I’m A Movie Star.

April 6, 2011 · 42 comments

As most of you know, part of my job entails filming the kiddies around the pre-K through grade 12 school where I work. Today, I got to film the Kindergarteners giving their “college advice” for graduating seniors.

Kindergarten Girl: “Miss H, are you a movie star?”

I paused.

No, I’m clearly not a movie star. I just get to carry around a big camera. I work in a Development Office and work to raise money for a nonprofit school. But what does she care? In her eyes, I’m a movie star. So I gave in.

Me: “Yes, yes I am.”

let's get serious. I thought I was movie star material at 17 years old.

In jorts.

Cause, today, I feel like a movie star. And that little girl hit the nail on the head.

She might be my new best friend. šŸ˜‰

I also made a nice little purchase online this week. My freezer is now full of VITATOPS!

don't judge. they're so cheap when you buy them in bulk.

In my order, I got an assortment of flavors, including Triple Chocolate Chunk, Pumpkin Spice, Dark Chocolate with Pomegranate, and Apple Crumble.

best little deserts ever.

These little babies, which I learned about from Hungry Girl, are 100 calories and super low in fat. Pop ’em in the microwave, top with some froyo or yogurt with some chocolate sauce, and you’ve got yourself a sa-weeet treat.

Like VitaTops on Facebook for some sweet dealios.

not a hoarder. I just like 'em. okay?

It’s safe to say won’t be needing any more orders for a while.

By the way, go check out my GUEST POST on Carrie’s blog at Moves ‘N Munchies.

I think I’m pretty funny, and I completed her creative Q & A complete with videos and pictures here.

And tonight, I’m going to get a mani/pedi with Lisa-Marie.

Because that’s what movie stars do.

1 mickiruns April 6, 2011 at 5:42 pm

OMG that looks delicious. I’m starving, and PMS’ing, so chocolate is like proverbial crack right now.

Girl, you ARE a star. Let it shine šŸ˜‰

2 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) April 6, 2011 at 5:45 pm

AWW that’s so CUTE of that kiddo!! I’m not surprised- you sure LOOK like one! šŸ™‚

And those vitatops look DELISH!! The temptation of having that many would be too great though…I would eat them ALL! šŸ˜›

P.S. I want your freezer. Frozen raspberries, mango and vitatops?! HEAVEN! šŸ˜€

3 movesnmunchies April 6, 2011 at 5:45 pm

everyone is a LOVING your guest post šŸ˜€
UM…. that little girl is the coolest, end of story
vitatop heaven!!!

4 Little Bookworm April 6, 2011 at 5:49 pm

Found your blog from your guest post on Carrie’s. I thought your guest post was really creative and your blog is amazing! šŸ˜€

5 Danielle April 6, 2011 at 5:59 pm

I LOVE when my kiddos at school tell me I’m pretty or that I could be famous. I like to think so, too, but it’s nice to have a 10 year old reinforce what I already think. : ) haaaaaa.

6 Kimberley April 6, 2011 at 6:01 pm

haha aww thats super cute! hey we can all be a movie star sometimes (well in our dreams at least ;))

I have never had Vita tops I would like to try themmmmmm!!!!!!! They look delicious!

7 getalivingsense April 6, 2011 at 6:05 pm

Haha, yes you ARE funny! Loved the guest post. And I’m a little jealous of your freezer right now…all of those Vitatops PLUS frozen mango!! YUM

8 Kristina April 6, 2011 at 6:27 pm

ha-you movie star you!!!!
I’ve never had vita tops! Love the giant stock you got-that’s my kinda style!

9 Sophia @ Raven Waves April 6, 2011 at 6:29 pm

Haha! I love that you told her that you are a movie star! Definitely what I would have done too!

10 Mariah@Applesnoats April 6, 2011 at 6:34 pm

Hahaha love the picture!!!!….and vita tops…and frozen mango
Pretty much just love everything about this post!!!

11 Christine @ Merf In Progress April 6, 2011 at 6:36 pm

I <3 vita tops too. I haven't been able to stop buying the dark chocolate ones, in order to try other flavors. One of these days, I will branch out!

12 Anna Tate April 6, 2011 at 6:53 pm

WHADDA FLASHBACK that picture is. Our jorts are so Jersey, I can’t stand it. Also, I had no idea what a VitaTop was (and I think it’s a really nice play-on-words for the ever-so-detestable “muffin top”) and now I want ‘dem ALL. LOVE IT. and LOVE you.

13 Katelyn April 6, 2011 at 7:18 pm

Hahaha love you end of story. Slash my summer should be figured out in the next month or so, aka our beach run is happening in the near future whatwhaaaaat!

14 cbrady3 April 6, 2011 at 7:39 pm

hahah read your post on carrie’s and thought it was hilarious! Just sayin hi!

15 oatsandspice April 6, 2011 at 8:11 pm

Haha that is adorable that your student thinks you are a movie star – too cute!

And I am super jealous of your new vitatops stash – I just finished my last one! I needddd more šŸ™‚

16 Hollie @lolzthatswim(andrun) April 6, 2011 at 9:08 pm

BAHAHA. I pretend I’m a movie star all the time. Or a blogging star if that counts. I also have a few pairs of jorts, but they are too itchy for the VA beach hehe. šŸ™‚

17 Jenny April 6, 2011 at 9:12 pm

Wow that is one mega vitatop stash!! I found a little box at Costco but it only brought the dark chocolate flavor. I’m dying to try the rest out. Loved your guest post today! šŸ˜€

18 Claire @ Live & Love to Eat April 6, 2011 at 9:13 pm

Mmm, I tried Vitatops at the ADA conference a few years ago and thought they’d never take off – but they are yummy =)

19 Amy @ countrystrong21 April 6, 2011 at 9:27 pm

Aw that little girl sounds adorable. I definitely would have said I was a movie star too if that happened to me.

I’ve heard of Vitatops before but I don’t know what they actually are, or where I could get one or two to try. Could you enlighten a poor girl from Wisconsin who apparently lives under a rock?

20 Sable@SquatLikeALady April 6, 2011 at 9:34 pm

You are a total movie star! And your job actually sounds pretty rewarding too!!!

I LOVE vitatops. I just got vitabrownies….oh my GOD. So good!!!

21 Nicole @ Of Cookies & Carrots April 6, 2011 at 9:48 pm

ah where have ou been all my life! I lost the link to your blog and didnt have time to dig thru my comments… you are def a movie star in my book šŸ™‚ haha gotta love hammin’ it up for pics šŸ˜‰

22 Shanna, like Banana April 6, 2011 at 9:48 pm

I’m quite the fan of vitatops, especially the cornbread flavor. Super tasty!

23 Tara April 6, 2011 at 10:54 pm

I really want to try the pumpkin spice vitatops! That’s my favorite type of muffin EVER.
I love your movie start status. It makes me feel oh so special to be reading this.

24 Parita @ myinnershakti April 7, 2011 at 1:08 am

I have never tried Vitatops, but that is definitely about to change! The chocolate chunk one has my name all over it!

25 This Italian Family April 7, 2011 at 1:49 am

You have officially inspired me to try Vitatops… yup. It’s time. Now I just need to find them…

Also, just read your guest post on Carrie’s blog – cutest thing ever. šŸ˜€

Ps. You are totally a movie star in my book. šŸ˜‰

26 Ali April 7, 2011 at 3:30 am

Yum! I have akways wanted to try Vita Tops and still havent!! Hopefully I will be able to find some soon šŸ™‚ enjoy yours!!

27 happytalesblog April 7, 2011 at 3:40 am

Ohhh I love vitatops!!! They were on sale at the grocery store and I totally bought a box (although, my box only has like.. 5…you scored the motherload!!! hahaaa). Totally checking out your guest post rt now!

28 vixter2010 April 7, 2011 at 12:03 pm

Aw cute bless her. embrace the star within I say šŸ™‚

29 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries April 7, 2011 at 2:40 pm

Your guest post on Carrie’s blog was fab. I laughed out loud at your first (?) video about your hair looking better on one side. I feel the same way when my hair’s up! And Chloe is the cutest dog. Ever.

30 Fun Simple Sweet April 7, 2011 at 3:23 pm

Ahh I’ve never tried a VitaTop.. šŸ™ i need to get on that! they look so yummy! What flavors are the best?

31 myhighonlife April 7, 2011 at 4:43 pm

I absolutely LOVE VitaTops. So good and low-cal for a sweet treat. Have a good day ms movie star šŸ˜‰

32 Humor News December 20, 2011 at 10:59 am