An E-mail

March 30, 2011 · 42 comments

There is nothing like an e-mail to make you feel inferior. An e-mail to make you feel like you’re not good enough, or to make you feel like you did something wrong.

Know what it made me realize? That God is doing something right.

After two years, an e-mail tells me that he isn’t good enough.

God has an interesting way of working. And I’m thankful that he didn’t let me waste any more of my time, love, thoughts, and energy on something that could end so hurtfully.

I’m thankful he didn’t let me give up everything, like I had offered, for someone who doesn’t deserve it.

An e-mail is absurd. An e-mail is laughable.

And I’m glad I’m now free to find someone who realizes what they have when they’ve got me.

Someone who couldn’t imagine living their life without me.

Someone who would never send me that e-mail. After two years, two months, or two days.

Now, on to the real question. Who’s ready for some serious wine nights in Virginia Beach? Just don’t e-mail me. ;)

chuckin' up the deuces.

1 movesnmunchies March 30, 2011 at 2:21 pm

HELLZ YEAH- whoever sent you THAT email can go be that poop head- YOU ROCK ON GIRL!

2 Stephanie@MyThornshaveRoses March 30, 2011 at 2:24 pm

An email?! What a dbag. You have a very good perspective on this. Hopefully you’re doing alright!

3 Bella March 30, 2011 at 2:34 pm

An email? For realz? That’s as bad as the Post-it note break-up episode in Sex and the City. Oy.
Sending <3 to your hottass!

4 cait March 30, 2011 at 2:46 pm

I still can’t believe he did it in an email but that just proves that you deserve better! Don’t give it a second thought pretty girl! You’re fabulous just as you are!

5 mickiruns March 30, 2011 at 2:47 pm

Girl you are so much better than this, fo sho! Dude has no idea what he’s going to me missing out on.

I admire your positive outlook on this, and I’ll send a little prayer your way. If you see a wine bottle floating around, grab it, it’s from me!!

(hugs)

6 Sable@SquatLikeALady March 30, 2011 at 2:48 pm

WHAT? An e-mail? For real? Jeebers.

You sound super positive (and you are 100% totally CORRECT about everything you said!) — keep your head up! You are WAY better than that.

7 Jenny March 30, 2011 at 2:49 pm

No one deserves to get an email like that. I’m so happy that you realized that you are better and that you will find someone who will never ever do that to you. Life is too short to dwell on the past. Think of this as a new beginning, so come to Miami please so we can party! :D

8 cupcake dynamite March 30, 2011 at 3:19 pm

YESSSSSS!!!!! I’m ready for some serious wine nights… what’s your email address again? Should I send you a letter? Smoke signal? You are beautiful and deserve the BEST. I am so proud of you for your perspective- keep it up! I am here for you!!! You deserve so much better, and it WILL come! All it takes is some time… and lots of wine drinking& brownie/cookie/ball ;) baking!

9 getalivingsense March 30, 2011 at 3:21 pm

Ugh, how low can you get?! An e-mail!? You definitely deserve wayyyy better!!!

10 Meaghan March 30, 2011 at 3:28 pm

An email?!?!?! That’s pathetic! I don’t know much about that guy, but just from the fact that he didn’t even have the decency to say what he had to say to your face says enough! You deserve MUCH better than that!

11 bluberrypickin March 30, 2011 at 3:36 pm

great pic & great quote!! love that song by Chris Brown (& any other song by him for that matter :) ) sorry to hear about your e-mail but it’s good that you are keeping positive thoughts & energy all around you…everything you said is so true!!! what a loser is send it in an e-mail….be a man about it!!

12 Hollie @ Lolzthatswim(andRun) March 30, 2011 at 3:55 pm

Um girl I turn 21 in July. Let’s go out! It would be so much fun.

I’m glad you are taking a positive approach too it and I know it is terribly hard.

13 Alyssa March 30, 2011 at 4:10 pm

YES, PLEASE! ;)

14 Kristina March 30, 2011 at 4:08 pm

An email???? Screw that! Keep your head up, eat some granola, down some wine, and throw in some girl time-live it up!

15 Alyssa March 30, 2011 at 4:10 pm

I’ve already downed SO MUCH GRANOLA, thanks to you, K! I’m going to give you some nice creds/link you in tomororrow’s post, don’t worry. ;)

16 Jess March 30, 2011 at 4:21 pm

You are a strong girl and deserve so much!

17 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries March 30, 2011 at 4:30 pm

What a douchelord. You’re far too pretty for any of that nonsense. On to the next!!

18 Katelyn March 30, 2011 at 4:44 pm

I freaking. Love you. YES wine nights and Smirnoff ice please..its fine I can pass for 21:)

19 cleaneatingchelsey March 30, 2011 at 5:05 pm

For real? An email???? Stupid boy. Not even worth it!!! I’ll take a glass of wine please!

20 clairetherd March 30, 2011 at 5:10 pm

Sounds like your attitude is headed the right direction! You know how amazing you are, you don’t need some silly boy to try to make you think otherwise. Smile, pretty girl!

21 meg o@ watchmegorun March 30, 2011 at 5:14 pm

Ughh that’s the worst, I’m sorry. Glad u aren’t letting it get u down too much. You are gorgeous and Ull find a guy who appreciates you for the amazing person you are. Live it up tonight love!

22 alex March 30, 2011 at 5:34 pm

I am guessing someone broke up with you over email? I was dumped over a phone. It was so lame.

GOD works wonders! YAY FOR YOU!!!

23 Hungry Dancer March 30, 2011 at 6:12 pm

What a p*ssy…excuse my french! I mean get some balls and don’t do it in an email! That is seriously so pathetic and immature! You are gorgeous and way to good for someone like that!!

24 Sophia @ Raven Waves March 30, 2011 at 6:53 pm

An email? Screw him! Wine nights with the girls are much more worth it!

25 laurwilk March 30, 2011 at 8:16 pm

I saw your tweet last night and was shocked! An email was not his best ever choice. I am certainly NOT supporting his choice but I think it’s good to keep in mind that no one is perfect. Good for you for keeping your head and realizing your worth! I think you’re great!

26 Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) March 30, 2011 at 8:16 pm

Urgh in an email?! Classy…! And too right God knows, and there’s a guy out there who will realise what he has when he has you, cos you are AMAZING and so freakin’ gorgeous!! :D

27 Parita @ myinnershakti March 30, 2011 at 8:45 pm

AN EMAIL?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!?! Wow, you are so much better than that and have so much going for you. I know we don’t know each other personally, but I’m proud of you for taking the high road. :)

28 Jenn @ Peas & Crayons March 30, 2011 at 9:19 pm

Ok that is total douche-baggery at its finest.. wait, not finest! douche-y-est! omg! How free as a bird are you!? ahhhh live it up doll! You better have a cocktail in your hand this minute! ok ok this weekend ;) MWAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

29 Kace March 30, 2011 at 10:09 pm

Hey at least you got an email! I had one ex try the “fall off the face of the earth and hope she doesn’t notice” method. It always makes me think of the Post-It Episode of SATC….Carrie’s rant is so dead on.

30 moveovercelery March 30, 2011 at 10:14 pm

An email? How low can you stoop…?

I love your attitude. God’s got yo’ back! Annnnnd you’re gorgeous, this guy doesn’t know what’s up!

31 Ma Ma Megan March 30, 2011 at 10:37 pm

Email!?? Douche bag.
Love your attitude.You go girl :)

32 Brittany March 30, 2011 at 11:01 pm

Chin up, eat some hummus, have a glass or two of margaritas, and smile knowing that you are WORTH so much more than that! And yay for you… live up your single time :)

33 kimberley March 30, 2011 at 11:22 pm

Girl you have a great attitude towards it, stay strong :)
My exboyfriend broke up with me over a text message after 3 years, i was devestated and I defintly did not take it good. If i could take it back I wouldnt have wasted the time or crying over it (he was not worth it). But you learn from your mistakes!

34 runyogarepeat March 31, 2011 at 12:31 am

I’m so glad that you have a positive attitude about this! An email is pathetic after 2 years, and you deserve better girl!

35 tknologlvr March 31, 2011 at 2:40 am

Whatevs…you don’t need a guy to be happy, that comes from within. Besides, a gentleman would let you down easy…in person.

36 applesnoats March 31, 2011 at 3:21 am

What a jerk!!!throw those dueces up girl your absolutely gorgeous anyways and you will always be the best he ever had but he will definitely not be the best you ever had….if that makes sense hahaha

37 Kelli@Baker on the Run March 31, 2011 at 4:31 am

An e-mail is even worse than the infamous SatC Post-It note! Sorry about the e-mail, but I’m sure you’ll find someone better and infinitely more worthy of your time and affection. Praying for you :)

38 This Italian Family March 31, 2011 at 2:55 pm

Oh my goodness, girl, I am SO sorry this happened. Just know that you are surrounded by love and people who care about you (both in real life and here). You’re right – you deserve better. Love ya, girl!

39 Freckled Foodie March 31, 2011 at 3:10 pm

You totally deserve SO much more than someone who would send an email like that…so impersonal and immature. I’m so glad that you can keep things in perspective and see that God is incontrol and HE works for the good of those who love HIM. There’s someone SO much better for you out there, love!

<3 xox.

40 Katie March 31, 2011 at 6:02 pm

And I love this post and how amazing you are (and the thought of day drinking on the beach with you this summer..nachos and jumbo margs, but you already knew that)

41 what katie's baking April 1, 2011 at 1:03 am

GIRLFRIEND!
ugghhh whoever this dude is that’s sending you an EMAIL is obviously a jerk.
how immature can you get? seriously.
thank goodness you realized that you deserve way better. you’re an amazing girl! :)

42 Haughty by Nature April 15, 2011 at 3:51 am

I will cut a bitch. Just say the word.