Doggone It.

June 20, 2011 · 16 comments

In case you didn’t hear, last night I was crowned Miss USA.

Oh wait, that’s not me, is it?

Well, she was one of my favorites. Her name is Alyssa, and she does look like Ariel. So… job well done, judges.

By the way, I think my sister wore that dress to prom in 1994.

Good choice, Alyssa. Good choice. But Amy wore it first.

A “Doggone It” Sunday

Ask me why I got very little sleep last night.

Look who ate about half of her “DOGSAVER,” a little rubber toy I was just thinking was great for her entertainment. Not so much when it ends up in her belly.

The 24 hour emergency vet got a call from me asking what I should be wary of. Needless to say, Chloe’s cage was moved to my bedroom last night.

Part of me wonders if this is just her way of getting a mother-daughter slumber party.

“maybe.”

“Hold up. I don’t get to sleep in bed with you?”

Ask me why I could be found in the toy aisle of Petsmart cleaning up poopies around 5:15 yesterday.

“oh. my bad.”

Ask me why I was dragging a 7 month old black Labrador out of the store with a confused, slobber-covered pug, three stressed Petsmart workers, and an empty bag of dogfood in my wake.

“the FOOD. I want it.”

The answer to all of these questions?

This girl.

“who, me?”

Surprisingly, I had a very productive day yesterday. I got through my FIRST hill workout of marathon training (a hill interval workout will come in tomorrow’s post), I did some grocery shopping at Trader Joe’s and WalMart, I made some headway on bLyss Designs orders, I did laundry, and Chloe got her first taste of running with her mama.

“that. sucked.”

We’ve got a long way to go before Chloe can partake in any serious mileage, but I think starting out with some short walk/run intervals is a good plan, no? ;)

Sorry, kid.

And… a glimpse into my weekend

I joined my friends Rob, John, Cynthia, Heath, and Bea for some weekend activities. Your typical normality was thrown to the wind, as usual.

_q4xjH on Make A Gif, Animated Gifs

Yes, here you see boys wearing unplanned matching outfits, adults playing the quiet game on a bar patio, adults racing pedicabs home, and adults playing in the sand all day to create a “Sand Kingdom.”

Being a grown-up is overrated. I’ve decided I’m never becoming one.

1 Kat June 20, 2011 at 3:29 pm

Opies new thing is eating my chapsticks. I have no idea how she gets them, but yesterday she ate number 3. At least her lips are moisturized right?

2 Lisa @ I'm an Okie June 20, 2011 at 3:43 pm

Agreed! gotta stay young at heart!

3 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries June 20, 2011 at 3:59 pm

I’ve got one foot in Big Girl Land and the other in Forver-a- Student Land. I’ll totally cross over one day ;)

4 Meg June 20, 2011 at 4:00 pm

You + your dog crack me up. I saw that on Fbook and giggled. I LOVAH the slideshow of your weekend and congrats on the first run with the pup, even if she might’ve hated it ;)

Love you sista.

5 samantha @ fresh n fit June 20, 2011 at 4:14 pm

I’m so with Meg… you and Chloe are like the perfect dynamic duo :)

Hmm I’m still waiting on growing up. So maybs I should just never do it? Mk sounds like a plan!

6 Brandi @ The Vitamin Bee June 20, 2011 at 4:16 pm

Puppies are so funny! I have to say, I am impressed with Chloe’s demolishing skills. My dog was a little devil everytime I took her to petsmart. She would poop everywhere even if she had just gone!! She’s past that phase now thank goodness…I also take her there a lot less.

7 Alaina Rose @ Sweetness Of Life June 20, 2011 at 4:50 pm

Hey love, I just wanted to thank you again for the sweet guest post you did for me! AND, your dog is so fricken cute! She sounds like quite the handful though ;-) I can relate. I have two dogs and one of them is still a puppy (about 9 months old) so he is still a handful and a total pain in the ass sometimes! But SO cute :-) What kind of dog is yours?

8 Hollie @lolzthatswim(andrun) June 20, 2011 at 6:26 pm

I’m not growing up ever. I feel like from here on out every birthday will be 21. Go to the Beach every day and live the dream. Maybe one day I’ll graduate college and become a real grownup girl but I somehow doubt it.

9 Rach June 20, 2011 at 10:02 pm

Girl I am so with you on the never becoming a grown up thing! :D Cute shots of the weekend. As always, I’m jealous of your beach time, but totally happy for you. :)

So glad Chloe was okay after eating her toy! That’d scare me too! And sorry for the pet store catastrophes too! Yeesh, that girl is keepin’ you on your toes. ;)

10 debbie Lechtman June 21, 2011 at 2:29 am

just discovered your blog via Meg (Sunshine ‘n Spice) :) You’re absolutely hilarious. The things we do for our dogs ;)

11 Lindsey @ Happy or Hungry June 21, 2011 at 2:42 pm

Bahaha…your dog is awesome! So cute…and mischievous, hehe.

Your teaser of weekend pics looks fun and awesome. Whyyy can’t I leave near the beach?! I grew up on a lake, but it’s different than BEACH. I always wanted to be a beach gal…