iPhone Dilemma

March 7, 2011 · 15 comments

rid me of this blackberry.

Admittedly, I’m an Apple girl. I have a MacBook, an iTouch, and an iPad. There’s just something missing…

I want you. bad.

I’ve been waiting (for what feels like) years forย Verizon to FINALLY catch up with the world and make thatย iPhone.

I want it. ๐Ÿ™ I’m over my ย purple blackberry curve 8530.

I’ve been waiting for you for so long, you dumb iPhone!

So, this iPhone pining resulted in my skipping to the Verizon store two weekends ago. I stood in the corner like a good girl and waited for my turn to talk with a Verizon rep.

30 minutes, several pouts, and numerous puppy eyes later, I left the store with the knowledge I didn’t have an upgrade until next November.

Waaaaaah!

Another little nugget of wisdom? That new iPhone 5 that was supposed to come out this summer was pushed back. Already. Shocker.

So, my options are:

1. Wait until next November to nab my iPhone, accepting the fact that I’ll be staring longingly at all those other jerks who get to have one sooner. [And maybe that iPhone 5 will be out by then?]
  2. Add a line. I can add a line to our family plan, assign the new number to my dinky old flip phone, and pay $10 extra on my bill every month until I can drop it. This would still save me about over $150 from the full price of the iPhone.
  3. Pay the full retail price of the iPhone 4, and watch $650 leave my bank account. Oy.

Everyone assures me I’ll absolutely love it (well, duh). But is this all a sign from the Gods telling me to wait it out? When will this iPhone 5 really come out?

Oh, decisions. What would you do? Do you know anyone who paid full price for their iPhone?

In the meantime, I’ll just keep celebrating Spring’s arrival with some of my favorite girls. ๐Ÿ™‚ A weekend recap is soon to come!

taking VB by storm

we say yes to late night Chanellos pizza and little gnome statues.

And don’t forget to enter my GIVEAWAY!
Click here for entering instructions.

1 Sable March 7, 2011 at 4:33 pm

Just don’t do #3! OUCH! I still have my old phone from 2007 though (seriously) lol so I may not be the one to ask!!! #2 seems like the best option — not toooooooooo expensive but allows you to get a product you’re really excited about!

2 Lauren March 7, 2011 at 5:15 pm

I’m not the right person to be giving advice on this. I am a loyal blackberry girl!!! I’m also impulsive so props to you on not dropping the $650 quite yet!

3 Cat@BudgetBlonde March 7, 2011 at 5:34 pm

Oooh the $10 add a line thing is a good idea, smarty pants! I heart my Iphone, I really do. I use it 24/7. I would die at work without it. But I probably wouldn’t pay $650 for it, although I have paid around $200ish for a new one after the screen broke (invest in a good schmancy cover, that goes without saying, not a pink sparkly one that is just for looks like blondie over here, d-oh!) Anyway, let me be the devil on your shoulder – DO IT! $10.00 extra until November, so that’s $90. Got anything you can sell over there on Ebay that will get you to that? Or, maybe give up eating out once a month? That could make you feel better. lol.
xoxo
Cat @ BudgetBlonde

4 alex March 7, 2011 at 5:36 pm

my husband just upgraded his plan…we have an iphone att iphone just sitting on a table. If you seriously want one right now let me know and we can possibly discuss it!! It would have to be jailbroken though because we have ATT….

i am iffy with apple…the people that work there have been the biggest snots to us. makes me want to toss all apple products aside…which would be my iphone…that’s it, lol

5 Freckled Foodie March 7, 2011 at 5:43 pm

i know how you feel. i wanted an iphone for EVER, but then i checked out the samsung captivate…which has the exact same dimensions as an iphone, except the screen is bigger! it has the same amount of memory, free apps, etc! it was much cheaper and so was the protection plan! might be something worth loooking into for you, too! ๐Ÿ™‚

xo.

6 Allison March 7, 2011 at 6:54 pm

Dont spend the 650!!! Id do the add a line thing before id drop 650…. then again that is coming from someone who lovesssss blackberrries! But i have been thinking of the iphone as well bc just like you, everything else i have is mac.

7 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries March 7, 2011 at 7:56 pm

Oh my goodness, I feel your pain!! I JUST got an iPhone – make that ANY kind of “smart” phone – 3 weeks ago. It’s heavenly, but I don’t think it’s worth $650 – unless you have that kind of money to throw around! Think of how many cute sundresses, shoes, accessories and cocktails you could buy with that money instead ๐Ÿ™‚

8 fashionfitnessfoodie March 7, 2011 at 8:32 pm

whoa i dont think you should pay full price for it!!
I got it the day it came out for Verizon and love it (obvs) but I would’ve never paid 650 dollars for it…Wait it out girl!

9 This Italian Family March 7, 2011 at 8:37 pm

Ooh tough decision! I think I’d wait if it were me, but it’s totally your decision! ๐Ÿ™‚

Love that pic of you and the gnome, haha!

10 movesnmunchies March 7, 2011 at 9:45 pm

WAHHH i like blackberries.. although i have a mac and its THE BOMB.COM! buttt if i were you- i wouldnt pay full price!!! too expensive girlie!

11 tknologlvr March 7, 2011 at 9:55 pm

Add the line!

12 Parita @ myinnershakti March 7, 2011 at 11:56 pm

Take the sign and wait it out!!! It’ll still be around in a few months! ๐Ÿ™‚

13 Emily March 8, 2011 at 12:29 am

eeeeeek, kinda in the same situation as you! although my upgrade is now, in march. i realllllly reallllly want the iphone but was considering holding out until the iphone5 came out this summer. but NOW you say it isn’t?! i don’t think i can wait any longer. besides, i’m not some tech savvy nerd that needs the latest and greatest.

14 Jess March 8, 2011 at 1:17 am

I love my iphone, but I say wait. The time will fly!

15 Kristina March 8, 2011 at 1:21 am

I grabbed the iphone when it came to verizon and love it-I too am an apple gal-I didn’t hear about it being pushed back though!!!!!! I’m a compulsive person so I may not be the logical person to get advice from! DO IT DO IT DO IT!