The Strapless Dress Arm Workout

July 12, 2011 · 38 comments

Lisa-Marie’s wedding is coming up reeal fast. In two weekends I’ll be hosting the Bachelorette party, and in three weekends, she and Seth will be married… aaah!

Anyway, as my bridal party dress strapless, I’ll be working my little arms in turbo speed to get them crack-a-lackin’ for the wedding day.

I have this problem when it comes to lifting. From my high school and college field hockey days, I don’t feel like I’m doing anything worthwhile if I don’t feel like the Hulk when I’m lifting. And big weights equals big arms.

Woah there, killer.

So, I’ve made myself a handy little “Strapless Dress Workout.” And I’m limiting myself to the 5 pounders.

Better than the lift-a-baby workout.

Look for me. I’ll be that girl in the corner scowling because I’m lifting like a pansy.

I just wanna lift with the big dogs.

…But hey, my arms will look good for all the dance flo’ activities, right? 😉

Cause we all know how I like to get down on the dance floor.

The Strapless Dress Arm Workout

Theme: high reps, low weights

60 second plank
15 one-armed rows
15 chest press
15 seated shoulder press
15 flys (laying on back)
15 reverse flys laying on exercise ball
15 lateral raises
15 chest press (laying on back on ball)
15 tricep dips on bench
15 alternating bicep curls
15 lying row and rotation on exercise ball
15 chest press (laying on back on ball)
15 reverse flys sitting on exercise ball
15 laying tricep extensions
60 second plank

EDIT: CLICK HERE for a Strapless Dress Arm Workout Graphic for easy printing or pinning!

See ya on the dance floor with my one-finger-point in the air. Hopefully, my arms’ll be rockin’.

1 theAlmostRunner July 12, 2011 at 2:57 pm

Alright. I’m gonna need you to explain these workouts to me. Preferably in photo form. I’m not good with words.

2 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat July 12, 2011 at 3:13 pm

Those are ALL exercises I’m doing to look good in my wedding dress in 53 days! 🙂 Haven’t tried some of them on the ball yet though!

3 Liz @ Something To Chew On July 12, 2011 at 3:24 pm

Yes!! I’ve been looking for an arm workout like this! I have too many cute sleeveless summer shirts. Thaaaanks for the tips ma’am!

4 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life July 12, 2011 at 3:28 pm

I’m totally using this workout. My arms are in need of some toning to wear my awesome sun dresses.

5 alyssa - fashion fitness foodie July 12, 2011 at 3:33 pm

I would like a video of you doing this please and thank you

6 Kat July 12, 2011 at 3:51 pm

One, your a hottie. (hope you dont find that creepy, I tend to speak my mind. It gets me in trouble sometimes) Two, your arms are gunna be SMOKIN!! I’m working on mine as well since I have a wedding to attend in 2 weeks!! Gotta make sure I outshine the men 😉

7 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn July 12, 2011 at 4:12 pm

Good thing I keep 5-pounders on my desk (the gorgeous green ones..yeeeuhhhh).
Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn recently posted..Sharing is Caring 😉My Profile

8 Annie July 12, 2011 at 4:33 pm

Any way you could post a description of the different workouts?? I’m trying to get into some light weight training but I have no idea what presses, dips etc are… 🙁

thanks! Love your blog!

9 anna k July 12, 2011 at 4:38 pm

LOVE this! Just printed to take to the gym tonight.

10 girl in the pink July 12, 2011 at 7:10 pm

I’m doing this at the gym today! My arms are totally my problem area so I’m always on the lookout for good workouts! Thanks for sharing! 🙂

11 Rachel July 12, 2011 at 7:52 pm

Thanks for this workout-Im attending a wedding at the end of this month in a halterneck maxi dress-so need my guns poppin! I found videos on the moves on you tube very easily. your a star!!

12 Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons July 12, 2011 at 7:54 pm

ok come over… about 3-5 times a week… so we can do this workout! serioulsy! =) Its perfection but I know I wont do it by myself b/c i’m a baby. haha
Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons recently posted..Taste Test: Vegan BLTMy Profile

13 Nikki July 12, 2011 at 10:40 pm

NEED TO DO SOME OF THIS STAT! Thanks for posting!

14 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health July 13, 2011 at 1:02 am

I love this workout! I needed some new ideas for my arms…they are getting bored with what I usually do- perhaps that’s why their muscle tone is decreasing haha. You look gorgeous in your pics, even with the awesome faces :).
Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Whole Wheat Strawberry-Orange MuffinsMy Profile

15 Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry July 13, 2011 at 1:30 am

haha. lifting baby arm workouts are awesome.

I vote YES to VIDEO!
Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry recently posted..Camping is the JAMMy Profile

16 Katie July 13, 2011 at 2:30 am

Get them guns girl! Love the exercises!

Xoxo

17 Hollie @lolzthatswim(andrun) July 13, 2011 at 11:20 am

So if I do this workout everyday, I can look just like you? That would most certainly be winning in my books.
Hollie @lolzthatswim(andrun) recently posted..Oh.Muh.Gawd. You’re Naked!My Profile

18 Vanessa @ Sweaty in Pink July 13, 2011 at 4:46 pm

This looks like a great workout! How many times per week will you be doing it?
Vanessa @ Sweaty in Pink recently posted..Sleepy TuesdayMy Profile

19 Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) July 13, 2011 at 6:35 pm

I LOVE IT! now i jut need the ‘boobs workout’ so my strapless dress doesnt just SLIDE RIGHT OFF #fml
Carrie (Moves ‘N Munchies) recently posted..Healthy Living TipsMy Profile

20 Laura @ Cookies vs. Carrots July 13, 2011 at 11:26 pm

I’ve been looking fro some good upper body workouts! Thanks for sharing!
Laura @ Cookies vs. Carrots recently posted..Nice and SmoothMy Profile

21 Emily @ Perfection Isn't Happy July 14, 2011 at 2:50 pm

I’m in two weddings in the fall, and I’m wearing a strapless dress for both. I will definitely be making use of this workout!
Emily @ Perfection Isn’t Happy recently posted..Exercise On DemandMy Profile

22 Erin April 25, 2012 at 2:34 am

How often do you do this and do you do this sequence more than once during one workout?

23 Kate May 1, 2012 at 5:40 pm

non-arms related, WHERE DID YOU GET THAT DRESS?! it’s so cute and i can’t believe no one else has asked!!