How I Learned How To Avoid Dancing With People I Don’t Want To

March 8, 2011 · 27 comments

I came to move, move, move, move...

It happens almost every time you’re gettin’ your groove on at a club or bar.

You’re not sure how to handle the “situation.”

All you want to do is shake your groove thang with your friends.

I came to dance, dance, dance, dance...

That creepy guy starts movin’ in for the kill, and you’re not sure whether to throw the nearest unsuspecting girl between the two of you or run to the girls’ room for cover.

Thanks to JennaMarbles, I knew just what to do on Saturday night when Drunky McSlopski entered my personal space on the dance flo’.

(watch yourself, kids… Jenna’s not so keen on censoring herself.)

(Another note – that’s not me. Although she is pretty hysterical)

SO, with Jenna’s smarts, I pulled out “the face.”Β Anastasia followed suit. So did Katie. Drunky McSlopski batted his drunk eyes and high-tailed it outta there like we sprouted tails.

it was better the first time.

Just stand there. Don’t change your face, don’t look around, don’t talk to your friends, just stand there. Like this.

SUCCESS. WIN.

Thank you, JennaMarbles. Thank you.

My weekend in D.C. had so many highs…

a 10.3 mile HILL run. domination!

SERIOUS Greek food

tall running friends reunite!

a Katie Hatt reunion… oh, how I’ve missed her.

a group McDonalds trip that “didn’t really happen.” Clearly, I had a great weekend food-wise.

a well-spent weekend with the best. πŸ™‚

Dear D.C., I love visiting you. Will you take me as your full-time lovah?

Love, Alyssa

1 Jacq March 8, 2011 at 3:53 pm

#1: Greek food has the liberty of being free of any/all judgement as it is so delicious. Go ahead, try to judge someone with a gyro in their hands – it just won’t stick.
#2: McDonald’s never actually happens. The only people who eat that food are the ones in the commercials, didn’t you know that? You must have stumbled onto a McD’s commercial set…yeah…
#3: I can’t believe that the (dr/h)unks run away from that face when all I want to do is run towards it.

2 movesnmunchies March 8, 2011 at 3:58 pm

OH. MY. GOD i just peed my PANTS..JENNA just made my day–

3 Parita March 8, 2011 at 4:09 pm

You are so cute! I love DC as well! It’s one of my fav cities! And don’t worry, I tend to thing of the blog world as a judgement free zone. πŸ™‚

4 Kace March 8, 2011 at 4:17 pm

Fantastic! My friends and I do this inadvertantly though. We have this, shark attack thing, with hand-fins on our heads and growling….. anyway we discovered it by accident. Same results. Although the cute boys stay away, too….

5 This Italian Family March 8, 2011 at 4:31 pm

Haha! So glad her advice worked out so well for you! Looks like you guys had SO much fun! πŸ™‚

6 cupcake dynamite March 8, 2011 at 4:33 pm

AHAHAHHAHA ALYSSA THAT VIDEO! So funny I am cracking up! Great job on the hill run!!! I can’t believe the shamrock is so soon!!! πŸ˜€ Dance with me this weekend!

7 Sable@SquatLikeALady March 8, 2011 at 4:40 pm

hahahaha hilarious!!!! Thanks for the vid!

I am totally with ya on the DC love. It’s my fave city…too bad it’s so expensive to live there!

8 meg o@ watchmegorun March 8, 2011 at 6:16 pm

Haha this entire post cracked me up. I love the face. Looks like you had tons of fun on your trip, yay!

9 Meaghan March 8, 2011 at 7:18 pm

LOL I am SO trying that next time πŸ˜› That video is hilarious!

10 Rachel @ The Avid Appetite March 8, 2011 at 7:35 pm

Looks like you had such a great weekend! I love DC, such a nice city!!

11 Caree @ Fit-Mama March 8, 2011 at 8:22 pm

I used to live 20 min north of DC, I miss it!!! so fun!

12 Sweet Tooth Runner March 8, 2011 at 8:31 pm

HAHA HILARIOUS!! Jenna is SO funny!! And your trip looks like such a RIOT!! I’m coming with you on your next one, k? πŸ˜‰

13 fitchocoholic March 8, 2011 at 8:48 pm

hahahaha this was funny!
Thanks for posting that recipe on my blog! =D

14 Emily March 8, 2011 at 9:01 pm

Haha stoolala. I frequent barstool NY on the reg. Glad you had fun in DC! I’ve only gone out there once

15 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries March 9, 2011 at 12:17 am

I live in DC! It looks like you had a lot of fun. Holy hell – that video made me laugh out loud. I love it!

16 Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles March 9, 2011 at 12:42 am

Oh, you’re making me miss DC! I spent last summer there – loved it!

17 Hollie @ Lolzthatswim(andRun) March 9, 2011 at 1:53 am

Ha you are hilarious. I actually grew up in Chesapeake and go to school in upstate NY. I’m on Spring Break down here and it is so nice ahh.

I can’t wait to read more of your blog girl.

18 alex March 9, 2011 at 1:03 pm

aww glad you had a great weekend! keep those friends close!!

19 Ali @seealieatseealirun March 10, 2011 at 8:44 pm