Early Morning Workouts.. Whaaa?

June 23, 2011 · 32 comments

What is the Life of bLyss coming to? I just woke up at 6 a.m. And I got out the door. And I ran. And nothing terrible happened.

I feel like I’m in the twilight zone.

Seriously, ask anybody you know. I can stay up until 4 a.m. no problem, but waking up early has always been so hard for me. I was always the last one awake in the morning at sleepovers.. and before everyone feel asleep (before me), I’d beg them to promise to wake me up before they ate breakfast and had all the morning fun without me.

I got it from my mama. We like to burn the midnight oil. And the 2 a.m. oil.

Anyway, I was up at 6:07, threw some clothes on (they may have matched.. I’m still not sure), fed Chloe, kissed her goodbye and told her to be a good girl at the kennel (sidenote: does that place not look fantastic? she gets a pool and acres of land on which to play with other pups) and drove here.

hi gym, how do you still look good at 6 a.m.?

I snagged Jamie off the side of the road and drug her with me so there’d be witnesses that I actually ran before 7 a.m.

The verdict? The run itself kinda sucked. My body doesn’t do anything well that early, but I got it done. And for right now, that’s what counts. 6.5 miles were complete before 7:45 in the morning. Booyeah.

And this is how hardcore I am now. I even showered at the gym.

the horror, I know.

I figured, if Janae does it, I can do it.  Probably because I dream of being her one day.

And then I dried my hair for work… and took a picture to prove it.

dear Alyssa, try to look like a normal human for work. just try.

proof of my accomplishments of the morning.
and proof of the fact that my eyes don’t open all the way before 10 a.m. I can’t help it.

And then I rewarded myself with some Badass coffee. Cause that’s what I am.

Post-work, I’ll be headed to Ohio for my cousin’s wedding. Around 4 p.m. you’ll find me having car singalongs with these two.

And I’ve got big plans for a rockin’ playlist.

1 Kat June 23, 2011 at 1:57 pm

Oh gosh working out in the morning does NOT work for me. I do get up early, but only my brain seems to function, not my actual body. Ive gotten on the treadmill about 10 minutes after rising before and within 2 minutes I’ve gotten a side cramp and am major winded. Makes no sense! So I just stick to my afternoon workouts. And major props to showering at the gym, I would NEVER do that!

2 Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry June 23, 2011 at 2:00 pm

hahaha…I don’t shower at the gym either. I like to stay a big sweaty dirtball for a bit afterwards ;)
Good job on the early morning running! Better than me, I had planned on running this morning, but when my alarm went off I just shut it off and went back to sleep. Whoops. Evening run it is!
That coffee looks seriously badass.

3 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries June 23, 2011 at 2:10 pm

Morning workout twin! Good for you, lady! I was up at 5. What the hell was I thinking?? That’s just offensive.

Have fun at your cousin’s wedding! :)

4 Tiffany @ Simply Shaka June 23, 2011 at 3:40 pm

OMG I wanna go to Badass coffee! A) Because I love coffee and B) Because that place is too cute!!

Yeah, I dont do early morning workouts so you go. I woke up at 4am today but still didnt get to the gym until 945am, thats early enough for me.

5 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health June 23, 2011 at 3:41 pm

Haha I love it! I hate showering at the gym, but sometimes it’s totally worth it! I’m from Ohio…have fun in my home state! :)

6 Amanda @ .running with spoons. June 23, 2011 at 3:51 pm

I’m jealous. I have no problem with waking up early (I wake up around 5:30 everyday with no alarm), but I canNOT do the early morning workout thing… especially if it involves having to get my butt out of the house and head to the gym. I need a breakfast in my belly and a little coffee before I’m ready to get my butt moving :D

7 Jamie June 23, 2011 at 3:58 pm

I love that when you said you snagged me off the side of the road…you really did snag me off the side of the road. BAHAHAHHA. I’m proud of you! I should have held off til tonight, I’m actually considering going back for some hot yoga action. My stomach was so pissed at me for trying to run..UGH.

8 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat June 23, 2011 at 4:08 pm

I could totally handle a 6 am start, but I have to leave the house at 5 am to do a morning workout and have enough time to get ready before work.

9 Cait's Plate June 23, 2011 at 7:03 pm

I go in and out of being able to workout in the morning. The showering/looking presentable thing is the worst part for me! I’ve been sticking to evening workouts for now, but when winter comes and it’s dark by 4pm I’m sure I’ll switch it up again :)

10 Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons June 23, 2011 at 7:12 pm

bahahaha! enjoy the singalong! and GO YOU little miss morning workout! that is a huge accomplishment =)

11 Ali @ Ali Runs June 24, 2011 at 12:39 am

Yay, for morning workouts! I can do them easily if I know I have someone waiting for me. My problem comes when I just decide to go work out and then just end up hitting snooze for an hour. Safe travels! :)

12 Brittany @ LessBritt MoreLife June 24, 2011 at 12:49 am

You’re freakkkkkin awesome lady! So proud of you! I MIGHT have to join you for some early morning workouts once i have a gym in Austin! Have fun at your cousin’s wedding! xoxo

13 Rach June 24, 2011 at 2:13 am

Kudos to you for working out so early in the morning! I’m impressed. I used to work out in the morning when I didn’t have to go into work until 9, haha!

Have fun road trippin’!

14 Nicole @ Of Cookies and Carrots June 24, 2011 at 2:39 am

Working up early to workout I’ll do… but SHOWER too?! that’s asking too much ;)

You look super cute girl! :)

n

15 Hollie @lolzthatswim(andrun) June 24, 2011 at 2:51 am

Why are we such twinnies?! I used to have that camera too. I’m so proud of your running skillz. Oh and when Katelyn comes down next week lets go on a little date okay? Okay great.

16 Sami June 24, 2011 at 2:00 pm

it is SOOO hard to drag myself out of the bed before work at 5:30 AM in order to get a mini workout in, but i’m always SO glad when i do. :)

way to work it, lady <3

xo.

17 Holly June 25, 2011 at 2:23 pm

Hahaha! That last picture is the best. :)
Hope you have so much fun at your cousin’s wedding!!!
GO YOU for rocking that early workout! That is the only time that I can workout..I honestly don’t know HOW people workout after work..I’m definitely a morning person though, so I guess that helps.

18 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn June 27, 2011 at 1:37 am

HOTTTTIE! Lately, early morning workouts have NOT been my thang. Slash I am such a night owl. I stayed up until 4am last night talking with my cousins and having a dance party. Girl talk is important. Slash I am in lahhhhve with that Badass Coffee…it is so VA beach ;) I can’t wait to see you this weekend AHHH I am going to send you an email asap but basically I will be arriving either Friday or Saturday night, most likely Saturday :))) I’ll bring the liquor if you’ll bring the mixers!

19 Cassie June 27, 2011 at 4:59 pm

Just found your blog at LOVE it!!!! I’m guilty of the mirror gym shots too–whoops!!!!!!!!