Valentines & Virginia is for Lovers 14k Race Photos

February 15, 2011 · 13 comments

It was a nice family Valentines Day this year in Virginia Beach. Momma and papa were in town to bring Chloe back from her vet appointment in N.C. and for my wood floors to be delivered. Hooo-rah!

As evidenced below, Chloe was a pretty big fan of her first Valentine’s Day. Her Opa and Gigi got her an awesome chew toy thats called a “Dog Saver.” It’s a gummy ring (like a life saver) that has little treat compartments for a dog to try to remove with her teeth.

The best part? It keeps her occupied. for. so. long.

Can we take a moment and look at how fast she is growing?

And you know you’re getting older when you’re psyched to receive some brand new black sheets.

not just a pretty bed; heaven.

And not just any black sheets. All-season, jersey, themostcomfortablesleepever black sheets. Can you say “I’m going to sleep through the rest of the week?” Jersey sheets can be a little too heavy for me, but these are light and fluffy and soft and cozy and…. I’ll stop.
But they’re awesome. Thanks, Mom.
I, on the other hand, was very excited about my gift as well. When we visited the Rosemont Winery over my birthday weekend, I snagged this beauty for my momma.

It’s a real flattened wine bottle… made into a cheese platter! It came with the cute little knife as well. I was so excited to give it, and mom really seemed to like it.

Cynthia, I may be a stowaway in your next lake trip. I need to grab 16 more of these babies.ย And not just for me. No, really. ย ๐Ÿ˜‰

Race Photos!

As promised… photos from the Virginia is for Lovers 14k this past Saturday. So fun.

Screen shot from Triduo.com.

There’s my finish. next to the tutu. thank you, Triduo.

Weee are the champ-yons…

Mow. that. burrito.

And, on the subject of love, I was pretty psyched to find these baby packets of the “special pb” from Peanut Butter & Co. I’ve been dying to try. I haven’t wanted to get a tub of the stuff, so I bought these with the intention of trying ’em out. Reviews to come!

The Thin Mint Protein Green Monster Shake

Some of you also pointed out I so rudely forgot to mention what I put in my thin mint green monster protein shake. I adapted it from Julie‘s recipe, and into the blender went:

1.5 scoops Chocolate Truffle Whey Protein Isolate
1 cup skim milk
6 ice cubes
1 tsp. Bobโ€™s Red Mill xanthan gum for thickness
peppermint extract, to taste (I’ve had a few mishaps with this one.. use a TEENSY bit. like 1/8 tsp)
2 large handfuls spinach
a big fat squirt of Smucker’s Fat Free Sundae Syrup

P.S. For all you Bachelor fans out there… you MUST read this girl’s hysterical Bachelor recap. She’s a friend of my friend, and her laugh-out-loud comments always have me rolling!

1 Rach February 15, 2011 at 8:39 pm

>The wine bottle turned cheese platter is so cool! I swear, Chloe gets more cute every time I see her. ๐Ÿ™‚

2 celeryandcupcakes February 15, 2011 at 9:12 pm

>I love that cheese platter, such a cool idea!

3 Kayla (Little Miss Healthify) February 15, 2011 at 10:52 pm

>Love the race photos! ๐Ÿ™‚ That's my favorite shake, too! I make it EVERYDAY.

4 thefitacademic February 16, 2011 at 1:07 am

>Awww, your pups is too precious! Congrats again about the race this past weekend! PS: i'll have to check out the Bachelor recap! Thanks for the tip!

5 Ally (oatsandspice) February 16, 2011 at 1:36 am

>I totally would have been decked out in a pink shirt for the race too! Maybe someday I will have the courage… ๐Ÿ™‚ And I still can't get over how cute your dog is! I want to play with him!http://oatsandspice.wordpress.com

6 Olivia February 16, 2011 at 1:52 am

>I love that smooshed wine bottle! We have one too that we got for christmas a few years ago…I think they look so cool! And your smoothie recipe sounds delish-I'll have to try it soon!

7 Cat@BudgetBlonde February 16, 2011 at 3:36 am

>Congrats on finishing the race! Amazing! And could your pup be more adorable? Seriously I was drooling over the little puppy on your video post at work today! haha!Ohmygosh and did you know I live in Richmond?? If you are ever this way please let me know and we can grab some coffee! I know they have the annual 10k here coming up. :)xoxoCat

8 Zandi Watts February 16, 2011 at 4:00 am

>My family used to melt wine bottles to make them into cheese boards for a LIVING. Isn't that awesome?

9 Alex February 16, 2011 at 12:36 pm

>love the pictures you posted!!! Love the puppy!

10 LifeasKristina February 16, 2011 at 1:23 pm

>Any toy that is time consuming-SCORE!Love the race pics seems like so much fun!

11 Alyssa @ life of bLyss February 16, 2011 at 1:39 pm

>@Zandi Wattsreally, Zandi?! is it easy to do?! I must investigate. need. to. learn.

12 myhighonlife February 16, 2011 at 4:32 pm

>thanks for the shake recipe! I'll have to run to the store & look for the ingredients. Chloe is soo cute. She reminds me of my brothers puppy we got a year ago, sadly he's a big boy now but he was way too precious. I want a puppy! ๐Ÿ™‚

13 Christin@purplebirdblog February 17, 2011 at 7:00 pm