Things Are a-Happenin’ Thursday

July 7, 2011 · 27 comments

Check out who showed up on my doorstep yesterday.

WHAT UP, KATELYN?

She’s in town visiting her grams and playing with me until Friday. I’m learning all kindsa things about vegan eats while she’s here. I even watched her make the coveted cookie dough bowl last night.

And we hit up one of my favorite local restaurants, Mahi Mah’s (which Katelyn actually picked out from OpenTable) for a fantastic combo of mixed fruit salad and blackened tuna.

I’m renaming this dish. It’s now called pillowy clouds of fruity fishy heaven.

Mmm.. maybe that’s why I don’t own a restaurant.

Tonight, Jamie and I are dragging her to an intense class offered at my gym called Tabata TNT. And then I’m dragging her on a run afterwards. Dear Katelyn, are you regretting coming to visit a marathon trainee?

I also became host of the year when I posted on Skinny Dip Frozen Yogurt‘s Facebook wall and asked them to have a vegan flavor available for tonight.

Just spreading the vegan love. Too bad I like cheese, eggs, and turkey way too much to do it myself.

Spreading The Breast Cancer Awareness

AND guess whose sister made the front page of the newspaper?

MINE DID!

She’s spreading the word about breast cancer awareness. 35 is the new 40. Since she was diagnosed as a 36-year-old, 40 would have been so late for her to catch her cancer. How she ended up getting her mammogram that may have saved her life is a pretty incredible story – click here for the full article.

Video Call via Facebook

And who saw the newly-launched Facebook “video calling” feature? There’s a promo video available, too. Think Facebook meets Skype. Now, who wants to video call me and help me pick out my outfits every day?

Wish baby dinosaur arms and me some luck at our fitness class.

Boop!

1 Nicole @ Of Cookies and Carrots July 7, 2011 at 3:44 pm

You two are freaking adorable/gorgeous πŸ™‚ And that ice cream sounds so delicious I’m dying of jealousy.

Have funnnn!!!
n

2 Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) July 7, 2011 at 3:52 pm

SO JEALOUSO JEALOUS!!! looks like so much fun– wish i were there too (maybs u guys dont) BUT I SURE DO! πŸ˜€

3 lindsay July 7, 2011 at 3:54 pm

now thats some major fun! two of my favorite blondes blends.
L
πŸ˜‰

4 Cassie July 7, 2011 at 3:59 pm

I love how you can request vegan ice cream and blammmm it’s there! You guys look so pretty and I want that fruity thing on your plate!

5 Brittany @ LessBritt MoreLife July 7, 2011 at 4:14 pm

Awesome! Ya’ll are gonna have fun πŸ™‚

6 Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) July 7, 2011 at 4:19 pm

You two are just way too cute, so glad you had a fun time together!

7 Hollie@lolzthatswim July 7, 2011 at 5:00 pm

HA. You and Katelyn look like you are having so much fun. I freaking love Skinny Dip. I may or mynot have a shirt that says I skinnydipped with your boyfriend…you know. I hope all the classes were fun and lets facebook skype and chose real girl outfits often. perfect.

8 Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry July 7, 2011 at 5:34 pm

Aw, fun times. Your tuna and fruit salad look ridic!
Hooray for your sister!

I friggin’ love cheese.

9 Brandi @ The Vitamin Bee July 7, 2011 at 5:48 pm

I live right around the corner from the Red Mill Skinny Dip! I’m gonna need some of this soy cake batter flavor!

10 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn July 7, 2011 at 5:53 pm

Hahaha WOOO baby dinosaur arms! I bring all the boys to the yard, clearly.

11 Amy @ CountryStrong21 July 7, 2011 at 5:59 pm

Maybe I need to come visit you so you can whip my butt into shape haha!

Looks like you two are having tons of fun! Enjoy!

12 Tiffany July 7, 2011 at 8:03 pm

Hahaha hahaha love it! y’all are so cute silly and funny! Y’all make blogger meet up seem fun though I’ve never done it

13 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy July 7, 2011 at 8:12 pm

Have fun at your class/during your run! I think I would think twice about visiting a marathon trainee if they were going to make me run long distances with them :).

14 Kristen @ notsodomesticated July 7, 2011 at 11:49 pm

That tuna looks amazing! And if I was Katelyn, I’d tell you to go have fun with your workouts and I’d see you later for some frozen yogurt!! πŸ˜‰

15 Rach July 8, 2011 at 12:52 am

You two are so cute! She looks hilarious – glad you guys are having a great time together!

Love that your sister is spreading the word about 35-as-the-new-40! I’ve actually told several of my friends who are in their 30’s about your sis’s story! So I appreciate you sharing it here so I could pass it on.

Also, totally amazing that you asked for the vegan ice cream! I should try that with sugar free flavors. Most froyo places just have vanilla available or maybe strawberry if I’m lucky. But they claim to have other sf flavors in rotation… I just never catch them when they’re out I guess. So maybe I’ll beg very nicely and see what happens. πŸ˜‰

16 Amanda @ the beauty notebooks July 8, 2011 at 1:48 am

Glad you and Katelyn had fun! Happy (almost) Friday!

17 Melissa @ Live, Love, & Run July 8, 2011 at 1:42 pm

Okay, ladies like you two make ladies like me want to go blonde! Gorgeous!

Hope your class and run went well!!! I need more friends like you…ones that’ll want to exercise while I visit.

18 Holly July 8, 2011 at 2:07 pm

OMG- Yes, you get my vote for host of the year! That’s awesome that you got vegan frozen yogurt for Katelyn! I actually didn’t even know you COULD get that…now I’m curious to find out if my local frozen yogurt place can…mmmmm…you’ve got me thinking πŸ™‚