Shambles of Rambles

March 16, 2011 · 26 comments

For your reading pleasure today, I’ll ramble.
AKA, I have nothing extensive or important to talk about.
Yooouuu’re welcome!

losing!

1. I’m so, so sick of Charlie Sheen. His news/the jokes are really not that funny anymore. Please stop saying “winning;” I’ve already heard the term used 83 times today.

(you! make! me! feel like I’m livin’ a..“)

2. Why, oh why do The Warblers on Glee not get a special practice space? They’re constantly singing their little hearts out in the halls of Hogwarts in their blue and red blazers. Those poor guys. Maybe the private school tuition doesn’t pay for a Glee club practice room (Katelyn, don’t wet yourself of excitement. I know you love Blaine. ;))

…and who else was FLOORED by last night’s episode? I have to say, the new relationship caught me totally off guard. “Whaaaa?

obsessed.

3. I could live off brownie batter and be content for the rest of my life. Don’t judge me. Everyone’s allowed a little guilty pleasure. Mine happens to be adding a little hot water to the powdery mix and eating it with a spoon.

brooooowwwniiiieeees!

Normal.

4. I’m a multi-tasking fiend. I wasn’t blessed with the attention span to do one activity at a time. I can thank my daddy for that.

You will almost never find me just watching T.V. or just eating or just painting wine glasses. You’ll probably find me doing all three at the same time. πŸ˜‰

5. I’m still trying to figure out the comment settings on WordPress. Maybe I’m alone in this, but I really like getting the automatic e-mail updates when someone answers a question I left in a comment on one of their posts. So, my questions to you, faithful commentors: do you get an e-mail answer when I reply? If you don’t, do you WANT one? And if you don’t get one and you DO want one, is there a way I can make these automatic? Help meh. πŸ™

6. Gerber daisies deserve more love. Growing up, I was a daisy lover like my mama. Since college, I’ve switched my sights to Gerber daisies. I love their bright, happy, simple beauty, and I have had prints of them in my bedroom since my freshman year at Catawba. Everyone loves tulips, roses, and lilies… but where’s the Gerber daisy love?

pretty little cuties.

That’s okay. I’ll be alone on this one. Love those bright colorful babies!

7. Speaking of flowers, did you know my name is derived from the Alyssum wildflower?

the sweet alyssum flower seed. πŸ™‚

I’m a wildflower!

wild thang, dun dun dun dun duuun. you make mah heart saaang...

8. My favorite naked fruit, as in the fruit I enjoy by itself the most, is the MANGO! I get so excited when these babies go on sale… like they were this weekend. You better believe I snagged a few, cut ’em up, and ate them straight. And I like the skins.

But the rest went in a delicious yogurt bowl!

peach 0% chobani, naners, and mango. gimme!

9. And, to round it all out, I’m pro-Phillies (to the extreme.. duh), anti-Yankees, pro-Carolina, and anti-Duke. I’m also Redskin and Cowboy hater, which makes life in Virginia Beach a little rough. πŸ˜‰

My favorite Phillie? J ROLL! Why? Because everyone likes Utley ’cause he’s attractive.

You rock, J Roll.

I’m half kidding. I love Jimmy Rollins because he’s always been an unsung hero of sorts. And I got to meet him as a kid and he was super nice.

10. And since today’s a kind of random day around here, I’ll leave you with this pearl of wisdom my mother sent to my gmail inbox:

Man is a woman’s best friend.
He will reassure her when she feels insecure and comfort her after a bad day.
He will inspire her to do things she never thought she could do;
to live without fear and forget regret.
He will enable her to express her deepest emotions
and give in to her most intimate desires.
He will make sure she always feels that she’s the most beautiful
woman in the room and will enable her to be confident,
sexy, seductive, and invincible.

No wait…… sorry……. I’m thinking of wine.
It’s wine that does all that.
Sorry.

Well, I enjoyed it. πŸ˜‰

So please, scroll to #5 and help me out here. What’s your take on the comment thing?

1 Annabel @ www.FeedMeImCranky.com March 16, 2011 at 4:10 pm

Loved your rambles. And if you figure out that comment thing with email auto response, will ya let me know? I need that feature, too! have a great day!

2 Kace March 16, 2011 at 4:21 pm

Haha these are great and I agree with so many of them! Especially the comment replies, I wish I knew how to do that!!!! And Utley. I couldn’t bring myself to say he was my favorite Phillie for so long just so I didn’t get lumped into the faux-fan girl mix. So I claimed Werth his first season–then all the girls jumped on that one (and of course he got traded). The problem is, Utley really is my favorite–not cause hes hot (he is), but cause of his style of play and mentality. I will NOT buy his jersey, though. I do love Chooch, though. And Jimmy.

3 Jess (In My Healthy Opinion) March 16, 2011 at 4:24 pm

Haha, I loved the rambles!! I, too, am SO sick of hearing about Charlie Sheen! Glee…no words…obsessed with it. The “wild thang” picture of you is so pretty! As far as the comments go… Um, I have NO idea how to do that. I wish I could figure it out too. Sometimes I like the e-mail, sometimes I don’t. I feel like it’s not as easily replied to? I don’t know. I don’t understand it enough yet to make an educated response! lol πŸ™‚

4 Karla March 16, 2011 at 4:34 pm

I love random posts! Makes stuff fun. & totalllly agreee on the charlie sheen nonsense. πŸ™‚

5 Sable@SquatLikeALady March 16, 2011 at 4:54 pm

You are so cute! Loved this post.

I am also SUPER sick of Charlie Sheen. Enough already! Aren’t there more important things we should be talking about? Like Japan?!?!

6 AshLemieux March 16, 2011 at 5:32 pm

hahaha ohhh my gosh you are hysterical. why am i so happy i found you!? haha…. that charlie sheen…what a mess!

7 Caree @ Fit-Mama March 16, 2011 at 6:30 pm

I was following Charlie on twitter but I am now soooo sick of him that it isn’t even funny!!

I have no idea on the comment thing, I want the same option for my blog but have yet to figure it out. Im gonna ask my hubby to see if he can figure it out. πŸ˜‰ if I find the answer, I will let you know!

8 This Italian Family March 16, 2011 at 6:31 pm

What new relationship on Glee?!? I need to Hulu the episode!!

Aww, Gerber Daisies are my FAVORITE! I love them so much! I wish they weren’t so hard to grow otherwise my entire yard would be full of them. They are so gorgeous. I love when Christopher brings me a little bouquet of these! πŸ˜€

9 Caree @ Fit-Mama March 16, 2011 at 6:37 pm

Hubby found it!! its a plug in you need to download… below is the link…

10 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) March 16, 2011 at 7:56 pm

LOVE THIS!! And AAAH brownie batter is the BEST!! So glad someone shares my guilty pleasure! πŸ˜‰

The comments you need to go self-hosted. Cos basically the only way is to use plug-ins, which you can only have through self-hostedness if I remember right (I looked this up before I went self-hosted)!! Hope that helps πŸ™‚

11 Jenn @ Peas & Crayons March 16, 2011 at 10:30 pm

I’m wordpress challenged – wish I could help! someone will figure it out for ya girly! <3

can we address the epic photobomb in your brownie batter photo? kthx

muahahahaha! looove the wine tidbit =)

12 Hungry Dancer March 16, 2011 at 10:47 pm

Loved this!!! You are A-MAZ-ING!!! Love the note your mom sent!! Definitely wine not boys!!

13 mickiruns March 16, 2011 at 10:59 pm

I love wordpress, but when it comes to dealing with it, I’m an idiot!!!

Charlie Sheen is beyond annoying. I wish I could filter him out of my web browser, completely.

I spend SO much time cutting the skin off of mangoes. I had no idea you could eat them. I’m going to try this, tonight!!!!

14 Emily March 16, 2011 at 11:21 pm

I haven’t gotten any emails if you’ve responded to any of my previous comments, but I would love to! I always forget which blogs I commented on, so it’s hard to go back n forth.
As far as the Phillies go….woof. I’m from northern NJ, so I’m Yankees all the way πŸ˜‰ don’t hate me!!!!

15 dressed2dish March 16, 2011 at 11:56 pm

Haha I agree, wine definitely does all that! Annnnd I think I could also live off brownie batter, I’m usually full before they even come out of the oven! I’ve just recently started eating lots of mango in thailand and i love it! I’m planning on trying a thai mango dessert this week πŸ™‚

16 Holly at Greek Yogurt and Apple Slices March 17, 2011 at 12:11 am

I’m with you on the Gerber Daisies πŸ™‚ I LOVE them too! Sunflowers are my favorite…for the same kind of reason- most people like roses…but I like to be different πŸ˜‰
And, for the comment thing, I think there is a box that you can check to have an email sent to you. “Notify me of follow-up comments via email”- is that what you are looking for?

17 tknologlvr March 17, 2011 at 1:07 am

Go to your Dashboard, then under settings, click discussion…in the email section, check the box next to email me whenever someone comments on my post

18 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries March 17, 2011 at 1:18 am

1.I think you are tooo funny!
2.I think DC and VA Beach should be a lot closer so we could hang out.
3. Blane and Kurt’s tonsil hockey scene TOTALLY caught me off guard! I was uncomfortable – but happy at the same time?
4. Charlie Sheen, eff off. Seriously.
5. Maybe you don’t comment on my comments, but I’ve never gotten an email response. Have you gotten one from me before? Because I know I’ve replied to you.

19 Rachel @ The Avid Appetite March 17, 2011 at 1:52 am

I also love gerbera daisies! They are so beautiful!

20 paijery March 17, 2011 at 5:06 am

Baaaaaah I love your blog!! I’m sooo sick of Charlie Sheen too! And I multitask like a psycho. πŸ˜€

21 tinkerbelle86 March 17, 2011 at 9:05 am

i love glee!!! in england its a bit behind so we had the christmas episode at the weekend, but it just makes me happy. and im not the breaking into song kinda girl normally! great post

22 Parita @ myinnershakti March 17, 2011 at 12:43 pm

Love this post! Rambling is fun. πŸ™‚ And yes, I’ve been trying to figure out the comment thing too. I would love to know when someone replies to my comment, AND I would love to let someone else know when I comment on theirs (on my own blog). Please post up a solution if you find one!