Yeah, We’re Fancy.

April 12, 2011 · 40 comments

I had quite the weekend in Hilton Head Island, South Carolina.

fancy shmancy

But let’s get serious, who wouldn’t be down for a weekend of sunshine, beach activities, dancing, drinks, and fancy dresses at a tropical Hilton resort with a bunch of Sig Ep goofballs from UGA?

the first beach lovin’ of 2011. ah yeah!

If you’re thinking that clipboard of fun is right up my alley, you’re oh so right. And I think this group is officially my favorite bunch of goofballs.

We’re starting a club for social unacceptability.

Especially Matt, cause he gave my blog some lovin’ (everyone in my life who gives some props to the blog gets extra brownie points, duh).

we planned a run. it may not have happened.

I like them. Even if they are all Braves fans.

After some fun activities around the hotel on Friday night and a fun day at the beach on Saturday, it was time to get gussied up for the Sig Ep formal of 2011.

And guess who found herself a hair CHAMPION? This giiiirl!

[That's right. The Phils defeated the Braves 10-2 on Saturday, so I naturally donned my Phils apparel and my "I'm from a South Jersey suburb outside of Philadelphia" proud face. They were unimpressed. I loved every minute of it.]

I went with the “side-favoring” bun to go with my one-shoulder dress.

Dear Becca, you’re a huge life-saver. Thank yooooou!

Once we were all ready-eady, we took lots of pictures and got ourselves ready for some dancin’.

Ready to rock.

Thomas and I rocked that dance flo’!

Sig Ep love.

It was so good to see these guys haven’t changed since I saw them last.

the first time we all met. awww.

I am aware my date’s the bomb.com. he got me Andre.

the Hilton entertained us with their really creative birdie statues…

and danced with this cutie… (her name is Dallas. how cool?)

our table of fun

It all ended too soon on Sunday when I had to drive back home. And now it’s back to the grind of work and runs. Hello, real world. I haven’t missed you one bit.

On the upside, I get to spend time with some of my favorite girlfriends this upcoming weekend. Aren’t weekdays so much better when you’ve got something to look forward to?

And Lisa-Marie gets lots and lots and lots of love for staying with my baby all weekend. My favorite update I got from her was, “I don’t know how you get anything done.”

Chloe and her favorite weekend babysitter

That’s the thing… I don’t. ;)

“DON’T YOU EVER LEAVE ME. EVER AGAIN.”

Chloe’s frantic jumps made it clear she was a little put off by my weekend departure.

Tonight, Mama Gin is coming to VA Beach to pick up Chloe to take her to Boot Camp where she will be trained for 4-6 weeks with her breeder. The coolest part? She gets to do it with her doggy mom. I’m really going to miss her while she’s off learning how to be a lady.

I was especially thankful for her upcoming training when she jumped up towards the stove this morning and TURNED A BURNER ON. Yowza.

Did you get to experience Greek Life in college? I was an officer of my “Society,” (Delphi, whatwhat!) but we didn’t have Greek Life. I’m feelin’ like I totally missed out.

Need some new tunes? I probably listened to my new favorite song about 30 times on my drive this weekend. I was also introduced to some sa-weet dance music. Download Digital Love by Daft Punk, Dirty Talk by Wynter Gordon, Hello by Martin Solveig & Dragonette, and Give Me Everything by Pitbull. And then get ready to dance.

1 Kimberley April 12, 2011 at 1:45 pm

Wow, it looks like you had so much fun!!! Your hair and dress looked gorgeous and I am totally jealous of the beach.

I love weekends when I have something to look forward too, makes them that much better :)

2 Sable@SquatLikeALady April 12, 2011 at 1:54 pm

It looks like you had suuuuch a good time! And you look SO great!

I love having weekend plans :) It really gives shape to my week!

3 getalivingsense April 12, 2011 at 1:57 pm

Yay!!! I’m glad you had fun! Sounds like it was an awesome trip! Being back to reality is always quite the bummerrrr. Also, Chloe is so freakin’ cute, can you please post a billion more pics of her. thank you ;)

4 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) April 12, 2011 at 1:58 pm

Girl you are HAWT stuff!! You look SO gorgeous in that lovely dress, and your hair is BEAUTIFUL :) And awwww how could you leave that cute lil’ face?! Adorable!!

5 cupcake dynamite April 12, 2011 at 2:04 pm

SO PRETTY!!!! I’m glad you had fun, definitely a good hair choice! If you need any curling done in VB I’m your girl. LOL @ chloe learning to be a lady, love that puppy. college cheerleading was enough of a sorority for me… ;)

6 Alyssa April 12, 2011 at 2:11 pm

Jamie, let’s have an “attempt at curling Alyssa’s hair” night. k?

7 Parita @ myinnershakti April 12, 2011 at 2:09 pm

GO DAWGS!!!! :) And I loveeee your hair like that! So feminine and pretty!

8 Jess (In My Healthy Opinion) April 12, 2011 at 2:31 pm

You look gorgeous!! :) Love the dress AND swim suit — where’d you get it?!

9 Alyssa April 12, 2011 at 5:55 pm

the dress was from cache (my ALWAYS go-to for formalwear) and the suit is from Vic Secret… as are 97% of my bathing suits. ;) when I like a brand, I stick to it!

10 LM April 12, 2011 at 2:34 pm

CHLOE!!!! I can’t wait to be roomies with you can my little Chloe-bee. I miss her already and so so happy you had a blasty-blast. Be safe again this weekend with your girly-gals!

11 Sophia @ Raven Waves April 12, 2011 at 2:42 pm

Aw, your hair looks great! Looks like such a fun time. I skipped sorority life in college. Just wasn’t for me :)

12 vixter2010 April 12, 2011 at 3:03 pm

Haha looks really fun and loving the pink dress! Glad you had a lovely time, I’m always wishing the weekaway. Aw your dog must have been pleased to see you :)

13 Freckled Foodie April 12, 2011 at 3:13 pm

ugh! so pretty! :)

looks like you had a blast! i’m jealous of your beach time!!

xo.

14 alex April 12, 2011 at 3:14 pm

you look great in hot pink!!!! looks like you had so much fun!!!!

15 Carmelita Sorrentino April 12, 2011 at 4:00 pm

Great for article. My opinion this post is interesting . I like your article this site. I need to know how can I subscribe to your blog?. I will be follow you blog each 4 days.

16 Katie April 12, 2011 at 4:42 pm

1. you’re gorgeous
2. I’m jealous of your weekend
3. I want to be friends with this apparently day drinking beach going group of humans
4. I’m supposed to be doing work but they don’t pay me so suck on thattttttt.

17 Alyssa April 12, 2011 at 5:56 pm

hahahaha. oh, katie, this made my day.

18 Jess April 12, 2011 at 5:09 pm

My boyfriend and best friends are in Sig Ep! How funny:) They just had formal this past weekend.

19 Hollie @ Lolzthatswim(andRun) April 12, 2011 at 5:11 pm

Dayummm girl. You look gorgeous!

20 ihearteggs April 12, 2011 at 6:51 pm

I LOVE that pink dress!

I never was into greek life MYSELF… but attended many a party. :)

21 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries April 12, 2011 at 6:54 pm

You’re a freaking bombshell. That is all.

Wait, I lied. That’s not all. I did partake in sorority festivities (alongside Ashley Jones (Oh, Jones..)) It was fun most of the time! And dramatic 100% of the time. My best friend is my sorority sister and I tell her that she’s the most expensive thing I’ve ever bought ;)

22 Alyssa April 12, 2011 at 7:49 pm

ahaha, I LOVE this, and I LOVE Ash Jones.

23 movesnmunchies April 12, 2011 at 8:12 pm

AHHHHHHHHH I WANT YOUR LIFE!!??
ps.. hot body much?

24 Kace April 12, 2011 at 9:27 pm

Love the Happ shirt ha, I hearted him. Even with his balding head! I wish we’d have gotten rid of blanton instead…

25 Alyssa April 13, 2011 at 12:16 am

let’s talk about it.

…right now as he pitches. haaha

26 Shanna, like Banana April 12, 2011 at 9:33 pm

Hair turned out fab!

I was in Tri-Delt Freshman year but then it just didn’t work with my rigourous class schedule so I dropped out..sometimes I wish I had stayed.

27 amanda April 12, 2011 at 9:38 pm

i wish philadelphia looked like hilton head. it’s soooo dreary here. all sorts of rainy and chilly. bah!

killer pink dress. and even more killer that you’re reppin’ your phillies shirt.

28 what katie's baking April 12, 2011 at 10:05 pm

giiirlll you are GORGEOUS!!
love that dress. you look like you had an amazing time! witcha skinny little beach body!!
i just gave you an award on my blog because you ROCK! :) http://www.whatkatiesbaking.com/2011/04/versatile-blogger-award-sally-lunn.html

29 Jenny April 12, 2011 at 10:31 pm

Hotness! I am loving that purple bathing suit, you are seriously rocking it. You’re gonna have to give me some ab exercises ;)

30 Alyssa April 13, 2011 at 12:17 am

I’m actually planning on doing a vlog with these!

31 simplyshaka April 13, 2011 at 1:52 am

A) You look stunning in that pink dress–hot mama!!
B) I want Chloe and Lincoln to be boyfriend/girlfriend, he likes bigger girls who are dark haired!
C) I was in a sorority and love it–those were some of the best times of my life. Can I please go back, like, now??

32 Jenn @ Peas & Crayons April 13, 2011 at 1:59 am

awwwwwwww chloe!!!!! =) she missed her momma!!!

your side bun rocks my socks! this is one of my fav hair styles but soooo hard to do myself! lucky girl for having a fab friend that can style! =) you guys looked ahhhhmazing! <3 obv you had a blasssst!

33 fashionfitnessfoodie April 13, 2011 at 2:31 am

Omg SOOO cute…the dog not you ;) Just kidding – you look gorge!!!
So glad you had a good time…now get back to blogging.

34 applesnoats April 13, 2011 at 2:53 am

awww looks like you had tons of fun!!!!one of my good friends is a DG at uga and I absolutly love visiting her!

35 Ali April 13, 2011 at 2:46 pm

It looks like you had so much fun!! I love your dress and hair! :)

36 myhighonlife April 13, 2011 at 3:11 pm

You are absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Great dress, great hair! Glad you had a good time, but glad to have you back too.

Chloe. is. so. cute!

37 Amy @ countrystrong21 April 13, 2011 at 3:39 pm

It looks like you had a fantastic weekend. And may I just add that you looked beautiful in that dress. Not that you aren’t always beautiful ;)

Aw you’re little Chloe girl is growing up so fast!

38 snackgirlgoeshealthy April 13, 2011 at 9:53 pm

You are SO pretty! I love how your friend did your hair!
That’s awesome that you have a close group of friends that you can go to! :)

39 This Italian Family April 14, 2011 at 3:14 pm

Oh girl, it looks like you had SO much fun! Seriously making me miss my college days now, haha! You are gorgeous, by the way. And I love your hair and dress and all of it. So great. :)

40 happytalesblog April 14, 2011 at 9:45 pm

Holy monkeybrains i am SO excited to check out those new tunes you suggested…. i’ve been in the need of some new jams! Esp with the 26.2 miles coming up –there’s nothing more motivating than good music!

Also, your beach weekend looked like sooooooooooo much fine!!! I hope there’s more dancing in store this weekend… b/c i’m in some major need of a night of dancing!!!