It’s Wedding Season!

June 28, 2011 · 25 comments

I’m so glad I planned to get up this morning around 6:30 for a run.

Cause if I wasn’t going to bed early, the competitive edge in me would have come out last night. And I most definitely would have dominated a drinking game made from the phrases “dot dot dot,” “Bentley,” and “closure.”

If you watch The Bachelorette, you know what I’m-a talkin’ about.

And I hope you didn’t play that game, because you’d probably have alcohol poisoning.

I’m still baffled by ABC’s choice to make Ashley our Bachelorette. Did she not essentially leave the Bachelor because she had no idea what she wanted?

To me, nothing’s changed; the girl goes on and on about her insecurities, doesn’t seem to think anyone could truly love her, and is shattered every time everyone’s not telling her how wonderful/beautiful she is.

P.S. Dear Ashley, look on the bright side. Since the whole Bentley thing didn’t work out, you won’t have to worry about your children having really, really short necks.

And here’s a family who will never have to worry about short necks. Ever.

I’m still a little salty Amy missed the family picture moment.

I clearly had a blasty blast at my cousin’s wedding in Ohio. Lindsay looked absolutely beautiful, and it was so good to catch up with my dad’s side of the family.

I want to look that awesome when I tie the knot.

And how great did all the bright colors look?

Let’s rewind to the beginning of my trip up north. Remember that day? The first day I woke up super early to work out?

Due to my early start, I was struggling around 11 p.m. Thankfully, Wawa refueled me with some goodies. I was a happy girl.

Go Haribo or go home. I don’t do those off-brand gummies.

Shortly after our arrival in Ohio on Friday, it was time to skip over to the wedding rehearsal.

Dad’s job was to escort Grandma down the aisle with his brother, and since she hadn’t arrived yet… guess who got to be Grandma!

still giggling.

And then I ate a lot and did my cousins a favor my posing
in pictures with them to make them look super tan. You’re welcome.

After an easy afternoon run of 9.5 miles, it was wedding time!

(some of the photo credit goes to my cousin Angie)

what?

The nieces are so happy “it’s WEDDING SEASON.”

My little cousin Davin was the ring bearer.
AKA, he had “the most importantest job.”

The coolest part of the wedding:

It had been cloudy all day. Lindsay, the bride, prayed to our late Grandpa for sunshine just for her to walk down the aisle.

And guess what happened right when Grandma stepped foot on the grass?

Thanks, Grandpa. :)

And then I got to play with sparklers.

And dance for hours.

“no no no no drama…”

pretty cousin, pretty sister!

And I showed off my best, most cheesiest cheese…

And looked really, really cute in every single picture.

“Did you just say cake? Is the cake ready? Can I have cake?”

And I made it very, very clear I was in it to win it for the bouquet toss.

Looks like I boxed out Kevin’s grandma. I should probably apologize for that.

1 Cassie June 28, 2011 at 4:33 pm

You look so pretty in your blue dress, girl! Looks like an awesome time :)

2 Er June 28, 2011 at 5:21 pm

So glad you found my blog! Couldn’t agree more with what the hell was ABC thinking when they picked Ashley!??! I mean, really. Last night was just annoying. I wonder if they would have Emily as the next one since her and Brad didn’t work out?

P.S. I love the pic of you boxing out grandma for the bouquet lol

3 The Teenage Taste June 28, 2011 at 5:22 pm

Wow! You all looked so beautiful at the wedding! I love your dress, Alyssa!

4 samantha @ fresh n fit June 28, 2011 at 5:35 pm

True story, my mind went right to Wedding Crashers when I saw the post of this title. The wedding looks like so much fun! I love them tooo (:

But seriously… make a trip back to Ohio. While I’m in the state. Aaaand make your way down to the Nati. Hey thanks.

5 Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry June 28, 2011 at 5:44 pm

hahaha…I was thoroughly enjoying this entire post. That blue dress is gorgeous! Aw, you are beautiful :) I love weddings. AND CAAAAAKE!!!!

I never liked Ashley. I always thought she was plain and boring. Well that’s not true, I did kind of almost like her on her first date with Brad in the Bachelor (at the fair), but it went downhill pretty quickly… Could they not have found someone more fun and entertaining to be the Bachelorette? I mean, Alyssa, have they seen us?!?!
Haha. I’ll watch the entire season, but I will not enjoy it!
Well fine, I’ll enjoy it. But just a little.

6 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn June 28, 2011 at 5:46 pm

HAHAHA that is the best game evvverrrr. I freaking love the Bachelorette. I totally stalked all of the wedding pictures on fbook already. YOU are gorgeous, the BRIDE was gorgeous, and I’m so glad you had a good time shaking your groove thang!

7 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health June 28, 2011 at 5:47 pm

That looks like so much fun! I love weddings :)

8 Brandi @ The Vitamin Bee June 28, 2011 at 5:47 pm

I loooove your yellow wrap dress!

9 danielle June 28, 2011 at 5:56 pm

Um…I loved everything about this post. Ashleys seriously drives me insane. We started drinking wine everytime she said any of those 3 things. I better start working on my tolerance.
You look smoking at the wedding. I’m loving the picture of you trying to knock over grandma!!! :)

10 Cait's Plate June 28, 2011 at 6:08 pm

AHAHAHA – that last picture cracked me up! You see you totally front and center and his little grandmother just poking out under your arm.

You have such a beautiful family!! You and your sister and cousin look so much alike!

11 Sami June 28, 2011 at 7:19 pm

SO true about Ashley. She’s getting on my nerves! seriously, she’s got tons of genuine guys there and all she wants is that douche, bentley. I can’t wait for her to see the show herself so she realizes what a fool she looks like. That sounded cruel…ha.

xo.

12 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries June 28, 2011 at 9:38 pm

Love the dress, love the box out move, love the airplane bottle :)

13 Hollie @lolzthatswim(andrun) June 28, 2011 at 11:11 pm

Oh my goodness the bride is beautiful, you are beautiful, the colors are fabulous. This looks like an all around bomb.com wedding seriously.

14 Brittany @ LessBritt MoreLife June 28, 2011 at 11:39 pm

Love your dress, love your going all out for the bouquet– i do that too, and may or may not have injured someone last year when catching the bouquet! You are beautiful my friend :)

15 lindsay June 29, 2011 at 1:27 am

is it just me or do wedding rock?! I love them! and look gorgeous. And gummy bears always do the trick.
;)

16 Ali @ Ali Runs June 29, 2011 at 12:10 pm

love love love the last pic of you boxing out everyone! haha too funny! Also love your yellow dress, where did you get it?

17 Colleen June 29, 2011 at 1:05 pm

Ahhhh that picture of you and poor Grandma is priceless!!

18 Holly June 29, 2011 at 4:10 pm

Hahahaha- BEST picture comment ever- “Did you just say cake? Is the cake ready? Can I have cake?” Love it! :D
What a fun wedding!! You look gorgeous in your blue dress- so pretty!

19 katie June 30, 2011 at 4:19 am

YOU ARE SO PRETTY! do you know a guy named carson from VA beach?

20 antantopthilt August 9, 2011 at 1:49 am

Не велят в окно заглядывать, а в двери не пускают. Что ни лучший пирог в печи забыла. Есть спас и за Сухоной (т. е. православные; туда уходили от бед и селились там). Книги, которые мир называет аморальными, — это книги, которые демонстрируют миру его позор. Тихо не лихо: бреди нога по ногу! Ранняя весна – много воды. На дороге добродетели небезопасно. Дорожная полиция делает вид, будто не замечает, что движение идет в обе стороны. К кулачному праву относится и показывание кукиша. Приближаясь к правде, мы удаляемся от действительности. Видена девка медяна, а не видена золотая. Самое ценное в полезных советах, что они ничего не стоят. Не давайте ему слова — он слишком долго молчал! У кого пистоли, а у нас дубинки Христовы. Дом вести – не бородой (не вожжой) трясти. Прогуляешь (прозеваешь), так и воду хлебаешь. Кочин происхождение фамилии, значение фамилии Кочин, история фамилии Кочин Много ли увидишь, если будешь смотреть только в корень? Весна красна, на все пошла. Весна пришла – на все пошла. История обычно умалчивает о том, что с нею делает народ, который делает Историю. Не сей пшеницы прежде дубового листа. Ни рыба, ни мясо. Ни пест, ни ложка. Морщины — это тропинки лет. Ступай домой – и бог с тобой. Рад госпоже, что меду на ноже (прибавка: полижешь, да и обрежешься). Нести свой крест, чтобы на нём распять других. На свой ум не надейся, а за чужой не держись! Если как следует посмотреть правде в глаза, она может ещё и смутиться. Моя любимая — самая красивая женщина в мире. Не верите? Взгляните на нее моими глазами. Раньше, спасая Россию, били других, теперь — друг друга. Еду к обеду, а к ужину домой приеду. Знать паву по перьям. Сова – и по полету такова. Кузекеев значение фамилии, происхождение фамилии Кузекеев, история фамилии Кузекеев Не по рылу еда. Не у шубы рукав. Колос от колоса – не слыхать и голоса. „Карась любит сметану!“ — мнение повара. Нет более опасного взрыва, нежели взрыв справедливости. Сыта коровка, коли макухи не ест. На поминки идет – брюхо в семь овчин сошьет. Часом море не переедешь. Плохие дороги — еще не признак оригинальности пути. И наплачешься, и напляшешься, накашляешься и начихаешься. Прошлому не кайся: скоро состареешься. Не верь ветру в поле (в море), а жене в воле (в доме). Ни в городе Богдан, ни в селе Селифан. Стоит дерево, под вершину браво, под кулынь (корень) сила бьется (муравейник). Не всяк Иван Иванович, а кому бог даст (дразнят калмыков). Я красен, на все дела согласен (т. е. коли в духе). http://www.goroskop.co.uk/3027_krutikov_proishojdenie_familii_znachenie_familii_krutikov_istoriy.html