Vacay, I Hate You When You Go Away.

April 27, 2011 · 23 comments

Sorry I’m a big jerk. I took a nice selfish break from life for a little rendezvous in Myrtle Beach for Easter.

I skip on the beach. because I love it so.

And it waaas gloooorious!

My friend Bethany joined me on our adventures. Aaaand Bethany is hysterical. Honestly. I should let her guest post on here at some point, because ya’ll would love her.

I was made for beach bumming.

Sand was played in outlets were dominated, books were read, washers were played, beach jogs were had, wine glasses were painted, wine was consumed…

Seriously. Could there be another perfect vacation with my name written all over it? I’ll provide you all with a photo-filled recap of our Easter getaway.

I found a sa-weeeet coozie at a potty stop along the way.

We had a totally unplanned Target matching
V-neck moment on our beach jog.

(Pronounced “yog.” With a silent J. Because I am Ron Burgundy?)

I bought some exciting new digs… see: shirt, purse, and bracelets.

We attended the best happy hour known to mankind: live band, a brewery, and…

SOFT PRETZELLSSSSS!

Do I get my love for food from my daddy?

Bethany lent a hand when there were more
important things to do than get ready.

And my parents’ buddies arrived for Easter…
My mom’s BFF, Andie, LOVES when she gets to be on the blog.

“We’re the two best friends that anyone can have”

The Bobs. Yes, they even have the same name.
And yes, my dad’s clearly making fun of my picture cheeses.

He’s jealous.

Then this pretty baby made an appearance on the beach.

I got a washers game for Christmas… aaaand it’s the best themed washers game ever.

I’m feelin’ some cookouts in my backyard soon. Phillies washers, cornhole, maybe a slip n slide… who’s in?

(Bobs vs. girls)

Just watch out. Cause when it comes to washers, I’m a ringer.

and then I’ll show you my victory dance.

And is anyone else obsessed with these reusable plastic cups WITH A STRAW?

I drink everything with a straw. And I was sold when I found this cute little Life is Good cup. Bethany and I used these babies for our coffee every day on the beach. Uh… win!

And then we dyed Easter eggs. Yes, I’m 23, and
no, I haven’t missed a year yet.

Easter dinner took place at Bonefish. I love, love, love that restaurant, and I never seem to live near one.

Holding hands on Easter. It’s what we do.

Please don’t scoff at me for not eating ham or lamb for Easter dinner. Cause my salmon with artichokes and goat cheese rocked my happy little world.

And don’t you worry, we didn’t forget to take beach pictures on our last night. And Bethany was so disappointed the whole clan wasn’t around to do the yearly white-and-khaki beach photo.

Maybe next time, Bethany.

And by yearly, I mean yearly. Check it out. Every August, the whole family comes to the beach. And we take a picture together. In our white and khaki.

This past August we gave the white/khaki combo a rest and wore shirts on honor of Poppop turning 90 years old. :)

I know you wish you were part of my fam.

1 Katelyn April 27, 2011 at 7:06 pm

Girl we are victory dance TWINS! We will play that game this summer and Kan Jam…we will be team Domination. I am jeal of your beach adventureeee esp the wine, I could use some fruity goodness right about now considering classes don’t end until June 10th. Did I mention I graduate in 56 days? Whatwhaaaat:) Will you make me a celebratory shot glass for my bday?!

2 Rach @ This Italian Family April 27, 2011 at 7:15 pm

Looks like SUCH a great little vacay!! Girl, you are the cutest! :)

3 Parita @ myinnershakti April 27, 2011 at 7:22 pm

What a fun vacay! I’m so glad you got to spend time with your parents and friends! You are adorable!!!

4 Lisa (I'm an Okie) April 27, 2011 at 7:38 pm

Looks like you had a blast!

5 Kimberley April 27, 2011 at 7:59 pm

Ok, so I am jealous of everything in this post!
YOU are beautiful girl– and your you have a beautiful family :)

Love love the beach, you are dark hollly moly, I need a tan back in my life immediately! And, I am in love with those cups, I have like 5 now– I keep seeing cute prints :) haha Im a sucker for cute things!!! The worst part of vacations are the end, however summer will be here in no time girl!

6 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) April 27, 2011 at 8:03 pm

I actually DO kinda wish I was a part of your fam (you guys are AWESOME!!), and I DEFINITELY wish I had one of those Poppop shirts!! :D

Aah your vacay looks like such FUN!! Seriously, can I come next time?! Love the victory dance too, and you look so GORGEOUS in every pic :)

7 Alyssa April 27, 2011 at 8:12 pm

Emma. You rock. And yes, next time, you’re totally invited.

8 Hollie @ Lolzthatswim(andRun) April 27, 2011 at 8:26 pm

You are hilarious. I’m glad you are having so much fun ( minus I was in Chesapeake and you weren’t). Oh yes and I’m doing the half girl!

I didn’t have ham or lamb for Easter either because I was traveling back to NY boooo.

9 movesnmunchies April 27, 2011 at 8:48 pm

THIS POST made my day- GIRL u ARE the party… and actually so am I.. so togetha we make a RAVE
that could totally be some modernized love song

10 Jenny April 27, 2011 at 9:02 pm

What an awesome vacation!! You are the life of the party girl, I gotta hang out with you for sure ;)

11 Amy @ countrystrong21 April 27, 2011 at 9:18 pm

This post brought some sunshine to my neck of the woods, so THANKS! :)

Next vacay you take want to take me with? ;)

12 runyogarepeat April 27, 2011 at 10:09 pm

Such fun pictures! I love the mugs, I need to get one for my iced coffee obsession.

13 oatsandspice April 27, 2011 at 11:07 pm

It looks like you had an amazing time in Myrtle Beach – I am super jealous! Sometimes I wish I lived rightttt by the ocean/water so I could run on the beach every morning :)

The family photos are ADORBS – what a cute fam!

14 applesnoats April 27, 2011 at 11:08 pm

awww all of these pictures are so cute!you are absolutely gorgeous!
I love my plastic cup/straw I swear it makes me drink 5 times as much water

15 Jenn @ Peas & Crayons April 27, 2011 at 11:31 pm

hehehehe love your victory dance! =) ummm move here! we’d have a blast! =)

16 fashionfitnessfoodie April 28, 2011 at 1:31 am

i am totally in for your backyard party if there is a slip n slide.

my family does the same combo pic… somehow i always have different color hair each year? weird.

glad you are BACK!!!

17 mego@watchmegorun April 28, 2011 at 2:55 am

Bahh, I want your tan and your abs! It looks like you had so much fun. I’m so jealous. I’m glad youre back, I missed your blog!

18 getalivingsense April 28, 2011 at 4:15 am

SO fun! I am pretty darn jealous of that beach vacay…and your awesome tan…and your sweet dance moves! :P I also LOVE those plastic cups w/ straws – sooo stinkin’ cute! I have missed your posts!

19 wnk505 April 28, 2011 at 11:20 am

looks like you had an amazing Easter. My family is def a beach family as well. I used to work at Bonefish so it was great seeing that picture posted!

20 Cait April 28, 2011 at 12:09 pm

haha yesssss i love this! what a great easter girl :) i ADORE myrtle beach and we used to do family reunions down there ALL the time (sad we can’t anymore) but i love the pics you posted! and that victory dance….girrrl you got it down haha!

21 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries April 28, 2011 at 12:55 pm

This post – happy dance and all – reaffirms the fact why Ashley and I need to make it a priority to come see you this summer. End.of.story.

22 ihearteggs April 28, 2011 at 2:15 pm

Love the photos! so jealous of yotu trip!!! I want sun and the BEACH. (i’d settle for less rain)

And I love my plastic cup with a straw!! it’s perfect! … the screwed on, spill proof lid helps too lol