I Should Be Embarrassed . . .

June 16, 2011 · 29 comments

But I’m not.

I’m actually pretty difficult to embarrass. Maybe it’s all my experience onstage, maybe it was the experience of losing my tap shoe on stage during my 4th grade dance recital, or maybe I just have no shame.

By the way, I kept dancing. Tap shoe flew across the stage, I danced the rest of the number with one shoe on, and my friend picked up my shoe when we bowed.

My b.

Anyway, I should probably be embarrassed about owning a good 35% of the music in my iTunes library. But really, who cleans out their music? I’ve got stuff on there from I first started downloading music as a 7th grader.

…Maybe earlier.

So, when I threw my iPod on shuffle for my run on Sunday, I had to laugh at how happy my throwback music made me.

Which propelled me to make a “I Should Be Embarrassed But I’m Not” playlist for my iPod.

I’m not kidding.

It goes a little something like this…

Like I said, no shame. Feel free to make your own. It’s surprisingly liberating. Give it to me, Jesse.

“What’s that you say? You’ve loved me for ten years,
and you want to duet with me and live happily ever after?”

Chloe really enjoyed this playlist on our Tuesday night drive back to Virginia Beach.

“ROOOOOOAD TRIP, YEEUH!

“…this doesn’t sound like Chris Brown.”

“But really. Can you stop singing at least?”

“Bieber. Again?”

“Holy. Hell. This is going to be a long drive.”

“Get some control, lady. And FYI, Dream Street was never cool.”

“I call BS. I wasn’t aware of this plan.”

“I’m revoking all music-choosing privileges until
you bring back Ke$ha and ditch the jorts.”

Sorry, Chlo. It had to be done.

And a call to all those who also have no shame. I need the biggest, goofiest, cheesiest smile you can give me for an upcoming post. E-mail it to me at alyssa@lifeofblyss.com, please and thank you.

kinda like this…

…but this would be even better.

Hit me with your best.

1 Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) June 16, 2011 at 5:29 pm

basics….. ur itunes lib ROCKs.. i still got Im blue aba dee aba dai on mine.. did u catch that? cuz i defs do not rmbr the name of the song and rather jut sang it for ya via words

u got my pictcha!

2 Allison @ Happy Tales June 16, 2011 at 5:30 pm

Ummm you should have ZERO SHAME girl!!! Because you know why? I have at least 75% of those songs (minus glee, because I’ve never seen the show…maybe i should start??).

But really. I think you’d be surprised by how many ppl have music like that. Heck yes Dream Street! Anyone ever watch SClub7??? Probably not… they were quality.

3 samantha @ fresh n fit June 16, 2011 at 6:03 pm

uhmm “i should be embarrassed”? more like “i have the ability to create killer awesome playlists that would make an immobile 97 year old grandma wanna dance”. you know, sorry for partying. SERIOUSLY you worked old school disney into that!

ps, chloe is potentially the most adorable black lab i’ve ever seen!

4 theAlmostRunner June 16, 2011 at 6:12 pm

DREAM STREET hahahahahahaha

5 alyssa - fashion fitness foodie June 16, 2011 at 6:52 pm

my favorite song on that playlist? let me sing it for you…

I’ve got gadgets and gizmos aplenty
I’ve got whozits and whatzits galore
You want thingamabobs?
I’ve got twenty!
But who cares?
No big deal
I want moooooooooooore

6 mego@watchmegorun June 16, 2011 at 6:56 pm

Oh hey, I have no shame either because I have most of these songs on my ipod too and ill for sure send you a cheesy grin pic…cheesy grins are all I know, baby!

7 Amy June 16, 2011 at 7:19 pm

Girl I may not have those songs on my iPod because they’re still on CDs *gasp* but I still have them! I’m actually missing the good ones like NSYNC and Backstreet Boys and my Now! collection because in middle school they were stolen or I lost them. Tears I know!

Can Chloe pictures be a regular appearance on your blog pretty please??? I just love seeing doggy pictures and your captions for them make them even better. I do/did the same thing, speak for the dog based on their expressions. It’s so fun!

8 Christina June 16, 2011 at 8:01 pm

I have the ipod of a seven year old- way too much disney and bieber! But glad to see B-Spears on there! Pahahaha, I remember some girl danced to that song in the fifth grade for a talent show. Whewwwwww.

9 what katie's baking June 16, 2011 at 8:16 pm

hahaha yessss love your embarrassing playlist!!!
sending you a cheesy smile email now πŸ˜‰

10 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) June 16, 2011 at 8:27 pm

SENT!! πŸ˜€ And your cheesy grin ROCKS!!

And your playlist looks a bit like mine woo!! Mine’s 90% Disney and Glee…man I’m cool! πŸ˜›

11 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries June 16, 2011 at 11:33 pm

Oh my God – this was almost exactly what I had prepared to post for tomorrow morning! I thiiiink I’m going to let that one marinate on the back burner for a while πŸ™‚ But we have pretty similar playlists – Where’s the Love, Baby, The Call Toxic..all classic hits.

Annnd I was listening to Digital Getdown the other day – holy hell! I can’t believe my parents let me listen to something that “suggestive” as a ten year old hahah

12 lindsay June 17, 2011 at 12:42 am

ain’t no shame girl! bring on the bieber. haha.

13 lindsay June 17, 2011 at 12:42 am

ain’t no shame girl! bring on the bieber. haha.
LC

14 Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry June 17, 2011 at 1:47 am

hahaha…I love the throwbacks. Awesome.
I think I may have another pic for you. I’m emailin’ it!

15 Kat June 17, 2011 at 2:14 am

Haha I have such oldies on my itunes as well. Just sayin’….. Backstreets Back baby!

16 Rach June 17, 2011 at 2:39 am

Hahahaha! YES! My playlist of shame(lessness) would look very similar. Definitely lots of boy band music, hehe!

17 Nicole @ Of Cookies and Carrots June 17, 2011 at 2:44 am

Um, I am exponentially more in love with you than before… LOVE YOUR PLAYLIST.

I adore really bad music. And Body Language is on my running playlist as are many of those other songs. I will say that I’m not the *biggest* fan of Baby by J-Biebs but I looove “Somebody to Love” andvarious other songs… and I love love love all your n’sync and backstreet music… and pretty mcuh we are music soulmates! πŸ™‚

I also may or may not have been to a jonas brothers concert and a nick jonas concert on separate occasions… I’m a little embarrassed but clearly nto enough to keep from writing this πŸ˜‰
n

PS just so you know by j-mac is one of my favorite songs. and i just love jesse mccartney. ahhh now I'm all giddy πŸ™‚ hahaha

18 Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons June 17, 2011 at 2:46 am

ok ok i’ll see if i already have a cheesy smile pic.. i think i do. with pauliandro too. i’ll start digging!

chloe is so jamming out. =) love. it.

19 Meg June 17, 2011 at 2:58 am

Holy freaking shenanigans can we please be bffs?!

No, seriously. We can dance. Tap dance. Without shoes. AND JAM OUT TO THAT PLAYLIST CHYEA

20 Tiffany @ Simply Shaka June 17, 2011 at 12:48 pm

I LOVE the Chloe captions, too funny. I sometimes wonder what Lincoln thinks when I play my disco music in the car. He looks like he wants to shoot himself so yeaaaaaah…..

OMG Evan and Jaron, I completely forgot about that song—I must download!!!

21 Ali @ Ali Runs June 17, 2011 at 4:41 pm

I love your playlist! My sister got mad at me because I made our “pump up” cd for before races and BSB was on it! There is nothing like some awesome boy bands and the Beibster to get you ready to run! πŸ˜‰