THAT’S How Maryland Does.

May 18, 2011 · 23 comments

…Remember when I said I have a problem.. and  the only prescription is more Wedding Crashers quotes? That was my title inspiration. ;)

My weekend in Maryland was a great one, save for a very sick day on Sunday. I spent the day in bed and ended up driving home on Monday. Ga-ross.

I went to Maryland, as usual, to stay with Anastasia, and to attend Jason’s goodbye celebration. Cue the tears; Jason moved to Kentucky. Waaah!

Before a nice Thursday morning sweat session at the gym (my physical therapist allowed me to do a SLOW 6 miles to gear me up for the joke that will be our Williamsburg half marathon this weekend), Anastasia and I bounced on over to Target to look for some matching race attire (since we are seven years old and must always be running twins)

Yeah… gems.

Speaking of gems, check out the shorts we will be wearing for THIS half marathon.

We figured since “my life” got in the way of training for this half (along with my shin… and Anastasia’s new job), we need outfits that make it very clear that this is a fun run for us. ;)

…Mission accomplished, I think.

Then it was time for some D.C. fun!

Katie worked with me last summer… and she broke my heart when she moved away from Virginia Beach. You may remember our last fun times in D.C. last time she met us out on the town.

Katie and her “tall man” boyfriend are pretty goshdarn adorable, are they not?

You’d think it’d be easier to capture a picture with both the tall man and some pretty tall girls. It’s not. Poor you, Katie, for being half cut out of every picture so you can fit Andy’s tall head in there.

“Maybe if we look really happy and point at him he won’t move!”

Lots of new friends and photobombs.

And pretty new shirts to show off (thank you, Dana and Abby).

THEN, after my sicky day on Sunday, on my drive home on Monday I realized I was passing right by where my good friend Kristin from middle/high school now lives.

…DETOUR!

I was SO excited to see her. She was one of my closest friends growing up in New Jersey, and I haven’t even seen her since she got married and had a baby (crappy friend award?)!

and from middle school to prom, I have so many memories with her. :)

AND I FINALLY GOT TO MEET HER BABY!

Meet Chase Michael.

Yes, he’s named after Chase Utley, and yes, that fact along with his big baby blues make him my new boyfriend.

AND LOOK. I was even gracious enough to take a “taking care of a baby is tough stuff” picture for you!

Seriously. I did my hair like that on purpose. Just for you.

So, Anastasia, Jason, Katie, and Kristin, thank you for yet another spectacular weekend on the road.

My next order of business this week? Knock out 15 bLyss Designs glasses, get my shin in gear to jog 13.1 miles on Sunday, and uhhh… be awesome.

Since my crazy weekend/sick day has left me out of the loop with EVERYONE, hit me with some highlights of your weekend, pretty please.

1 Brandi May 18, 2011 at 6:27 pm

Hey Girl Hey, I’m going to be running the same race this weekend toooooo!! I think your “jog” might be my “fast pace” though. :)

Those shorts are pretty freakin awesome.

I was a complete lamesauce and sat in my PJs most of the weekend but I did watch some awesome episodes of Ghost Whisperer and Criminal minds! It looks like you had a pretty awesome weekend!

2 movesnmunchies May 18, 2011 at 6:41 pm

YAYAYA IM SO EXCITED!! DAYUM those shorts are HOT- love love love love love it! OO more Blyss designs?!?! YAY!

3 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) May 18, 2011 at 6:46 pm

Um, please can I join and we can be running triplets? I need those shorts ;)

Looks like you had an AWESOME time and please say you stole the baby cos he is GORGEOUS! You two and your beautiful blues! :)

You are gonna ROCK that half despite the Evil Shins!! :D

4 theAlmostRunner May 18, 2011 at 6:53 pm

CUTE hair. cute baby. weekend sounds amazing!

5 fashionfitnessfoodie May 18, 2011 at 7:32 pm

haha i love the hair. and the babies pretty cute too :)

you will rock the race!! don’t sweat it!!!! and if youw ere in MD you should have been visiting me. that is all.

6 Mel (mmmstories) May 18, 2011 at 8:45 pm

The shorts are TOO perfect! Just add matching safari hats.
Good luck with the last leg of training, you will rock the race!

7 Jenny May 18, 2011 at 9:58 pm

Um I kinda want those shorts now ;)

8 Amy @ countrystrong21 May 18, 2011 at 10:45 pm

Besides being sick Sunday it does sound like you had a fan-freaking-tastic weekend! Jealous over here.

Umm highlight of my weekend would probably be finally feeling better after dealing with a cold since Wednesday. Sorry, no exciting weekend highlights from me.

9 Hollie @lolzthatswim(andrun) May 19, 2011 at 1:11 am

Um totally jealous!! I want to be twinnies with you guys! You will finish and do awesome even though your injury. Hopefully I’ll get to see you!

10 lindsay May 19, 2011 at 2:06 am

what a great time! I love all the fun pics. Knock out those glasses fast and rest up for your race.

11 Rach @ This Italian Family May 19, 2011 at 2:19 am

Um, those shorts = amazing! Love ‘em! I would totally wear those, no joke. Also, Chase Michael is one gorgeous little boy!

12 mego@watchmegorun May 19, 2011 at 2:46 am

Those shorts are so fun! As long as you have your running twin, you’ll have fun and that’s all that matters! Glad you had a good weekend, minus the sick part. I had an amazzzzing weekend. I did a racecation in san fran!

13 runyogarepeat May 19, 2011 at 3:15 am

Perfect outfits! The baby is SO cute. I’m staying with my cousin’s family the next two weeks and am so excited to hangout with their 2 year old and another one on the way (in 2 months!).

14 wnk505 May 19, 2011 at 11:47 am

I know you did that with your hair because your trying to start the next new fad right??

Where did you get that colorful shirt it is so cute! Good luck this weekend at the half marathon. My parents live in Williamsburg but I will be in Richmond at the PowerSprint Triathlon. It would be cool to meet you one day though.

15 Colleen May 19, 2011 at 12:01 pm

Where on Earth did you get that top?! I love it!

16 Alyssa May 19, 2011 at 12:27 pm

it’s from a store in Florida called Sei!

17 Jess@atasteofconfidence May 19, 2011 at 4:46 pm

Glad you had a good weekend! Love the shorts.

18 happytalesblog May 20, 2011 at 10:50 pm

omg i’d so catcall you from the sideline if i were a spectator for your race! LOVE THEM SHORTS!

btw, tall Andrew must be DAYUM tall… holy smokes! B/c I knnnow you are just as tall as me… bah!

19 Sami June 2, 2011 at 3:02 pm

I ADORE your white splattered dress! where did you find something so cute?!

20 Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) June 18, 2011 at 7:52 am

YOU ARE JUST GORGEOUS! and I want your dress..

21 Alyssa June 18, 2011 at 3:51 pm

dear carrie, thank you for always letting me count on you to boost my self-esteem. ;)