I like awards. Who doesn’t? It’s like someone turning to you, patting you on the back (or giving you a major league butt slap), and telling you you’re awesome.
I think my first award was in 4th grade. My teacher entered all of our class in an ad design competition for a local restaurant, and I won, got to go to an awards ceremony, and I met World B. Free, a legendary basketball player.
Not that I had any clue who the heck he was. In fact, I’m not even really sure now.
To accept this award, I’m supposed to supply you with 7 tangents about me… enjoy this narcissistic rant.
7 Random Facts about me:
1. I used to have a life dream of owning a monkey and teaching it sign language. Monkeys just crack me up… and ever since our trip to study Spanish in Costa Rica a few summers ago, I learned they like me, too.
HOWEVER, I just finished the book Water for Elephants (yes, it IS fantastic, and thank you to Jamie for the idea), and have changed my life dream. I now want to own an elephant. Just go with it. Don’t crush my dreams.
2. I may not know how to tie my shoes properly. Recently, Anastasia watched my tie my running shoes. Her words were “Wait… are you serious?” Then my mom watched me do it, and she made fun of me. Which is ironic, ’cause shouldn’t it be her fault I don’t tie my shoes right? Geez!
3. I have the most obnoxious allergies of anyone I know. No allergies to food, but probably every environmental allergy one can have. I’ve probably racked up about 29 sinus infections in my lifetime, I’ve taken two pills plus a steroid nasal spray for my allergies for as long as I can remember, and I now get biweekly shots in my arms. Winning!
4. I’m a neat freak.. buut I’m a closet slob. I need everything to look perfect on the surface, but.. uhh, don’t check any drawers. Cause that’s where I’ve stashed all my mess.
5. I’ve had a slight (okay, not so slight) “thing” for Jesse McCartney since I was about 13. I’m currently composing my love letter to him about how I’ve loved him for three years, we’re perfect for each other, and how my life plans include a lifetime of duets and living happily ever after. With the elephant.
6. I’ve never posted my personal records on here together, but I’m hoping to break them sometime soon. If my darned right shin starts feeling better, that is. Anastasia, Rob, and I are going all out for our half marathon in Williamsburg on May 22 (our last half before the FULL!), and my goal (pre-injury) was a sub-1:40 half marathon time. Right now, my PRs stand at 1:42 for a half marathon and 21:18 for a 5k. The best part about my 5k PR? I didn’t train for it, I drank wine the night before, and I won 1st in my age group. Wheee!
7. When I lived in England as a kid, I went to a private school with “really cool” uniforms. I looked real special.
And by special, I mean special.
You’re welcome for those. I have no shame.
Go ahead. Gimme something random about you.