WIAW

June 22, 2011 · 36 comments

Jenn, I know you are peeing your pants of excitement. I’ve been proactive enough to photograph enough food in my day to participate in the coveted “What I Ate Wednesday.”

That’s the thing. I don’t report my eats all the time because I honestly don’t have the energy to make it look pretty enough. And I repeat so many meals. You don’t even wanna know.

BUT HERE IT IS. My first one. Join in the fun, everybody, cause Jenn loves it.

The Cinnamon Raisin Bagelthin with fat free strawberry cream cheese, strawberry preserves, and banana slices with cinnamon has been a repeat offender in my breakfast ever since it got too hot out for breakfast oats.

And I just can’t get enough.

Coffee out of my Color Me Mine mug creation? Just say yes.

For some reason I figure one cup of this per day won’t give me a coffee dependency.

And. BIG NEWS. Crystal Light now has margarita, mojito, and strawberry dacquiri flavors. I may just have a new love. My coworker was nice enough to share this with me after I stared longingly at his mojito water.

oh, hey, new bff.

Pop Quiz: What tastes like chocolate chip cookies and only has 90 calories of Special K goodness?

This guy. He’s amazing. I typically eat half of it pre-lunch, then crumble up the rest of it for this bad boy…

the best lunch eva for the hot weatha.

I dump a huge dollop of vanilla greek yogurt into the bowl, drop about a tablespoon of dark chocolate cocoa powder on top, and pile in strawberries, blueberries, peaches, apples, and nectarines. It’s awesome, and the Special K bar add the crunch I always need in a yogurt bowl.

And those babies? Awesome pre-run fuel.

As for post-run, I indulge in some Chocolate Light Silk (not pictured.. woops) and your random assortment of pantry items. Yesterday, I had a few spoonfuls of my homemade maple almond butter.

fan. tastic.

And guess who put her Bob’s Red Mill “KEEN-WAH” (quinoa) to the test in a laarge summer salad for dinner?

hellooo, obnoxious quinoa spinach salad.

Me. I did.

This one gets extra points because I served it on a pie plate.

This baby’s got organic spinach, cucumbers, zucchini, squash, mushrooms, strawberries, Craisins, reduced-fat feta cheese, and quinoa. Drizzled on top is the Trader Joe’s Sesame Soy Ginger vinaigrette dressing I grabbed on Sunday.

The verdict? I’m obsessed with quinoa. It add the perfect amount of “oomph” to a salad, it gives me some protein and carbs, and it kinda smells like pizza when it’s cooking (has anyone else noticed that, or am I crazy?). Love.

And finally, my favorite night-time snack.

Enter: The VitaTop. Microwaved for 20 seconds. Topped with vanilla Greek yogurt, sugar-free chocolate syrup, and sometimes, some peanut butter.

I may cry when my VitaTop stash is gone. I’m running low.

In that mix, I probably also had 34 a few handfuls of chocolate cheerios, a pack of fat free Fig Newtons, and a hard boiled egg.

And I may have eaten a cinnamon raisin cookie when they were brought to the kids in summer camp I’m teaching.

I like snacks.

I like them even better when they’re called “treats.”

Aaaand… Holly‘s glasses are finished!

Today will consist of work, more summer camp with the kiddos, a post-work weights/light cardio session, packing for Ohio for a family wedding, and early to bed.

Call me nutsocrazylady, but I’m going to try to wake up around 6 a.m. tomorrow morning to run before work.

If you see expletives in your Twitter feed around that time… it was me.

P.S. Look in your address bar at the top of your internet browser. Do you see my new favicon? It’s a girl running. And she’s holding a wine glass. ;)

P.P.S. Dear Mom, sorry for saying “pee” on the blog. I know you don’t like that word and it’s forbidden at home, but it’s my blog and refuse to use the words “tinkle” or “urinate” in the first sentence of my post.

1 Carrie June 22, 2011 at 2:48 pm

LOVE UR EATS!! dang ur ‘dessert’ is INSANE!! whahhh i dont see no icon :(

2 Brittany (healthy slice of life) June 22, 2011 at 2:49 pm

Can I get a hell yes for bagels?! Or bagel thins :) yum.

I love quinoa too! It was supposed to be part of my dinner before I got queasy…

3 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) June 22, 2011 at 2:56 pm

TINKLE haha!! That’s hilarious!! Definitely need to use that word more often. I’ll be slipping it into my conversations now for sure! :P

And ohmygosh that Vitatop thing looks to DIE for!! YUM!! :D

4 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn June 22, 2011 at 2:58 pm

I need to go to color me mine and make one of those. Last time I went, I made a huuuugh jass salad bowl with “kudos” in the bottom. Reward system.

Your eats look so gooooddd time for me to go have third breakfast!

5 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries June 22, 2011 at 2:58 pm

I have the hardest time taking pretty pictures of my food. Plus, when I make it – I just want to scarf it down, not photograph it. Oh and btw – I LOVE Color Me Mine!!

6 Kat June 22, 2011 at 2:59 pm

Wow they really have those drink flavors now?! I’m all over the strawberry daquire one!! Gimme gimme!! And twislers omg so delicious!!

7 The Teenage Taste June 22, 2011 at 4:00 pm

All of your eats look FABulous! I am drooling over your dessert. Only you can make a Vitatop look sooooo indulgent! Yum! :-)

8 Christina @WhoWearsShortShorts June 22, 2011 at 4:06 pm

your vitatopsnack looks like a big bite of super awesome deliciousness! yum yum yum

9 Cait's Plate June 22, 2011 at 4:08 pm

Ahaha – I love that note to your mom at the end :) I’m with you – I’d rather see “pee” than “tinkle” or “urinate” (that’s the worst!).

Your eats look delicious even if they are repeated every day – I’m like that too. Definitely have my staples and I don’t stray too far from them!

10 Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons June 22, 2011 at 7:46 pm

bahahahaha! sorry to your mommy but I totally did almost pee my pants! =) haha

Happy WIAW lovely!!!!!! great job! everything looks gorgeous and i love you even more for being quinoa obsessed like me! =)

11 Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry June 22, 2011 at 11:27 pm

Well hot damn. I think you need to post your eats more often because they look delicious! I am especially enjoying the bagel and your lunch! So creative. Ohh yumfest. And “best lunch eva for the hot weatha” made me laugh. I love to make things rhyme :)

12 Brittany @ LessBritt MoreLife June 22, 2011 at 11:31 pm

Look at you running before work :) You are amazing and i’m proud of you!

13 Amanda @ .running with spoons. June 23, 2011 at 12:03 am

Hey girl!

Just stumbled across your blog and wanted to say that I really like it and I’m looking forward to reading more! All your eats look fantastic, especially that Vitamuffin. I had one of those today myself, with Greek yogurt and caramel pudding. SO good.

14 lindsay June 23, 2011 at 12:58 am

i’ll trade you some mint chocolate chip bites for your twizzlers! k?

15 Jessica @ Stylish Stealthy & Healthy June 23, 2011 at 1:47 am

Are you kidding me with these Chrystal Light flavors?!? I need some immediately.
And quinoa is sooo good, I love trying new kinds of salads with it.

16 Hollie @lolzthatswim(andrun) June 23, 2011 at 1:59 am

Oh my god girl. Target has the same drink packets and I’m seriously obsessed. I cannot drink plain water at all right now. My parents often email me about my blog asking why my mouth is so vulgar hahaha twinnies.

17 Mom June 23, 2011 at 3:00 am

I am so sad about your vocabulary:-(

18 Rach June 23, 2011 at 3:25 am

Your final PS made me laugh! Teehee!

Also, Crystal Light strawberry dacquiri ?! Gotta check this out!

19 Cara @ Chic Meets Healthy June 23, 2011 at 11:45 am

Is the mojito flavor one of the new packets made with stevia? Those are on my shopping list!

20 Brynne June 23, 2011 at 11:54 am

Love your collage – it’s so cute! My friend told me about the mojito flavor and I totally forgot until just now! Definitely need to try that. And I LOVE quinoa – especially with roasted veggies and feta!

21 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health June 23, 2011 at 1:11 pm

I’m thoroughly loving your blog! :) I’m new to it, and it’s so much fun!

22 jamie @ getalivingsense June 23, 2011 at 10:30 pm

LOVE that Gator glass!!! UF represent!!! <3 also, gooood job on the morning workout – they're not half bad once you get used to them ;)

23 Holly June 25, 2011 at 2:27 pm

LOVE LOVE LOVE my glasses :D Got them yesterday– one quick question- are they washable? I know not dishwasher, but hand washed?
YOU ROCK, thanks so much :D
& quinoa in a salad? genious!