Baseball, FroYo, and Cars

June 7, 2011 · 26 comments

I’m so girly with my blog titles, aren’t I?

Daddy-O, also known as B-Halt, came to Virginia Beach last night to work on the house a bit (for those of you who don’t know, my daddy is currently “flipping” the house in which I currently live).

After a fun trip to Home Depot for Slug Bait (heeey, what up, slugs in mah bathroom?), Aunt Bait (I’ve also got some homeboys marching into my kitchen), and a sprinkler, we headed to Waterman’s for some dinna.

I should get a frequent visitor card to Waterman’s. I can’t help it… I just love the food, location, and atmosphere, and I had to show Dad around.

And guess who was playing on the bar T.V. right in front of us?

this guy
(source)

versus

THIS GUY.
(source)

The best matchup ever… my team versus one of my college buddies. Remember my post about how my friend Jerry was brought up to play in the majors for the LA Dodgers? He’s still busy being awesome. Batting 7th last night against the Phillies. NBD. Just a few grand slams…

It was difficult to capture him on my Blackberry’s camera…

But Jerbear’s got some moves. (source)

I spent the game texting Jerry’s fiance, Morgan, planning my trip to D.C. when the Dodgers play the Nationals. I’m pretty psyched about cheering in the stands with her like old times. 🙂

Boop! He’s excited.

After watching the game over dinner, Dad twisted my arm and had to bribe to go get some fro yo. Part of that sentence is true, part of that sentence is a complete fabrication.

Skip, skip, skip to my loo

I was goin’ for some real health on my fro yo. I picked nonfat dark chocolate mixed with nonfat frosted cupcake.

Then I added butterfinger, oreo, pie crust, cookie dough, a brownie bite, and cinnamon toast crunch.

Please don’t hold the hot fudge.

Hey, I ran an easy 5 yesterday… I do what I want.

Plus, it’s completely this guy’s fault I have such a problem controlling myself around ice cream and chocolate.

It’s also his fault I am really lanky and have long fingers and not so tiny feet, but that’s a story for another day.

Know what else is fun? Spending 1,200 some dollas getting your car completely serviced (new fluids, new brakes, removal of the unicorns who were poking holes in my exhaust) to find your “check engine” light back a month later.

Does anybody else still have the same car they got when they first started driving? I never ever ever want mine to die. I love him. Any guesses to what breed he is? 😉

P.S. If you got the Dane Cook reference above, you get to join my new best friend list. 🙂

1 laurwilk June 7, 2011 at 7:52 pm

I have had SUCH a froyo craving lately. That needs to be on tonight’s agenda. Long fingers and not-so tiny feet? I can’t relate to that AT ALL.

2 Katelyn June 7, 2011 at 8:06 pm

I am going to MARRY Dane Cook. He is so hot slash I have listened to all of his work.

AHHH TAKE ME TO GET FROYO!! That sounds sooo so good, I would actually make a dairy exception JUST to have that froyo.

3 Claire @ Live & Love to Eat June 7, 2011 at 8:10 pm

Your blog title made me think of my dad… he got me to appreciate baseball and cars but I’m still super girly. Love the name of that Frozen yogurt shop!

4 theAlmostRunner June 7, 2011 at 8:21 pm

Boop! He’s excited.

5 Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons June 7, 2011 at 8:32 pm

haha glad you do what you want =) I go nutso on my froyo too! more fun that way 😉

6 Meaghan June 7, 2011 at 9:14 pm

That froyo looks ridiculously amazing 🙂

7 Hollie @lolzthatswim(andrun) June 7, 2011 at 9:33 pm

I was just at skinny dip like two days ago! AH fail. I always tell anyone who asks about my ice-cream addiction that I ran and I don’t flipping care bahaha. It is worth being a fattie anyways.

8 Rachel @ The Avid Appetite June 7, 2011 at 9:36 pm

I am not a Philly’s fan, but that is so cool about your friend! I would have picked your same fro-yo combo 🙂 Delish.

9 Blonde on a Mission June 7, 2011 at 10:36 pm

Hahaha when you go & get your car fixed and they give you a list of totally obscure things. I love Dane Cook. That froyo looks ridiculous. I want it. I don’t have the same car, but my car now is the one I want for life 🙂 We have an unconditional loving bond.

10 healthdivaeats June 7, 2011 at 10:39 pm

I love your dad! ha! That pic is awesome!!

So cool that your friend is a MLB player!!!

LOVING the froyo!!

Have a great night love!! xoxo <3

11 myhighonlife June 7, 2011 at 11:12 pm

i want your froyo. it looks SOO GOOD. and car repairs suck so much. it’s always ridiculously expensive.

12 Ma Ma Megan June 8, 2011 at 1:12 am

I’ve been craving fro yo like mad. Somebody needs to take me to get some! *ahem alyssa* 😉

13 moveovercelery June 8, 2011 at 2:14 am

I only get froyo just so I can smother it in all things chocolate and candy. 😉

14 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries June 8, 2011 at 12:32 pm

I haven’t had fro-yo in weeks. It’s such a tragedy!

15 Sami June 8, 2011 at 4:14 pm

I <3 every one of the mentioned things in your title 🙂

ESPECIALLY the froyo 😉

yours look delishhhhhhhhhhhh. so does chase utley. ha.

xo.

16 lindsay June 8, 2011 at 8:47 pm

oh I hear ya on the car issues, not fun! but the yogurt might help ease the stress, right?
😉

17 happytalesblog June 8, 2011 at 9:55 pm

Gosh, when my mom surprised with me with a new car i was actually REALLY upset because I was so attached to my first car! Kind of weird… but i’m glad someone else can relate!

BTW! Do you own your place in VA beach?!!? I don’t think I realized that!!

18 Brittany June 9, 2011 at 12:02 am

I’m happy you love baseball, but i CAN NOT WAIT for football season!!! I WILL BE a very happy lady 🙂

19 Lindz @ happyorhungry June 9, 2011 at 1:07 am

I totally watched baseball for most of the day today. High school baseball, but whatever…it was in the Jays stadium so it was ALMOST like watching the pros!

20 healthyhappyhuman June 10, 2011 at 7:20 pm

I <3 Skinny Dip!! Have you tried Key West Yogurt yet? They have a store in Hilltop…amazing!