Baby Blog No More. I Also Almost Died.

April 7, 2011 · 46 comments

Know what I love? When friends I haven’t talked to in ages approach me to tell me they follow this. Seriously, you guys are too cool. Keep coming outta the woodwork, cause I love hearing it.

We’re not going to talk about what I don’t love. Chloe’s interactions with the papazan chair this weekend weren’t so awesome.

Chloe – 1; Papazan Chair – 0

Bad girl.

“uh. wasn’t me?”

I’m thankful that chair had already seen better days. My friend Anna and I probably logged 80 hours in those chairs watching every episode of The O.C. as 8th graders.

I use the term “better days” loosely.

Speaking of Chloebear and her obedience, guess who is going off to Boot Camp next week? For what may be FIVE whole weeks? I’m excited for her. She’s going back to her breeder and learning how to be a lady. And she’ll alongside her mama, Kate.

You’re welcome, dear Papazan Chair.

I’m a Phan.

Victoria’s Secret may have gotten MLB apparel. And I may have used my Secret Rewards card to do work.

I have a valid excuse, though. I don’t live in Philly country. It’s hard for me to get my hands on some good Phillies gear, and I love Vic Secret clothes. Don’t rain on my parade and tell me this is out of hand. I like it too much.

Hanson Never Disappoints.

Why I haven’t heard their new single before today is beyond me, but my college roommate Dana sent me a bbm telling me I had to download “Give A Little.”

Can we saaayyy… “this baby’s gonna be played on repeat on my obnoxiously long drive this weekend?”

Cause it is. I have no shame. I’ll own this Hanson love.

Plus, they cut their hair. It’s now a little more socially acceptable to profess your love for them.

I almost died on Tuesday.

I’m also melodramatic.

I showed up to a little running group with my buddy Robby expecting a nice long run with some people who would probably push me to plug along a little faster. After a little warmup run, what words did I hear?

“Six 800 repeats. Two minutes in between. Let’s go.”

Let’s talk about speed training. I haven’t done a speed workout since high school track. I did suicides and punishment sprints in college field hockey.

Me and sprints? We don’t like each other. I don’t like them. They’re ugly, they’re mean, and they aren’t nice to my slow-twich muscle fibers. Although I was a sprinter in high school track (200m runners, whatwhat!), my natural ability definitely lies in long distance.

I wasn’t happy.

But I did it. And I’m happy I did it. My shins are not so happy I did it.

And ya know what? I ran with the faster group, and I didn’t come close to being last once. And then I kept a 7:30 minute pace for a 2.5 mile cooldown. Bam!

Q & A

I had entirely too much fun completing Carrie’s goofy Q & A for my guest post yesterday. And I wanna do it more.

So, give me some random questions I can answer just like I did on her blog. I’ll even make a fool of myself in some more shorty videos. Just for you. You’re gettin’ that fa sho. Fa sho.

’cause life’s no fun when you’re serious.

I’ll be on haitus from here till next week. Tonight Anastasia comes to me for a nice dose of friendship and wine, and tomorrow I’m headed on a rooooad trip to a fun formal. Thankfully, I’ve got my new tunes and Water for Elephants on audiobook. Ah, yeah!

Hit me with some questions to answer!
And really, let’s not get too serious here.

Do you incorporate speed training on a regular basis?
something tells me I need to start doing this.

What’s the most recent Audiobook you’ve purchased?
I’m a fan of the mindless Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella for car-listening. Cause dad likes me to focus on the road. We all know I’m the best driver ever. I don’t know what he worries about all the time.

1 Jenn @ Peas & Crayons April 7, 2011 at 4:48 pm

bahahahahahah omgggg My hubs wears my hair like a mustache =) that photo is the best! =)

You deserve the love darling! you rock! <3

2 Sable@SquatLikeALady April 7, 2011 at 4:56 pm

hahahahahaha that picture is HILARIOUS!!! Love it.

And Chloe has a HORRIBLE poker face. Just awful.

3 movesnmunchies April 7, 2011 at 5:09 pm

AHH YAY on your blog success! we all LOVE YOU!! and everyone LOVED LOVED LOVEDDDDD your guest post like crazy, which is no surprise at all!
I HATE springs outside but i can handle them on a treadmill… thats not to say i enjoy them.. but i deal… ! Question: if you were to transform into a fruit, which would you be and why?

4 Freckled Foodie April 7, 2011 at 5:09 pm

UGH. great. mlb attire from vs?! i just paid off my bill from there.
LOL.

xox.

5 meg o@ watchmegorun April 7, 2011 at 5:14 pm

Woot Woot, congrats on the blog love! Also way to rock at your speedwork. Now that its nice, I wanna hit a track and do some but I get scareeeed. You will love water for elephants!

6 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries April 7, 2011 at 5:15 pm

I was reading this post thinking “me too, me too!” I don’t write my blog for stats (even though “high” days are nice) but I can’t tell you how awesome it feels when people I don’t normally talk to, or haven’t seen since grade school, tell me they read my blog everyday. It’s just awesome! And, I hate sprinting. I think I’m a one-speed pony. A miniature pony – ’cause they’re more fun ;)

7 Hollie @lolzthatswim(andrun) April 7, 2011 at 5:24 pm

Girl your blog is da bomb.com. You deserve every single hit that you get on your blog. :)

8 Holly at Greek Yogurt and Apple Slices April 7, 2011 at 6:11 pm

AHHH 800m repeats?! Yikes. I used to HATE those when I had to do them for CC & track practice. But, you ROCKED them :D
I also love all of the VS sports line- they have such cute stuff!!

9 tinkerbelle86 April 7, 2011 at 6:15 pm

yay for you lady…. so glad to see people love you like i do!

10 fashionfitnessfoodie April 7, 2011 at 6:28 pm

OK now im convinced that we are twins!!!!!! I havent missed a hanson concert in the past 12 years! I have over 30 shirts. Weird? i think not. We ARE going to the next concert together. got it??

11 Alyssa April 7, 2011 at 7:15 pm

love. it.

12 Jen April 7, 2011 at 7:33 pm

I saw your guest post on Carrie’s blog, and now I’m following your blog too :)

13 getalivingsense April 7, 2011 at 8:23 pm

YAY!!! You ended up getting Water For Elephants! You’ll have to tell me what you think of it! I have never actually bought an audio book, but my most recent regular book purchase was the A Song of Ice and Fire series! :)

14 Alyssa April 7, 2011 at 11:20 pm

YES – THANK YOU for the recommendation! :)

15 cupcake dynamite April 7, 2011 at 8:45 pm

Congrats on your blognessss! :D and i LOVEEEE all that phils stuff! i’ve been staring at it online for days!!!!!

16 Kimberley April 7, 2011 at 8:53 pm

I have never bought an audiobook, but thats like such a good idea girl!!!!
Victoria secret = awesomeness!!!!! I really want to make an order soon, but shipping to Canada is kinda expensive so might as well buy alot hey ;)

17 Kace April 7, 2011 at 9:14 pm

Great sites for Phillies clothes:
barktees.com; cheesesteaktees.com, philavania.com, fastballfanatics.com, and of course phillies.com. Enjoy!

18 Katherine: Unemployed April 7, 2011 at 9:28 pm

great pictures; hanson really doesn’t disapoint. ever.

19 moveovercelery April 7, 2011 at 9:41 pm

Daaaaaaang woman. Way to kill your workout! Hearing the words “800 meter repeats” from my xc coach was always the last thing I ever wanted to hear!

congrats on the redonk amount of page views but your blog is awesome! and I agree- it’s fun to write! I’ve noticed that keeping a blog helps my composition/writing in class a ton!

20 Jenny April 7, 2011 at 10:00 pm

Yay congrats on your site stats!! Guess you are kinda like a movie star ;) I love reading your blog, your personality shines through and you are such a down to earth girl :D Keep blogging pleaseeee

21 Mariah@Applesnoats April 7, 2011 at 10:14 pm

Hahahaa hanson?ima have to look that one up!
You amaze me with your running stats…note to self:start getting faster!

22 Mandi April 7, 2011 at 10:21 pm

I found your blog yesterday after reading your guest post on Moves ‘N Munchies, and can’t tell you how happy I am that I did. :)
Awesome job on that speed work! I’ve actually never tried doing speed work (I’m pretty new to running), but it sounds hard! I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t intimidated.

23 Shanna, like Banana April 7, 2011 at 10:23 pm

Woot woot for new readers!

And here’s a random fact, I’ve danced at a club with Benjamin Mackensie from The O.C. ;)

24 Alyssa April 7, 2011 at 11:24 pm

WOW, am I jealous of you. :)

25 pawsitivelife April 7, 2011 at 11:16 pm

Phew! Im glad my dog is not the only naughty one. the stuff she put me through. congrats on your guest post

26 Brittany April 7, 2011 at 11:27 pm

You are awesome! And i lurrrrrv Hanon! yes it’s true :)

27 Aly April 8, 2011 at 12:10 am

Speed training is definitely a word that I use quite a bit, unfortunately. For running, I typically do at least two days of speed training or one day speed and one day push myself short distance (i.e. 800 repeats on a track, or the dreaded 1200 repeats…PUKE!) and then have one day long run, a rest day, then fill the rest in with cross training (i.e. yoga, rock climbing, weights, etc.) :)
Fun stuff! And speed work is definitely beneficial! ;)

28 what katie's baking April 8, 2011 at 2:27 am

giiirrll!! 800?? that’s awesome!! i’m so happy for you :o )
props to you for doing that CRAZY workout… you deserve all that vicky secret stuff after that!!! i wish i had your dedication… i’ll just live vicariously through you ;)

29 Tara April 8, 2011 at 2:36 am

I need to get my butt to VS. Btw I’m from Moorestown, just around the corner from Medford.
I love speed workouts! They’re hard as heck though. I have a whole bunch posted on my blog and I update it whenever I do a new one, so check it out if you ever want to change it up.
Congrats on your blog’s popularity! You deserve it :)

30 Jacq April 8, 2011 at 3:30 am

Money-saving trickity-trick for you:
Get a library card, rent audiobooks, and add them to your iTunes library.
BAM. Audiobooks.
I listen to them while I run, so I go through them quickly. So far I’ve run through the first 5 of the Harry Potter books. But I’ve added a lot of my other favorites…like To Kill a Mockingbird, The Giver, Brave New World, and a whole bunch of the political thrillers that I love so much (anything by David Baldacci).

800s? Eiw. You miiiight need to go shoe shopping, too. Just to reward yourself even more. I mean, your MLB gear is cool and all…but let’s get real…800s?! Never happening here, I can tell you that much. I will stick to my exercise combo of running, strength-training, and walking, thank you very much.

As for Little Miss Thing…she needs to check out this video of a guilty dog. She needs to practice these anguished facial expressions …

31 Alyssa April 8, 2011 at 2:59 pm

I’ve SEEN that!! so funny.

32 alex April 8, 2011 at 3:42 am

OHHHHHHHHH MY GOODNESS. i love hanson. this is amazing.

33 Bella April 8, 2011 at 8:08 am

wanna know a secret?
when i was 15, i was obsessed with Hanson. Their posters lined my bedroom walls from floor to ceiling. They were the first concert i ever went to, and i went despite a broken ankle and even made huge poster signs for them…
Yep, true story.
xoxo

34 vixter2010 April 8, 2011 at 9:29 am

Well done on the new fans, me being one woo :) I totally love your dog! Hanson hilarious, not heard about them in yrs I’ll have to check it out. Remember Mmmbop? Lol. Also I loved VS when I went to states and rumour has it, it’s coming to London soon yay.

35 unbelloaperitivo April 8, 2011 at 6:24 pm

Um, I totally hadn’t heard the Hanson song either! It’s supah catchy! It was a happy day when they finally cut their hair, haha.

I’ve been slacking in my interval training department, so I need to get back on that!

36 laurwilk April 9, 2011 at 1:45 am

Isn’t it great when you realize that people like you? That they REALLY like you?

I think it’s hilarious that VS sells all of this sports apparel now. Great idea on their part!

Questions, hmm.
What is your favorite thing about one of your siblings?
What is your dream career?
What is your favorite college memory?

37 Sophia @ Raven Waves April 9, 2011 at 6:30 pm

Congrats on 800 hits!!! That’s so amazing!

38 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) April 10, 2011 at 10:50 pm

YEAH girl!! It’s cos you and your blog ROCK!! And AWESOME speed workout!! Don’t forgeet to do those sassy taps then huh? :)

Question: If you had to choose one food to eat non-stop forever, what would it be? That’s a toughie I know! :P

Have fun with Anastasia!! :D

39 simplyshaka April 11, 2011 at 2:00 am

Well, duh, you rock, thats why we are reading your blog :)

Chloe is getting so frickin big! What happened to that little pup?? She is now a lady! A bad lady but still…..a lady. Lincoln puked on my sheets and my ottoman this wknd so I was a little peeved about the cleaning process but poor homeboy can’t help it.

Hope you have a nice wk :)

40 Stephanie @ lungesandlunch April 11, 2011 at 4:25 pm

Dude! I wrote about going to a Hanson concert in November!

I heart them and think they are severely underrated as a good band. We can be Hanson lovers together :) xo

41 Haughty by Nature April 12, 2011 at 11:50 am

Girrrrl, you are hitting the big time!

42 Claire @ Live & Love to Eat April 12, 2011 at 1:45 pm

I love love love the hairdo and all the dresses!

43 best forex review April 19, 2011 at 7:25 pm

Just thought I would comment and say great theme, did you code it for yourself? Really looks excellent!