Brain on Shuffle

July 21, 2011 · 25 comments

Instead of calling today’s post “random,” I’ll put in this way – these days, with trying to fit it all in, my brain is on shuffle.

1. Look! To the left of the page! I finally have a button for the Life of bLyss Facebook page! Go slap that “like” button with a mouse click. I know you want to.

I mean… the Bride-to-Be wants to.

2. Speaking of the Bride-to-Be, I am officially stocked for the Bachelorette Party. Who’s psyched?

I’m pretty excited to attack these ingredients.

3. I was an efficient wildwoman yesterday. Between a gym visit, party-prep, errands, and laundry, I was attacking my to-do list. Feels so good!

Speaking of laundry.. look what I found in the dryer.

Can you see it?

Yeah, that’s a little size sticker. In my dryer. Which means I had to have worn something with the sticker still on. If you saw me and noticed this, thanks a lot.

4. My cousin needs to start a food blog. Or just send me pretty pictures with her nice DSLR camera and let me tell everybody her creations are mine.

A green and orange flip-flop pancake. Really, Kristie? You’re awesome.

5. TODAY, I hit a training milestone – I will run the farthest I have ever run at one time. From here on out, that will happen every week (and will be documented on my training log), but just thinking about my first 14-miler today makes my heart race. I’m ready.

Kinda weird how I get so amped for a half marathon, and today is “just another run” at a farther distance.

And special thanks to Robby for agreeing to run with me. Everybody knows I’d probably go crazy not having anyone to jabber to for an entire 14 miles.

Running buddies fo lyfe.

If I can’t have my running twin, I’ll settle for her boyfriend. ;)

6. If I can find the time, I’m considering getting certified to be a personal trainer in October. I’m a little angry with myself that I didn’t think of this before, but earning money for my love for fitness would be a pretty sweet deal. I think I’d love it.

And, hey… maybe that will mean I can bring BodyPump to VA Beach. ;)

…would you take a fitness class with me as your instructor?

7. I need to buy a coffee maker for my house. Most of you will probably gasp that I don’t already have one, but I’ve been putting it off because I’m already bad at hydrating myself, I don’t want to become dependent on coffee, and I still haven’t decided what kind I want. Is the Keurig worth it for how expensive the little K-cups are? Do I just want to get a baby one-cup brewer? Should I get a big dog coffeemaker? Suggestions would be appreciated. :)

I’m ending this on #7 cause it’s my favorite number. It was my field hockey number in college, too. Bam.

OH, wait… Have you seen my guest post on Meg’s blog today? :) Go visit Sunshine ‘n Spice for some tips to keeping your faraway friends visiting you. :)

1 Vanessa @ Sweaty in Pink July 21, 2011 at 3:36 pm

Cute post! My brain in on shuffle pretty much everyday, so I totally understand this!
Vanessa @ Sweaty in Pink recently posted..Impatiently Waiting For Five GuysMy Profile

2 Niki (Life's a Payne) July 21, 2011 at 3:51 pm

You are too funny! Made my day right there!

I have a Keurig and LOVE IT! Plus a lot of them come with K-cup shaped filters so you can buy cans of coffee and use that in the filter instead of only K-cups to save a few dolla billz (although I do love the K-cups)!
Niki (Life’s a Payne) recently posted..Amy’s Guest Post : Summer Roadtrip UpdateMy Profile

3 Brandi @ The Vitamin Bee July 21, 2011 at 4:04 pm

Virginia Beach has Body Pump! They have it at One Life Fitness on Princess Anne.

I completely understand what you mean about your brain being on shuffle. I’ve been a hot mess lately!
Brandi @ The Vitamin Bee recently posted..Workday BirthdayMy Profile

4 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss July 21, 2011 at 9:50 pm

gah, too bad I don’t belong to One Life :(

5 Nikki July 21, 2011 at 4:09 pm

Keurig is the way to go. They have reusable filter like things so you don’t always have to buy the k-cups and can still drink the different kinds of coffee you love. Totally worth it.

Good luck on the 14 miler! Stay hydrated!!
Nikki recently posted..GETTING.IT.TOGETHER.My Profile

6 Nicole @ Of Cookies and Carrots July 21, 2011 at 4:30 pm

Umm brain on shuffle = MY LIFE. Also in th emusical sense, because my brain literally is always playing some kind of trashy pop song. My friends say I’m a really bad ipod shuffle ;) currently playing: TGIF. even though it’s thursday. sigh.

you are too cute :)
n
Nicole @ Of Cookies and Carrots recently posted..the boy who lived [universal studios]My Profile

7 Kat July 21, 2011 at 4:36 pm

You want to know the trick with keurigs? You can get a filter for it so that you can add your own coffee grounds instead of one of their k-kups. It then turns into a one cup brewing machine, with ANY kind of blend you want!! I use k-kups and the filter for my own blend. I only use the k-kups when I find them on sale, or my hubby buys them for me ;) I really think its worth it though, because some of the flavors they have are AMAZING!! Dark chocolate donut coffee? To die for!
Kat recently posted..Letting Go Of What Holds You BackMy Profile

8 Liz @ Something To Chew On July 21, 2011 at 4:36 pm

I have a Keurig…and love it so much I could run away with it. I highly recommend! I use it everyday.

Yaaaay for the running milestone! You rock girl!
Liz @ Something To Chew On recently posted..ChildishMy Profile

9 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health July 21, 2011 at 5:05 pm

I seriously love you. Your guest post was awesome! So is this one…duh :) . If you were a personal trainer or fitness instructor, I would hire you and take your classes in a heart beat! Good luck with your 14 miler! That’s awesome…I don’t think I could ever run that far haha.
Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Interval Workout and a Salmon RecipeMy Profile

10 caitlin July 21, 2011 at 5:17 pm

My brain is always on shuffle! I hear ya! Come move to Minneapolis and Ill get certified in personal training with you!
caitlin recently posted..So trueMy Profile

11 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss July 21, 2011 at 9:49 pm

oooh, deal!

12 Carolyn @ Lovin' Losing July 21, 2011 at 6:07 pm

Good luck on your run and be careful! It’s hot as h-e-double hockey sticks out there! ;)
Carolyn @ Lovin’ Losing recently posted..What I’m LovingMy Profile

13 sara @ the foodie diaries July 21, 2011 at 9:53 pm

That flip flop pancake is the coolest thing EVER!!! I love the random posts, sometimes they’re the best ones :)
sara @ the foodie diaries recently posted..Change isn’t always a bad thingMy Profile

14 Kristen @ notsodomesticated July 21, 2011 at 10:28 pm

I love that flip flop pancake!! Very creative! Hope your run went well!! :)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..I’m being held hostage…My Profile

15 Jayme @ Runner-n-Spice July 22, 2011 at 2:31 am

Hey Alyssa! I love your blog! I saw your guest post on Meg’s blog!
re: reaction to sticker in the dryer – priceless.

16 Whitney July 22, 2011 at 11:34 am

I feel like a mess everyday of my life so don’t worry.

Coffee maker is essential. I used to think I needed to cut back but seriously who are we kidding. Coffee makes everything better so go out and get one! The keurig is awesome but I always want more afterward. If your trying to control portion wise I recommend a keurig and they aren’t that expensive anymore.

Good luck with your 14 Mile run! It is going to feel amazing.

17 Ashley @ Healthy Heroine July 22, 2011 at 3:00 pm

My Keurig was on the fritz for a day last week and I just about freaked out. I think it’s safe to say that I love it.

I live my life “on shuffle” so I know just what you mean. :)
Ashley @ Healthy Heroine recently posted..Random Facts Thursday x6My Profile

18 Allie @ PickyEatingRD July 22, 2011 at 3:54 pm

I would most def take a class from you girl!! Especially if you promise to rock size stickers all over your workout clothes!

19 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss July 22, 2011 at 4:51 pm

HAHA. Done.

20 Kristine @ Running On Hungry July 22, 2011 at 10:00 pm

Ummm I walked around for a good 2 hours with a S/M sticker on my back. (The long ones that say it about 10 times). Thanks co-workers for noticing.

Definitely get a Keurig – they’re amazing! (And you can get huuge packs of the k-cups at Costco – 80 for like $25!)
Kristine @ Running On Hungry recently posted..Last Night A Kindle Saved My LifeMy Profile

21 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss July 24, 2011 at 11:30 pm

hahaha. I love this. the long size stickers are BAD news.

22 Allison @ Happy Tales July 23, 2011 at 12:39 am

Giiiirl you are one of my favorite bloggers ever. Seriously. I love reading your bloggyblog because i love the way your brain works. Mine is always on shuffle, too! BTW, i’m pretty sure by now you’ve already ran your PDR, so CONGRATS on that! (I’m catching up on blogposts if ya can’t tell, this week was caaaaaaaahrazy busy. bleh).
Allison @ Happy Tales recently posted..TGIFMy Profile

23 Karla July 27, 2011 at 12:48 pm

you need to get a keurig–best.thing.EVER! i have a super nice coffee maker, espresso, & frother… that I’m getting rid of for room for my keurig. voila.
Karla recently posted..My Stint in the WoodsMy Profile

24 Lora Curry December 11, 2011 at 7:36 pm

If you were a personal trainer or fitness instructor, I would hire you and take your classes in a heart beat! The keurig is awesome but I always want more afterward. Very creative! I feel like a mess everyday of my life so don’t worry.

25 Debra Bauer March 9, 2013 at 2:21 am

You are too funny! Giiiirl you are one of my favorite bloggers ever.
Debra Bauer recently posted..Heather PenkoMy Profile