Sound it out: Bijuju.

April 29, 2011 · 26 comments

Bijuju. Pronounced “Bee-zhu-zhu.” Aren’t you glad I spell everything out phonetically? You’re welcome.

A fantastic accessory boutique. If you’re in need of jewelry, watches, scarves, handbags, etc., check out the online shop. I went a little nuts at the outlets over Easter break, and I walked away with some fantastic little additions to my wardrobe.

Like this…

Mine’s a darker purpley-gray color, but I fell in love with this sucker. I rarely even carry purses anymore.. I’m a wristlet girl. ;)

I got these in a  cream/pale blue theme, but you get the picture. I’m a big fan of wearing two or three at a time.

Aaand my favorites. I have a big thing for birdies, as evidenced by something else I recently purchased..

forgive me. there’s no great angle for photographing a mirror hook.

A mirrored birdie hook. For me to hang my jeeewelry. Only $8 at a little shop in Salisbury, North Carolina. I’m gaga over it. Yup.

Speaking of my thing for birdies, I finally painted myself a wine glass! Is it weird that I’ve been so busy painting creations for everyone else, I’ve never painted my own?

dear flash. you’re killin’ me.

It’s hard to see how awesome this is with the poor photo quality in my poorly-lit room, but this baby will be making an appearance with me at Wine Fest in two weekends. Yes, that’s a birdie, yes, it’s yellow, and YES, there’s glitter on it. All my favorite things on one wine glass of heaven.

GUESS WHO ELSE IS COMING TO WINE FEST? With her own bLyss Designs glass?

DANA!

My college partner in crime. I can’t wait to REALLY introduce her to Virginia Beach and all my loves here.

And Lisa-Marie will be sporting a new glass at Wine Fest too! She requested I make this baby to match the dress she bought for the event.

let me see ya PEACOCK!

The whole time I painted this baby, I had Katy Perry’s song “Peacock” running through my head. It’s inappropriate. I may have sung it out loud. Sorry, Bethany.

My good friend Katie introduced me to this gem of a song. And just for you, Katie, I’ll include a live video of her performing this on Letterman.

Who agrees that little number should be my Halloween costume for next year?

1 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) April 29, 2011 at 3:37 pm

I LOVE those glasses!! Girl you are SOOO talented!! And I LOVE all your buys too!! Can you be my personal shopper please? ;)

2 Alyssa April 29, 2011 at 3:46 pm

done.

best. job. ever.

3 movesnmunchies April 29, 2011 at 4:37 pm

I LOVEE your wine glasses!! and shot glasses even more ;)

YES YES YES wow tha song iis catchy— im actually doing the shoulder dance while typng ths which is why there r a couple mistypios

4 Mary @ Bites and Bliss April 29, 2011 at 5:44 pm

Love the win glasses!! And YES! Be Lady GaGa for halloween!!

5 Katie April 29, 2011 at 6:55 pm

Ahhh, I do appreciate that video and that is such a good costume idea!! anything that can be made using a leotard as a base is a winner in my books. Also love the peacock wine glass i think its my favorite so far!

6 fashionfitnessfoodie April 29, 2011 at 7:10 pm

You are AWESOME! I really need to order a wine glass from you :)

Where is this wine fest you speak of? I saw one in VA this weekend but it didnt appear to be VA Beach and was thinking of going to it.. If its the same one ITS ON!

7 Alyssa April 29, 2011 at 7:37 pm

norfolk, norfolk!

8 thequirkykitchen April 29, 2011 at 7:19 pm

hey!! i love your blog! i’ll be back for sure :-)

9 runyogarepeat April 29, 2011 at 7:44 pm

I bought my mom hand-painted wine glasses for Christmas, too bad I didn’t find your blog before then! I may need to order some wine glasses for my new apartment this summer from you!!

10 Alyssa April 29, 2011 at 7:46 pm

wooohooo!

11 Jenny April 29, 2011 at 8:10 pm

Cute wine glass, I definitely need to be hooked up! And hellz yea for a Halloween costume, love it :D

12 Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons April 29, 2011 at 8:23 pm

bahahaha do it doooo it! <3 love the wine glasses! I used to make them in college also! =) Only for my roommates though — you have turned yours into quite the business! love it girl!!! Happy friday!

13 megpinkgiggles April 30, 2011 at 12:39 am

Love your new accessories! :)

14 Hollie @ Lolzthatswim(andRun) April 30, 2011 at 1:28 am

Wow that is so cool about the glass. Let both be Katy Perry Peacocks…no shame ha.

I love that comment about the hook lol. I just laughed for like 10 minutes.

15 Tara April 30, 2011 at 2:13 am

That glass is so cool! I have never heard the song peacock until now and I’m downloading it. It’s sort of addictive and I can pretend I’m wearing that outfit when I listen. It’s kind of amazing.

16 Amy @ countrystrong21 April 30, 2011 at 3:43 pm

You are one talented little lady when it comes to painting those glasses!

I’m thinking I should hunt for a wristlet since whenever I go out I always take things out of my purse and shove them in my pockets because I don’t want to carry/babysit my purse.

17 Alyssa April 30, 2011 at 3:46 pm

that was ALWAYS my problem going out. I definitely recommend it!

18 Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn April 30, 2011 at 4:09 pm

Wait Dana looks like so much fun!!! Haha you two are going to have a blast:) Slash I am obsessed with birdies too, that one reminds me of the twitter symbol!

Send me positive vibes for my half marathon tomorrow?!

19 Kimberley April 30, 2011 at 9:22 pm

Your glasses are absolutely amazing girl!

20 Sophia @ Raven Waves April 30, 2011 at 9:23 pm

I love these wine glasses!!! You’re so talented, girl!

21 myhighonlife May 1, 2011 at 2:02 pm

i am in LOVE with that peacock themed wine glass! I wish I was creative and artsy enough to make one myself–its beautiful & FUN! <–just like you! :)

22 mickiruns May 1, 2011 at 2:22 pm

love love love the goodies you got!! always a good time. i can’t control myself at outlets either…

23 Colleen May 1, 2011 at 5:15 pm

So, we need to figure out how I can purchase me some bLyss Designs wine glasses for my bachelorette party. Not kidding.

24 glutenfreemuse May 2, 2011 at 3:37 am

Just wanted to say hi and I love your blog, and your name!! I have a special affinity to those that share our awesome name, and can pronounce it correctly :-)

25 Brittany (A Healthy Slice of Life) May 2, 2011 at 1:26 pm

Love those earrings! And anything with feathers, really :)

26 cait May 2, 2011 at 11:05 pm

omg adore those glasses girl sooo cute! and those earrings are adorable as well! xoox