Pressed for Time

July 20, 2011 · 29 comments

I’m having trouble fitting it all in.

With work, my marathon training schedule, my Bachelorette Party planning (I host Lisa-Marie‘s this Saturday!)…

Oh, and this girl, too…

I’m feeling a little pressed for time. Why can’t there be more hours in the day?

Yesterday, my running schedule called for 9 miles. Since it was stupid hot outside, I defaulted to Mr. Treadmill… as usual.

Ever had one of those days when you’re just not feelin’ a run? Yesterday was that day. I loaded up on a few of these babies on my way to the gym in hopes my energy would spike and I’d enter the gym sprightly and ready to take on the world.

Jelly beans? Goood. Energy gu inside them? Gooood. Did they put me in the mood to run? Not so much.

If you were to enter my gym around 4:15 yesterday, this is the face that would have greeted you from the second treadmill from the left (a.k.a. the one closest to the fan).

don’t make me run anymooo.

It’s safe to say yesterdays run was a reeeaaal slow one.

Thank goodness THIS GIRL showed up to turn that frown upside down and distract me on the treadmill beside me for about 4 miles.

I get by with a little help from my nimble sweaty friends.

After Jamie left, I got so caught up in my gifted Runners World magazine, I hadn’t even realized I went over my 9 mile mark. Thank the lordy for nice distractions.

The photo quality just shows you how I was feeling upon finishing.

It’s also a miracle I was able to do all 9.2 without accidentally bopping that darned emergency stop button. The sneaky jerk gets me every time.

Know what else takes up a stupid amount of my time?

Finding more sneaky jerks like these around my house and
figuring out stealthy ways to kill them.

…I should rephrase that to prevent some pretty strange search terms from navigating to my blog.

Also taking up a lot of my time: Teaching Chloe that shredding towels is not an appropriate playtime activity.

Maybe that picture being made public will teach her a lesson.

And with that, I’m off to do more Bachelorette Party planning. The theme is chocolate, so if you have any awesome entertaining recipes featuring chocolate, link a girl up! ;)

1 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries July 20, 2011 at 2:50 pm

It never ceases to amaze me that on a day you’re “just not feelin’ a run” you crank out 9.2 miles. Have I ever told you that I think you’re a machine?
A pretty machine. But a machine nontheless ;)

You’re fab – and totally one of the reasons I hit the treadmill this morning. xoxo
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..I Get By With A Little Help From My [Blends]My Profile

2 Lisa @ I'm an Okie July 20, 2011 at 4:09 pm

agree with this girl. if im not feeling it, i have a hard time getting over 3 miles. rock on!
Lisa @ I’m an Okie recently posted..Toes in the WaterMy Profile

3 Kristen @ notsodomesticated July 20, 2011 at 6:12 pm

I have to “ditto” these ladies! I was having a rough running day today, and I couldn’t get past 3 miles. So major props to you!!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Pressing the Reset Button.My Profile

4 Brandi @ The Vitamin Bee July 20, 2011 at 2:53 pm

My run yesterday was like that too. I could not do it! And I was outside…blech.
Chloe has gotten so big!! :)
And wtf kinda bug is that! It’s scaring meeee!
Brandi @ The Vitamin Bee recently posted..Go Go Go Go Go ShawtyMy Profile

5 Jamie July 20, 2011 at 2:53 pm

GAH chloe is so big i can’t believe i haven’t seen her in so long! So glad we got to catch up FINALLLLLLLLY. I’ll prob be there a little late today- possibly 5ish so hopefully I’ll still get to see you! You’re a trooper for holding out for those 9 miles..I am kind of bummed I didn’t get a jelly bean though.
Jamie recently posted..frozen summer treatsMy Profile

6 Girl in the pink July 20, 2011 at 2:58 pm

There is a chocolate Swiss roll cake on smitten kitchen that is too die for! It was such a hit when I made it!

7 Sam July 20, 2011 at 3:25 pm

Haha aw I just love the photos you post with chloe and her speach bubbles! too cute! I ran on my first treadmill ever yesterday and I seriously wonder how you read while on it! Maybe you get the hang of it…but geeez if i even looked to the side i almost flew off the thing! Whoops :P
Sam recently posted..Facing [silly] FearsMy Profile

8 Kace July 20, 2011 at 4:11 pm

Cakeballs – chocolate cakeballs with chocolate frosting and then dipped in melted candy. super easy and SOOOOO good.

You can make them look all sparkly if you buy pearlized sugar to match your candy coating color. It looks like glitter, and we all know how you love glitter :)
Kace recently posted..One Dish WonderMy Profile

9 Nikki July 20, 2011 at 4:32 pm

Props on the 9 mile run! When I was away for a rotation for 6 weeks I had to do all of my runs (9, 10, and 11 miles) on the mill…twice a week. It was torture!!! But good job! Sometimes we’re just not in the mood to run!
Nikki recently posted..Putting You FirstMy Profile

10 Liz @ Something To Chew On July 20, 2011 at 4:41 pm

Good for you! You “don’t feel like a run” and then bust one like that out? You rock my world bud!

I’ve never tried the jelly beans. Are you a fan of them usually?
Liz @ Something To Chew On recently posted..Food Show JunkieMy Profile

11 Nicole July 20, 2011 at 4:50 pm

Thank you! I always bounce into the emergency stop button and it drives me nuts!!

12 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss July 20, 2011 at 5:50 pm

I’m pretty positive all gym-goers assume I have Tourette syndrome when it happens. I get so angry.

13 Hollie @lolzthatswim(andrun) July 20, 2011 at 4:51 pm

Wow good luck planning. Seriously if anyone was going to plan a bomb.com bachlorette party…it would be you!
Hollie @lolzthatswim(andrun) recently posted..Swimming and BroskiMy Profile

14 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss July 21, 2011 at 2:38 am

thanks baybay! all plans are in motion!

15 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat July 20, 2011 at 5:37 pm

Chloe is so cute! I second the idea for chocolate/chocolate covered cake pops!
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..WIAW – Cold Foods EditionMy Profile

16 Lisa July 20, 2011 at 5:38 pm

I could use some extra time in the day too (and extra energy along with it)!
Maybe it’s the bugs soaking up time and energy…I don’t know, but the nasty bugs in my house are totally not acceptable!

Love the chocolate theme…I am a big fan of most things chocolate and lately have been doing lots of chocolate avocado pudding and frosting. I like to sneak it into parties and not tell people they’re eating so healthy—they can’t tell the difference!

17 Holly July 20, 2011 at 8:42 pm

Girl, you are a freakin’ ROCK star!!! Not feelin’ it & you did 9.2 miles?!?!?! DANG! I’m impressed…but I’m always impressed with your skills :D
Love the picture of the face we would see if we entered the gym..it was cracking me up!!
Holly recently posted..Spoke Too Soon?My Profile

18 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss July 21, 2011 at 2:38 am

haaha. I make that face on a daily basis. ;)

19 Vanessa @ Sweaty in Pink July 20, 2011 at 10:30 pm

Magazines are the BEST distractions… seriously!!
Vanessa @ Sweaty in Pink recently posted..Impatiently Waiting For Five GuysMy Profile

20 Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry July 21, 2011 at 1:22 am

I agree with Lisa and Colleen, you are a MACHINE! 9 miles, you craycray fool! That is awesome.

Um, what in the name of pizza kind of bug is that? That is super creepy.
Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry recently posted..Waterpark WIAWMy Profile

21 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss July 21, 2011 at 2:37 am

I KNOW. what IS that?

22 Melissa Simson July 21, 2011 at 1:31 am

Hi! So i’ve been a lurker but im finally saying hi ( HI!). Love ur blog.

So im planning my sister’s bachlorette right now too and have been talking to people to get ideas. My coworker told me that the best bachlorette she ever went to was one where the themes were chocolate and doin the dirty ( not sure how what your friend is like so this might not be appropriate at all. i know it wouldn’t fly for my sis, but you never know with people so im just going to lay it out there!) so the desserts themes all revolved around body parts. for one of the desserts they had chocolate covered bananas, covered in whipped cream and two strawberries….. you can guess what look they were goin for. she showed me a pic and to tell u the truth they sound TASTY and just makes me giggle. So even if this is an awful idea and u shun me bc of this comment, hopefully the mental image made u laugh a little!

23 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss July 21, 2011 at 2:37 am

I LOVE IT when lurkers come out of the woodwork! and that idea absolutely cracks me up. I’d be all for it for my bach party, but I’m not sure the attendees would all be fans. ;) THANK YOU for the idea, though! you’re the best!

24 Katie July 21, 2011 at 2:42 am

U are a rockstar to run like thAt far on the treadmill! I would die after 1 mile! Emergency button would be pushed, haha!

25 anna krystine July 21, 2011 at 3:22 am

even when you are feeling slow you are speedy!!
anna krystine recently posted..Win.My Profile

26 Claire @ let's go on a living spree July 21, 2011 at 3:06 pm

Just ran across your blog and I love it! I live in Charlottesville so I’m a fellow Virginian :-) Good luck on your marathon. I just ran the Shamrock Marathon in March in VA Beach and it was fun. I try to do on e every fall and spring (doing the Vegas Marathon in December). Can’t wait to read more!

27 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss July 21, 2011 at 3:25 pm

ah, I wonder if we saw each other at the Shamrock! yay for fellow Virginians. :)

28 com July 24, 2011 at 4:22 pm

Great post. Contains new tips.