Etsy Enthusiast

February 18, 2011 · 13 comments

Are you guys all Etsy lovers like I am?

For all of you who aren’t up to speed on the awesome site, I’ll fill you in a little.

Etsy is like the Ebay of handmade goods. Their “About” page reads,

Our mission is to enable people to make a living making things, and to reconnect makers with buyers.
Our vision is to build a new economy and present a better choice:
Buy, Sell, and Live Handmade.

check out my etsy! :)
And gosh, am I thankful for Etsy. This is where I started bLyss Designs, my hand-painted glassware business!

Although it was a great starting point, I definitely have re-vamped the biz, and I make way more personalized “to-order” glasses. So… I made a Facebook Page. :)

I WOULD, however, like to highlight a few of my faves from Etsy.

I stumbled upon Emily’s shop, ERM Originals, a few months ago. I fell in love with the gorgeous little necklace, and have pined over it for a while.

how adorable is this?

I finally pulled the trigger on the “Check Out” button about a week ago, and I just received my little beauty in the mail yesterday.

Naturally, I’m sporting mine at work today.

“A” is for “Alyssa” and an “Awesome” necklace.

Lulubug is another favorite store of mine. She makes the cutest little dainty necklaces, and I wear my daisy flower all the time!

Lulubug Jewelry
Chloe and me sportin’ the Lulubug!

My friend Lisa-Marie and I stumbled onto Lisa’s shop, Whimsy and Ink one night when we decided we needed flasks (don’t judge; there is always a time and place for one, and trust me, we were there). We were so excited to see Lisa’s funky designs on handmade flasks as seen in Real Simple Magazine. They’re pretty hysterical, and to go with my little thing for Ke$ha, I got a beard flask.

I own this. in hot pink. “I like your beard.”

Morgan Prather’s shop is chock full of adorable jewelry, as well. I’ve purchased several of her necklaces, including this one Lisa-Marie wears all the time (gosh, it just sounds like LM is my Etsy buddy, huh?).

photo by http://aliciawhitephoto.com/

Isn’t Morgan’s necklace perfect?

And FINALLY, my friend Katherine, shop, Kakalina Rose. She’s got the most adorable Vintage clothing store on Etsy, and the most beautiful pictures to boot! If you’re a vintage girl, you must check out her stuff. It’s so cute, and her prices are awesome. You can get coupon codes if you check out her blog, too!

pretty Katherine and her  vintage 70s flower maxi dress

I’m done rambling about fantastic Etsy. But seriously, check those girls out. I love their stuff!

Do you have some favorites on Etsy? Share them with me! I’m at Etsy-holic. I wanna see ‘em.

1 Lisa @ I'm an Okie February 18, 2011 at 8:11 pm

>I love all the Etsy suggestions…oh, and I liked you on facebook. cant wait to look through your designs! I love these state necklaces: http://www.etsy.com/listing/62561989/teensy-state-charm-necklace?ref=pr_shopand this shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/FreshyFig?ref=pr_shop_morethese greeting cardshttp://www.etsy.com/shop/upup?section_id=6479759That's just some!

2 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss February 18, 2011 at 8:23 pm

>@Lisa @ I'm an OkieLisa, I LOVE these! and did you purposefully send me the NJ state necklace? ;) I've gotta get that.

3 Rach February 18, 2011 at 8:52 pm

>So many great suggestions! I work really hard to stay off etsy because I get so addicted to it. I love your new necklace (with the A)… so beautiful!

4 Melissa February 19, 2011 at 12:19 am

>I have not really ever checked out Etsy. I'm afraid I would get addicted!

5 fashionfitnessfoodie February 19, 2011 at 3:30 am

>I love etsy but I seriously can't be on too long or I would spend a million dollars! You have great suggestions though!

6 Courtney February 19, 2011 at 3:57 am

>Thanks for the comment on my blog – I'm loving yours! How cool is it that you have an Etsy store?! You creative girl, you! :)

7 Allison February 19, 2011 at 5:28 pm

>I love easy but haven't done much recently exploring! Thanks for these suggestions I really like that daisy necklace!

8 cyclicalunemployment February 19, 2011 at 5:38 pm

>GREAT etsy finds! I love all of these things! SO cuteKatherine

9 Alex February 19, 2011 at 9:19 pm

>this is where I bought my wedding bouquetshttp://www.etsy.com/shop/letters4lillyand this is where I get my stationaryhttp://www.etsy.com/shop/Lydiaandpugs?ref=pr_shopI love your shop! I am going to keep it in mind for when I need a present…or a present for me!

10 Nicole @ Of Cookies & Carrots February 20, 2011 at 6:03 am

>Um so firstly you are gorgeous, just sayin' :) also those necklaces are all so pretty! and i love your wine glasses :)

11 Olivia February 20, 2011 at 1:58 pm

>I love etsy but I've never actually bought something from there. OMG your necklace is gorgeous though…you convinced me to go check out the site again:)

12 LifeasKristina February 21, 2011 at 3:48 am

>So many people talk about Etsy and i've never checked it out-prob bc I don't need another online shopping addiction;)

13 Brittany @ A Healthy Slice of Life February 21, 2011 at 2:48 pm

>I adore Etsy (and your sweet Chloe :) ). I haven't figured out how to master navigating the Etsy site yet, because most of the stuff I've bought was for my friend's baby. I need to explore more, though- I love homemade stuff!!