else to say.

16 Dad August 16, 2011 at 2:58 pm

Good thing he didn’t pick you up – you’d have to warn him you would throw him over in a minute when the OTHER boy band guy showed up at the gym.

17 Diana August 16, 2011 at 2:59 pm

oh my gosh the teeny bopper in me just died…one of my best friends recently moved into a building in soho where apparently jt resides in the penthouse – let’s just say I am spending a lot more time at her casa now.

18 Caree @ Fit-Mama August 16, 2011 at 3:01 pm

that is soo freaking cool!!! I would probably have freaked and accidentally pushed that dang stop button and tripped on my face tho!! ha!!!

19 Tiff @ love sweat and beers August 16, 2011 at 3:03 pm

I love this! I has you on my wall for six years – hahaha… He must get that a lot

20 Ali @ Ali Runs August 16, 2011 at 3:06 pm

Oh my gosh girl, I would not have been able to contain myself!! That is so amazing and I totally would have stayed on the treadmill as long as he did. Wow!

21 Girl in the pink August 16, 2011 at 3:06 pm

I’m having a really jealous moment right now!!!! Omg!!

It’s official, I’m never leaving the house without makeup and a cute outfit- because you just never know?!! Haha

22 Angie August 16, 2011 at 3:11 pm

I would have D.I.E.D! I heart JT!!!!! Great job photo stalking from afar. Yes, you DID workout w/ JT.

23 Tiffany August 16, 2011 at 3:17 pm

LOVE the photoshopped pic of you….ummm…Britney? That is unbeliebale, what are the chances? And how many emails are you getting asking where the gym is located now?!

24 Erin @ The Grass Skirt August 16, 2011 at 3:34 pm

OMG!!!! You’re hilarious and so lucky!!!! I’m pretty sure that I would have fallen off the treadmill! LOL. Do you remember when Justin was on MMC? Well, I talked to him on the phone for like a minute when he was on the show because I won some contest. Seriously. I had NO IDEA that he would end up being so famous someday! I’ll bet he was even gorgeous sweaty, right? :)

25 Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) August 16, 2011 at 3:43 pm

sdfjhsdfhsjkdf AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

26 Kristine @ Running On Hungry August 16, 2011 at 3:52 pm

If there was a LOVE button on this post, I would click it.

I mean if that’s not motivation enough to go to the gym… I don’t know WHAT is!

27 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn August 16, 2011 at 3:53 pm

I can’t get over it. He is FIIIIINE. What gym was it at?! My friend chuck is in va beach and wants to see him ahahaha not kidding

28 Dorsa @ Mixed Tape August 16, 2011 at 4:13 pm

you totally should have pretended to trip so that he would have helped you up and ask you if you were ok.. then obviously the next step would be marriage.

29 Brittany August 16, 2011 at 4:22 pm

sosososo lucky. i love this post, hilarious!

30 Angela @ MyPinkyToes August 16, 2011 at 4:33 pm

This is the coolest thing ever, and I think I’d be thinking all the same things you did!!! I saw your tweet yesterday and just thought it was a joke or an inside joke or just something I didn’t understand…I can’t believe it was real!!! I’d be going back to the gym same time everyday from now on!!! Ha! (And I love Dorsa’s comment…you should’ve totally done that!)

31 Kace August 16, 2011 at 4:38 pm

Even though I was adamantly Team BSB (yet somehow purchased and loved every NSYNC album, ever… shhhh), I am insanely jealous right now.

I fully expect you to wear your cutest outfit to the gym today. No makeup, that’d give you away (unless you usually wear it.) If you see him again you HAVE to talk to him. I have no clue about what, but any of your lead ins up there should do the trick.

32 Brittany @ A Spoonful of Peanut Butter August 16, 2011 at 4:41 pm

I am soooooooooooooooooooooo jealous of you right now it’s not even funny. Where was this at exactly? lol. I think I need to get my butt on a plane and get there ASAP because I love Justin Timberlake!!!

33 Nicole @ Of Cookies and Carrots August 16, 2011 at 4:42 pm

I am so totally jealous!! I had the HUGEST crush on jt in my n’sync days… which probably aren’t fully over ;)

What was he doing in your area, do you know?
n

34 Meg August 16, 2011 at 4:43 pm

I would have shat myself.

Yep.

35 Jamie @ snacktress August 16, 2011 at 4:50 pm

Holy SHIZ! That is incredible.

36 Brandi @ The Vitamin Bee August 16, 2011 at 5:15 pm

So so jealous!! I saw your tweet yesterday and thought you were kidding!!

I’m amazed by your restraint…I would have been the crazy psycho girl who tackled him! :)

37 katie @KatieDid August 16, 2011 at 5:50 pm

I’m in serious disbelief!! This weekend I sat a table over from kenny chesney at lunch and despite not even liking country music a little bit I was completely star struck. I have a tendency to not really believe celebrities are real people, but you’ve now made me a believe of Justin.

38 Megan August 16, 2011 at 6:07 pm

NO WAY! I AM SO JEALOUS :D

39 courtney @ cupcakedynamite August 16, 2011 at 6:47 pm

BAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!! why didn’t he want to take a class with me and j last week!!?! and I love that your dad commented. BAHAHAHA

40 Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) August 16, 2011 at 7:24 pm

Ahh I’m so jealous!!! He is such a hottie! :D

41 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health August 16, 2011 at 7:26 pm

OH. MY. GOD. I think I hyperventilated a bit just reading that :). Have you seen his new movie yet with Mila Kunis? He’s hot…that’s all that needs to be said. I’m so jealous of you right now. But I still love you!

42 Allie @ PickyEatingRD August 16, 2011 at 7:59 pm

Hahhhh your dad commenting is hilar. This story rocks my world!!!

43 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) August 16, 2011 at 8:31 pm

I. Am. So. JEALOUS!!!

44 Brittany @ LessBritt MoreLife August 16, 2011 at 10:11 pm

Ya’ll should get married, and BSB can do some songs at the reception! It would be THE best wedding reception everrrrr :) Just sayin, ya know ;)

45 Erika August 16, 2011 at 10:12 pm

HAHA!! I am so ridiculously giddy for no reason after reading this post. Clearly, not much has changed since 8th grade. You two are totes soul mates :)

46 Katie August 17, 2011 at 3:05 am

I’m so jealous and incredibly proud that you didn’t face plant on the treadmill like I would have!

This post made my day with references to “Model Behavior” (I could probably still quote it too!) and “Digital Get Down”!

47 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries August 17, 2011 at 11:21 am

This is fabulous! I’m so glad you (slash your co-worker) snapped a pic of him! I’m tellin’ ya – Brittney’s an idiot and he and Jessica are donezo. Give him the digits. What’s the WORST that could happen?! :)

48 Hollie @lolzthatswim(andrun) August 17, 2011 at 11:25 am

BAHHA. You are hilarious and I love you. I wish he would come over to Chesapeake. I wonder what he is doing down here. Filming a movie perhaps? Um true life-I just tried to do the I’m in a single girrrl to sexyback.

49 Sami August 17, 2011 at 1:35 pm

holy crap. i’m so jealous of you right now. i wasn’t even a huge jt fan until i saw “bad teacher” he plays the hot nerd really well ;)

xo.
Sami recently posted..Coach’s OatsMy Profile

50 Jessica @ Dishin' About Nutrition August 17, 2011 at 2:10 pm

What?!!? That makes me want to go run on a treadmill on the off chance something similar could happen to me!! Haha, do what ya gotta do to keep that motivation, right?
Jessica @ Dishin’ About Nutrition recently posted..Chicago Restaurant Review 3My Profile

51 Sam August 17, 2011 at 5:11 pm

OMG I am sooo jealous! That is freaking awesome.
Sam recently posted..#3 Dinner Party DownloadMy Profile

52 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey August 18, 2011 at 12:47 am

This is the best post I ever read. I loved reading what you would have said to JT.
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..the case of the “should’s”My Profile

53 Lizzie August 18, 2011 at 1:43 am

OMG you are so lucky!!
I’ve always wanted to see JT, he’s such a hunkkk. :)
Lizzie recently posted..Carries Package + EATSMy Profile

54 Heather @ girlyeverafter August 18, 2011 at 3:13 pm

OMG I would have totally passed out and that would have been my excuse for him to give me mouth to mouth. haha

55 sara @ the foodie diaries August 18, 2011 at 3:39 pm

I don’t understand. HOW ARE YOU SO LUCKY!!?? OMG OMG OMG this motivates me to want to go to the gym more, who knows when I’ll run into an A-list CELEBRITY!!!

Please tell me you said SOMETHING to him?? :)
sara @ the foodie diaries recently posted..The Question Is… Where To Next?My Profile

56 Ash August 22, 2011 at 12:07 am

OMG that’s unbelievable! I’ve never seen a celebrity when just going about my day, lol.

I can’t believe you didn’t SAY anything though lol. Not even a hi?

57 Allison @ Happy Tales September 7, 2011 at 7:00 pm

SHUT THE FLIPPIN FRONT DOOR!!!!!!!!!!!!! This does not just happen to normal people. You are a ROCKSTAR! Why? Because only rockstars attract other rock(er, pop)stars. It’s like… one of Newton’s Laws. Or something. (Trust me on this. Not only was I Earth Science Student of the yr, but I was also PHYISCS student of the yr jr yr of hs. I know my laws.)
Allison @ Happy Tales recently posted..What I’m Falling ForMy Profile

58 Sarah December 28, 2011 at 8:02 pm

I would have died on the spot, my love for JT knows no bounds, ever since he was on the Mickey Mouse Club….
Sarah recently posted..Christmas RecapMy Profile