I don’t know why

June 2, 2011 · 38 comments

1. I don’t know why sparkles make me so happy. I’m obsessed. It’s why Ke$ha and I should be best friends. My dream office would have glitter on the floor.

And the wall.

And the ceiling.

Case in point: These are my favorite flats:

sparkleesss!

My favorite headbands (from BIC):

moooore sparkles!

AND, my favorite swimmy, worn as I drove the boat on Memorial Day:

moremoremore sparkles!

And I really, really, really, REALLY want Carrie Underwood’s top from her AI performance last week. I think I texted 6 people telling them how bad I want need it. Off the shoulder AND sparkles? It’s got mah name on it.

“Carbear, If Alyssa was here, she’d snatch that sparkly top right off yo back.”
(source)

2. I don’t know why I need chapstick. All the time. But I do. Especially after I brush my teeth. If I forget some when I go out, I need to stop at a drug store. It’s bad. Chapstickers Anonymous, anyone?

3. I still get uncomfortable when I’m around someone using a Bluetooth. I don’t know why. I still always think the dude is a few fries short of a Happy Meal and try to not stare.

…And then I see the Bluetooth, and I get weird about hearing his half of his conversation.

Sorry to the vending machine guy in the faculty lounge today if I gave you a weird look.

4. I have a Pinterest addiction. But I DO know why. It’s awesome. Go do it.. it’s like a virtual bulletin board, it’s handy for creative ideas, and it’s so, so addicting. Go sign up now, and don’t forget to add me. Jenn‘s my Pinterest BFF. Just ask her.

I don’t know why I’m having such a hard time finding a cute gym bag for a reasonable price. I want

5. I don’t know why I’ve never tried to make my own balls before.

You heard me.

Becauuuuse, after trying the “fitbite” balls Lori sent me (raw, vegan, protein-packed, gluten free, dairy free, AND refined sugar free!), I’m positive she’s a real smartypants. My favorite were the apricot nut balls. I even crushed one up and put it in a yogurt bowl. Yesss.

Thank you again, Lori!

6. I don’t know why I haven’t opened up my latenight bakery/ice cream shop yet. Think about it. How many times did you want froyo in a BAD way around 11:30 p.m.? Nobody’s ever open past 10… those jerks.

I think I’ve found a gap in the business. And I’ll be more than happy to fill it. Who’s gonna be my sponsor? πŸ˜€ I promise to have the most toppings of any place you’ve ever seen before.

7. I have no idea why I still let my dad pull me on a tube behind his boat after what happened to me as a child.

There we are, Jenna.. matching pigtails as usual.

You see… I may have gotten my braces ripped out of my mouth as a 12-year-old. Here I am, happily smiling and laughing as I get whipped around Lake Ariel (we used to own a house in the Pocono mountains in Pennsylvania), and the tube strap flipped up, hitched onto my braces, and ripped the wire and about 87% of the brackets out of the top of my mouth.

Ow.

My dad spent a good half hour trying to cut the rest of the wire out with his wire-cutters. That felt awesome.

I practice smiling with my mouth shut for my 7th grade picture. That looked awesome.

But, here I am, on Memorial Day, at 23 years old, allowing good ol’ Daddy-o pull me on the tube.

Some people never learn.

1 Claire @ Live & Love to Eat June 2, 2011 at 4:26 pm

Our favorite yogurt place in Pittsburgh is open till 11 every night of the week! It’s great!

2 Meg June 2, 2011 at 4:26 pm

Hi, I think we’re long lost twins.

Can we go on a tube ride to the mall and buy EVERYTHING with sparkles? Mostly shoes and dresses? Yea. K good.

Love you!

3 movesnmunchies June 2, 2011 at 4:27 pm

IM SO WITH U ON THE CHAPSTICK, SPARKLES AND BALLS! i love balls!
woah there..
omg that did not happen with ur braces!!! OW is an understatement!

4 Erin Kidd June 2, 2011 at 4:42 pm

Ok Aly. I also share a love for everything that sparkles, so you are not alone. Those flats are soo cute! And ouch, hearing your story about your braces being ripped out made my teeth hurt.

5 Katelyn @ chef katelyn June 2, 2011 at 4:56 pm

I am the same. Way. I always have to have freaking chapstick or I have to buy some!!! Slash you are GORGEOUS I love that we are sparkle queen twins <33

6 Lindz @ happyorhungry June 2, 2011 at 4:59 pm

Ohh how I love tubing… Those regular tubes are NOTHING compared to those kite tubes!!! Before they got banned I had a reallllly bad fall from like 10 feet in the air and thought I was going to die.

I like sparkles too πŸ™‚

7 Mel (mmmstories) June 2, 2011 at 5:45 pm

I go through so much Chapstick that I wish I knew how to make my own (hm…DIY project?) ..mine always loves to run away!

OUCH = your braces story. I didn’t even know that could happen!

8 Hollie @ Lolzthatswim(andRun) June 2, 2011 at 5:50 pm

I want those headbands. We cannot hang out or I will personally steal them. I’m sorry but that is the way it is ha.

But on a side note. Email me, I’m pretty busy this weekend but not next weekend. We can go on a running date, or go out to eat, or well whatever you want! anywho just pop me an email lolzthatswim@gmail.com.

9 Corrie Anne June 2, 2011 at 6:25 pm

SPARKLES are wonderful. That’s a super hot bikini. Where’d you find that one!? πŸ™‚

10 fashionfitnessfoodie June 2, 2011 at 6:37 pm

I want Carrie underwoods top too! Unfortunately they custom made it just for her πŸ™ I love me some sparkles and I want to open up a late night fro yo shop with you we can call it lysi’s!

11 Dad June 2, 2011 at 6:43 pm

Love the tube pics
XO

12 cheerfulfeast June 2, 2011 at 6:47 pm

Ooo I need those headbands!! Sparkles always make it better. You should totally open a late night bake shop/fro yo store. We have a cookie shop in Ann Arbor called Insomnia Cookie that is open until 3 AM and they make deliveries! Cookies and milk brought right to your door! πŸ™‚

13 megpinkgiggles June 2, 2011 at 6:51 pm

Those are the cutest flats I’ve ever seen!! where did you get them?

14 janae @hungryrunnergirl.com June 2, 2011 at 7:00 pm

AHHH BEST POST EVER!! I am obsessed with sparkles too and I lOVE your swim suit. Also, I go through so much chapstick it is disgusting ha, I am so so addicted. Can we go into business together and open up the bakery/ice cream late night shop..that sounds like heaven to me!

15 Brittany June 2, 2011 at 7:10 pm

You are too cute! If you love sparkles, you should check out the dress katy widrick wore at Fitbloggin– in this post: http://www.lessbrittmorelife.com/2011/05/fitbloggin-recap/

16 Nicole @ Of Cookies & Carrots June 2, 2011 at 7:38 pm

girl i’m so with you on them sparkles! so much fun :)))

also i’m so in on your bakery/froyo place. screw college, i’ll bake cookies. πŸ˜‰

n

17 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) June 2, 2011 at 8:52 pm

I LOVE YOUR SUIT and I really really want you to be my personal stylist! I’ll pay you in balls πŸ˜‰

18 Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons June 2, 2011 at 9:51 pm

you should really make your own balls πŸ˜‰ bahahaha! Can I borrow your flats?

you’re so fabulous!

19 cottercrunch June 2, 2011 at 9:59 pm

youre adorable in all your glitter. ANd i hear ya about the bluetooth. Creeps me out. Enjoy the balls. hehe.

20 Jenna June 2, 2011 at 10:59 pm

Why didn’t we take pictures of your mouth? That would have been a great addition to today’s blog.

21 Colleen June 2, 2011 at 11:36 pm

Oh my God, I love Carrie Underwood – but I’d knock her out to steal that top in a heartbeat. Too much?

22 Jenny June 3, 2011 at 12:50 am

Your sparkly shoes are adorable!! And sexy bathing suit girl, I didn’t drive a boat for MDW but I was on one πŸ˜›

23 Lisa @ I'm an Okie June 3, 2011 at 2:01 am

I could do without Carrie Underwood’s top–but dang…her legs, I’d take those!

24 applesnoats June 3, 2011 at 3:22 am

freak accident, i have NEVER EVER heard of something like that happening!!
Please tell Carrie to get me one toooo!!

25 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles June 3, 2011 at 4:19 am

I run for my chapstick as soon as I’m done brushing my teeth. I feel naked without it! πŸ™‚

26 kissmybroccoli June 5, 2011 at 9:07 pm

Oh my gosh! My teeth hurt so bad, I forgot what I was going to say!

Ok, had to look back through the post…I am seriously addicted to chapstick! I have tubes of it hidden everywhere and yet I STILL find myself without it far too often! Like I just bought one on Friday and now I can’t find it!

Pinterest…yes…addicted…very much! Gah!

Must have late night fro-yo! Genius!!

27 myhighonlife June 6, 2011 at 12:13 am

My mouth just cringed when I read the braces story.. oh em geeeeee OW! I would be your #1 customer [from WI of course] if you opened up a late-night froyo shop!

28 Holly June 9, 2011 at 6:26 pm

You got your braces ripped out?!?! Whattttt? I seriously was like covering my mouth because it sounded so horrible- lol!
& I’m SO WITH YOU about the Blue Tooth thing, it creeps me out too! I always think they are some psycho! haha! πŸ˜€