Beachin’ It for Memorial Day

May 31, 2011 · 22 comments

Warm weather makes living at the beach so. much. fun.

Okay, yeah, I’ve lived in Virginia Beach for a year now, but this is the first summer I haven’t had to work holidays and weekends. And I finally live right by the oceanfront. So NOW I actually get to play on the beach.

Not that I’m psyched or anything.

And look who else showed her pretty face!

Our day started bright and early… Lisa-Marie and I stocked up the cooler and jumbo bigdog “I’m not messing around” cooler with some margaritas…

this thing’s serious.

We had some nice LisaRee and Alyssaloo snuggle time…

We deemed splits in the sand as underrated…

And we learned certain awesome green beach chairs don’t last three years. So sad.

We spent allll day on the beach. After beach activities came dinner and drinks on the oceanfront. Look how nice we clean up!

and look… the new Bud Light labels you can draw on!

all day beach activities make us sleepy…

My homegirl Ensley would have loved the awkwardness that was my encounter on the Virginia Beach strip.

Here we were, driving to dinner, and a young man approaches my window. Confused, I hit the button to roll down the window (is it still “rolling” down the window if you push the button?). He gave me a wordless 5 second staredown, reached across, and hit me with a flower he most certainly picked off the sidewalk.

And then I jumped out of my car, into his arms, and we skipped off into the sunset.

Singing Ke$ha.

But really, the first part really did happen. It’s a shame this guy didn’t end up on this season of The Bachelorette. He would’ve fit in so well with the rest of those clowns.

That’s a real poll on abc.com. Yes, I’m serious.

More weekend recaps to come later… and guess who I got to go visit? Here’s a hint.. she’s got dark hair, she’s become SO well behaved, and I was covered in slobber after I arrived to visit.

Wait, no… not her.

That one.

1 Claire @ Live & Love to Eat May 31, 2011 at 3:09 pm

So jealous that you live so close to the beach! Hope you and the pup are getting along well! ;)

2 Jonesy May 31, 2011 at 3:10 pm

Ummm…forget trying out for the Bachelor it looks like one of them has already given you a rose! So romantic!

3 movesnmunchies May 31, 2011 at 4:22 pm

abahahh wait i honestly thought that flower story was true at first… wudnt that be lover-ly!

DANG GIRL i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee da beach! and ur TAN and ur bikini.. u look SMOKIn!

4 Danielle May 31, 2011 at 4:28 pm

That guy was really playing the romantic card by throwing a flower at you! : )
Jealous that you live so close to the beach!

5 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn May 31, 2011 at 5:26 pm

Pretttty girl:) THIS IS OUR SUMMER ACTIVITY take me out on the town girl!

6 megpinkgiggles May 31, 2011 at 5:42 pm

sounds like you had an awesome memorial day! That puppy is soooo cute :)

7 mego@watchmegorun May 31, 2011 at 5:51 pm

Take me to the beach with youuuu. so jealous! When does chloe come home??

8 Alyssa May 31, 2011 at 6:06 pm

She gets spayed on Thursday, but she’ll be home soon after! FINALLY!

9 Colleen May 31, 2011 at 6:44 pm

So much fuunn!! I really need to get my act together and come play. My brother and my cousin are both in VB! I envy your beach life :)

10 myhighonlife May 31, 2011 at 6:48 pm

SO envious of your beach extravaganzas.. and that beach bod! I miss seeing Chloe’s face around here on the blog… she’s so cute!!

while the masked dude is weird.. there are some real winnners too I think. I’d take Ryan, JP, West, or Mickey. or alll of them? Yeah, I think that’s a good choice.

11 Hollie @lolzthatswim(andrun) May 31, 2011 at 8:23 pm

BAHAHA. You are hilarious. That man with the flower is certainly something that would happen in my life. Twinnies.

12 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) May 31, 2011 at 8:40 pm

I’m so jealous I think I might cry. Envious Emma is not a pretty sight! :P

YOU ARE SO GORGEOUS and I want your life :)

13 Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons May 31, 2011 at 9:30 pm

puppy photos are now mandatory in every post of yours from now on out =) deal?

looks like a blast! I wish I cleaned up that well after a beach day! <3

14 Jenny May 31, 2011 at 11:11 pm

Love all the beach pics! I got some nice beach time this weekend too, the Keys were great :)

15 cupcake dynamite June 1, 2011 at 2:50 am

BAHAHHAHAHAHA I love the end. and seriously envious you got to be with my bff + the beach this weekend, but maybe more so (okay, definitely so) of your marg cooler. CANNOT WAIT TO COME :D

-courtney

16 Rach @ This Italian Family June 1, 2011 at 2:58 am

Oh my goodness, I am so jealous you’ve been on the beach this weekend! Well, I mean, you live there, but that you actually got to spend so much time soakin’ up the sun! We spent the weekend with Christopher’s family and decided that our next family vacay has got to be the beach because he, his mom and I all love it so much, haha! :) Aaanyway, looks like you had the best time, girl! So glad you got to enjoy the beach/friends! :)

17 kbwood June 1, 2011 at 4:57 am

yall are SO FREAKING CUTE! I am so jealous yall were at the beach! so glad you had a blast!

18 tinkerbelle86 June 1, 2011 at 9:02 am

oh that pup is adorable hun!

19 Sami June 1, 2011 at 4:48 pm

jealous of your beachfront home ! glad you had a great weekend with awesome friends. <3

xo.

20 Mel (mmmstories) June 1, 2011 at 5:14 pm

Your beach adventure looks wayyy fun – I must learn some of those moves! So jealous.. I need a tan ASAP!

21 Sophia @ Raven Waves June 1, 2011 at 6:59 pm

Yay for being able to hang out at the beach!! I’m definitely going to try to go to ours in Chicago sometime soon! :)

22 wnk505 June 2, 2011 at 11:27 am

You make me want to move back closer to va beach. I love the flower story. Guys do the craziest thing but I really think its so we can be entertained.