DO Throw A Killa Bachelorette Partay

July 25, 2011 · 28 comments

There’s some suurious party planning that goes into a Bachelorette Party. You need some sweet deco, some cutesy invites, and all the food/drinks the bride loves.

So, now that I’m a seasoned pro in throwing Bachelorette parties, I figured I’d share some of my expertise.

Bachelorette Partay Plannah

1. DO exactly as the bride says. Don’t deviate from her wishes. You don’t want that bridezilla. Oh no you don’t.

Lisa-Marie wanted a classy little lingerie shower. I decided on a chocolate theme, and I made some invitations up. Which leads me to my next tip…

2. DON’T make invitations at 2 a.m. and neglect to include date and time.

The best party hosts leaves the invitees guessing!

3. DO get some awesome decor way ahead of time. I knew my life would be crazy leading up to the party, so I bought decorations beforehand from The House of Bachelorette. I highly recommend using them – I got everything in one place and my delivery came super fast.

I did a poor job of capturing the decor.
But you can see a banner, lanterns, streamers, tablecloths, etc.

4. DO go all banana sandwich on fun food ideas.

cuppycakes with hearts, sprinkles, glitter gel, and pearls.

…with a [SURPRISE!] oreo baked inside!

I finally tried Jenn‘s baked cookie dough wontons!

no-brainer.

5. DON’T forget your weenie straws when you go out on the town.

Don’t think I didn’t keep that weenie all night.

6. Do practice your tying skills if you’re going to tying the bride’s bustle on her big day. :)

7. DO keep the bride laughing at all times.

duh.

8. DON’T forget to take pretty bridal party pictures.

9. DO prepare to give lots of hugs when it “all starts to get real.”

(DON’T ever let her put her weiner straw down, either.)

10. DO getchaself limo. I swear to you, it’s so worth it.

11. DO sign yourself up to scream into the microphone for Journey’s Don’t Stop Believin’ right upon arrival at the bar.

12. DON’T lose the enthusiasm.

13. And since you’re at the beach, DO run from the bar into the ocean and take jumping pictures.

But that’s the most obvious no-brainer of them all, isn’t it?

It’s between that and the weenie straws.

1 Jill is Active July 25, 2011 at 5:46 pm

Haha LOVE this – it sounds and looks like you all had an amazing time! Great job with the party planning – I’m sure the bride loved every second of it :)
Jill is Active recently posted..What a Weekend!My Profile

2 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries July 25, 2011 at 5:58 pm

YAYYY!!! You did an awesome job!! I mean, how can you go wrong with chocolate and weenie straws?

The answer: You cannot.
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Circuits and Cowboy CaviarMy Profile

3 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss July 26, 2011 at 1:27 am

you’re so wise. like a miniature buddha covered in hair.

4 theAlmostRunner July 25, 2011 at 6:00 pm

you are funny and fun.

also, your blog posts don’t show up in my google reader until, like, hours after you post them. i saw this on facebook and clickied over.
theAlmostRunner recently posted.."Your Text Here."My Profile

5 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss July 26, 2011 at 1:21 am

what gives, Goog reader? it hates me.

6 Emily July 25, 2011 at 6:35 pm

Soooooooooo can I hire you to throw my bachelorette party? You know, once I’m engaged…and actually have a BF….and like talking to boys.

7 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss July 26, 2011 at 1:21 am

done.

8 Kristen @ notsodomesticated July 25, 2011 at 6:49 pm

Soo cute! And “Don’t Stop Believin’” is the best song to belt at the top of your lungs… ever. End of story.

Glad you had a great time!!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Sweet Success.My Profile

9 Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry July 25, 2011 at 7:23 pm

Looks like an awesome bachelorette party! Weenie straws are a MUST! For my friend’s bachelorette party, someone brought a weenie GUN. You squeezed the, uh, appendages…and the tip flew off. Seeing people’s reaction to this almost made me pee my pants.

Your eats look ridic also!
Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry recently posted..Goodbye Eric!My Profile

10 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss July 26, 2011 at 1:21 am

oh. my. gosh. I’m so mad I didn’t get a weenie gun.

11 Liz @ Something To Chew On July 25, 2011 at 7:29 pm

This looks like SO MUCH FUN! It looks like you did a fantastic job…and I loooove the lingerie/chocolate theme!
Liz @ Something To Chew On recently posted..Weekend WrapMy Profile

12 Whit July 25, 2011 at 7:39 pm

Sooooo happy it went so well!!! Looks like a ton of fun – what a great friend you are! =)

13 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss July 26, 2011 at 1:20 am

you make my life when you comment, whit.

14 Lisa @ I'm an Okie July 25, 2011 at 8:04 pm

we had penis straws at the last bachelorette party we went to! They are a must.
Lisa @ I’m an Okie recently posted..Morning WalksMy Profile

15 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health July 25, 2011 at 8:53 pm

Looks like you did a fabulous job!!! Wanna plan mine whenever I get married?? ;) Penis straws, or penis anythings are a must!
Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..I Need New ShoesMy Profile

16 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss July 26, 2011 at 1:20 am

yes! I want to do this for a living. weenie straws every weekend.

17 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn July 25, 2011 at 9:13 pm

Hahahahah loveee dem weiner straws slash HOW COULD WE FORGET THAT slash I shouldn’t be asking that, clearly we both had a few drinks in us.
Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn recently posted..How to show the world that the sun shines out of your ass.My Profile

18 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss July 26, 2011 at 1:20 am

HAHA we are idiots.

19 Ali @ Ali Runs July 25, 2011 at 9:15 pm

This looks like such a great party!! You did an awesome job! :)

20 Melissa @ Live, Love, & Run July 26, 2011 at 3:57 am

My two best friends are STILL single at 30, and they better know I’m totally throwing them an amazing bachelorette party. ;) These are awesome, Alyssa! It looks like it was an fantastic night!!!

21 Amy July 26, 2011 at 6:00 am

This looks like so much fun!! My best friend got married last October and it was so fun making her wear penis necklaces, bracelets and drink from penis shot glasses and straws, all while at a big night club in vegas.
Amy recently posted..Fancy Smancy DinnerMy Profile

22 Brittany @ A Spoonful of Peanut Butter July 26, 2011 at 3:07 pm

That looked like a blast! haha. Looks like you did a great job!!
Brittany @ A Spoonful of Peanut Butter recently posted..I (almost) fell asleep on a stability ballMy Profile

23 Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons July 26, 2011 at 4:48 pm

ahhhhh ok so I totally read this off my phone last night (commenting is crazy hard from my droid. yowzah!) and was so so so super insecure that you didn’t like them b/c you didn’t say what you thought in the post! ahhh I’m such a middle school girl sometimes! So they were a hit? did they get crunchy for you? did you use the rack technique– bahhhhh tell me more! I think you’re the first person other than me to make em! <3

love you so flipping much
Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons recently posted..Faux Lasagna & Spaghetti JoesMy Profile

24 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss July 27, 2011 at 1:05 pm

YES, you’re a genius, YES they were a hit, YES I used the rack technique and they got crispy YES mine were ugly because I didn’t buy powdered sugar, but YES, I loved them. :) you’re the bomb.com

25 Rach July 28, 2011 at 7:41 pm

Love this!! Makes me smile! We just had a bach party for one of my girlfriends who’s getting married next week and it was a brilliant time! I just love all the fun with the girls. :) And can I just say one more time (for the 100th I’m sure), that you are gorgeous! I am SO jealous of your tan right now. This whole working-all-day-never-being-outside-in-the-summer thing is sooo not working for me, haha! I miss my glowing tan from last summer (ah, to be a nanny again, haha!). Aaanyway, you ladies look like you had a GREAT time! :)
Rach recently posted..The Best of FriendsMy Profile

26 Sarah Levine March 9, 2013 at 12:40 pm

You did an awesome job! Wanna plan mine whenever I get married??
Sarah Levine recently posted..Heather PenkoMy Profile