A Treadmill Not Built for Tall Kids

May 27, 2011 · 28 comments

Jamie quit her side job recently, which makes me happy, cause I get to have more post-work workouts with her!

Yesterday, I decided it was time for my first run since the Run for the Dream Half Marathon. When Jamie mentioned she was wanting a short, easy run day, too, I skipped out of the office and drove to her house.

I tagged along as a “guest” to her new gym. I was anxious to check out this newer gym in town, since my membership at the Y just ended. I need a new gym membership stat.

But… check out the bar on this treadmill.

nice height for Jamie…

not so nice height for moi.

So, here I am, partaking in a nice easy run on this tread with the eye-level bar of death, trying to check out my surroundings.

This was my view.

Scroll back and forth from picture to picture. Now you know why I almost had a seizure mid-run.

Mean treadmills. I prefer the ones with the any view.

For obvious reasons, I think my new membership will be to this gym.

After our workout, I headed to Walmart to buy some Memorial Day party essentials. I was pretty attempted to snag this baby for only $300!

Who doesn’t want this baby in their backyard?

Whatcha think,  Dad  Mr. Landlord? ;)

And let it be known that Mariah has it COMPLETELY right. A smoothie comes out best when you take care to add ingredients in the right order.

In this baby…

- sugar free chocolate syrup
- just enough skim milk to get things movin’
- chocolate protein powder
- frozen raspberries
- xanthan gum for thickness
- 1 handful spinach
- 8 ice cubes
- 1 packet Splenda

Add the frozen fruit, protein, chocolate, Splenda, and a pinch of the xanthan gum first, followed by spinach, then ice cubes. Pour in skim milk and blend until smooth. Then, another pinch of the xanthan gum and blend again.

Chocolate covered raspberries in smoothie form? Is anyone else craving a Rita’s gelati?

Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend, ever’bady. We’ll be backyard partying to celebrate!

1 Kat May 27, 2011 at 3:41 pm

Not even kidding, my daddy has that pool for my little bro and sis. They love it :) as for the treadmill, there is no way I would be able to stay on there and run!

2 Jenny May 27, 2011 at 3:52 pm

I love cardio equipment with a nice view too, that’s how my college gym use to be. Loving that chocolate smoothie, looks delicious :D

3 theAlmostRunner May 27, 2011 at 3:53 pm

hahah that treadmill is crazy. i can’t think about anything right now because i’m at home with my PARENTS and i’m excited. sorry for this ridiculous comment. maybe shouldn’t hit post … ehhhh it’s fine.

4 Alyssa May 27, 2011 at 4:01 pm

I think we were separated at birth.

5 Colleen May 27, 2011 at 4:07 pm

What party is complete without a blow up pool?!

My gym just got ‘mills like that and the bar literally makes me want to vomit. Who gets motion sickness when running on treadmills with poorly placed bars? This girl.

6 cupcake dynamite May 27, 2011 at 4:44 pm

LOL so funny that I’ve never noticed the bar issue. BAHAHA. So fun yesterday!! My phone is DUNZO (hate you verizon)…I’m stomping in there with my hands on my hips tomorrow morning!! The video you sent me= AMAZING. I’m obsessed. :) Crossing my fingers! If you need anything for tomorrow fbook me! xo

7 Claire @ Live & Love to Eat May 27, 2011 at 4:58 pm

I bought one of those pools on a smaller (more pathetic) scale one year and my landlord (father) was not happy with the way it destroyed his grass. At least it was an even circle!

8 Alyssa May 27, 2011 at 5:18 pm

hahah! this calls for a really big potted plant. or a tree.

9 Dad May 27, 2011 at 7:40 pm

How about a hose and a sprinkler?

Love, Dad

10 Mom May 27, 2011 at 8:19 pm

Maybe you could get the pool and then just borrow the elephant palm you and Anna loved so much at Ulster Drive?
xo

11 Hollie @ Lolzthatswim(andRun) May 27, 2011 at 9:21 pm

Please judge me so much but I just literally spent about 5 minutes scrolling back and forth going dear god that is a problem ah.

I’m glad you were able to get a lovely run in today. :) I sadly have to go to the lab at TCC tomorrow to take my online class test. Seriously who the hell makes it on a weekend, and on a weekend with a holiday. Cray cray.

12 myhighonlife May 27, 2011 at 9:43 pm

that is the most awkward treadmill ever! I would be too tall for it too. Looks like a fun gym otherwise though. I’m craving a smoothie.. something about summer=daily smoothies!

13 Mariah@Apples"N"Oats May 27, 2011 at 9:58 pm

I dont even understand whatheheck that bar is for…boat view wins hands down!I’m glad your smoothie worked out for ya:)

14 Lindz @ happyorhungry May 28, 2011 at 12:30 am

Thank you for commenting on my blog so I could discover yours!
I would not be down with that treadmill bar at all…so weird!
I wish it was sunny here so I could be backyard partying!

15 sara @ the foodie diaries May 28, 2011 at 1:33 am

Hiii! I just stumbled across your blog from Colleen’s and I just wanted to tell you how much love it! :) Looking forward to reading more posts in the future! xoxox

16 Alyssa May 28, 2011 at 3:30 am

yaaaayyy!! lots of love to you, sara.

17 Rach @ This Italian Family May 28, 2011 at 12:25 pm

Hahaha! That bar on the treadmill is awful! It’d drive me nuts!

Aww, I remember when we used to have a little kiddie pool in our backyard (you know the 5 foot in diameter ones that are like 1 foot deep)… we used that far past our “kiddie” years… :P

18 Kace May 28, 2011 at 2:48 pm

I never got into the gelati. I’m not huge on water ice though. I just prefer choc/vanilla swirl soft serve, extra sprinkles. (and yes I say sprinkles even though people from philly are supposed to say jimmies).

19 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 29, 2011 at 2:58 pm

JIMMIEEESSSS!

20 cottercrunch May 28, 2011 at 5:35 pm

more jenny. and poor you. I would get dizzy looking up and down from the bar, haha. I’m all about a treadmill with a view!

21 mindrunningwild May 28, 2011 at 9:28 pm

that’s terrible!! I hate looking at stationary things when I’m moving up and down. Same reason why it’s hard for me to look at a watch while I’m running. I hope it worked ouut okay. and that you join a gym that has good views :)
chocolate covered berry smoothie? count me in!

22 Katie May 29, 2011 at 7:07 am

wait whatttt? I just tried to convince tall man he needed an inflatable pool in his backyard to keep himself (myself) entertained all summer after spotting the (5/6 y/o) neighbors pool.
Why am I not home? I need constant reminders in the summer months :(

23 Amy @ countrystrong21 May 29, 2011 at 10:43 pm

Um wtf is the point of a bar up there?? Do you know? If not someone needs to explain it to me because I see no point. Well other than making it’s users sick.

24 Sophia @ Raven Waves May 30, 2011 at 1:05 pm

Haha!! Love that you bought that pool! Have a wonderful Memorial Day, girl!

25 what katie's baking May 30, 2011 at 5:06 pm

hahaha poor girl on your tall person treadmill!
that smoothie looks deeeliissh!

26 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn May 31, 2011 at 1:00 am

I love you. You’re pretty. I can’t wait to hang out with you/go dive bar crawling/tan/run on the beach this summer!! Slash I would definitely have a seizure on that thing I have a major fear of heights

27 samsungunlockcodes May 31, 2011 at 6:51 am

lifeofblyss.com is awsome, bookmarked!

unlock nokia